Girl Poems - Poems For Girl
Poems about girl. You can read the best girl poems. Browse through all girl poems.
The Blind Girl - Poem by William Topaz McGonagall
Kind Christians, pray list to me,
And I'll relate a sad story,
Concerning a little blind girl, only nine years of age,
Who lived with her father in a lonely cottage.
Poor girl, she had never seen the blessed light of day,
Nor the beautiful fields of corn and hay,
Nor the sparrows, that lifted their heads at early morn
To bright Sol that does the hills adorn.
And near the cottage door there was an elm tree;
But that stunted elm tree she never did see,
Yet her little heart sometimes felt gay
As she listened to the thrushes that warbled the live-long day.
And she would talk to the wren when alone,
And to the wren she would her loneliness bemoan,
And say, "Dear little wren, come again to-morrow;
Now be sure and come, your singing will chase away my sorrow."
She was motherless, but she had a drunken father,
Who in his savage moods drank all he could gather,
And would often cruelly beat her until she would cry,
"Dear father, if you beat me I will surely die."
She spent the days in getting ready her father's food,
Which was truly for her drunken father's good;
But one night he came home, reeling drunk,
And the poor child's heart with fear sunk;
And he cried, "You were at the door when I came up the lane;
Take that, you good-for-nothing slut; you're to blame
For not having my supper ready; you will find
That's no excuse, Sarah, because you are blind."
And with a stick he struck her as he spoke
Across the shoulders, until the stick almost broke;
Crying aloud, "I'll teach you better, you little sneak;"
And with the beating, Sarah's heart was like to break.
Poor little Sarah had never seen the snow;
She knew it was beautiful white, some children told her so;
And in December, when the snow began to fall,
She would go to the door and make a snowball.
One day she'd been very cheerless and alone,
Poor child, and so cold, almost chilled to the bone;
For her father had spent his wages in drink,
And for want of fire she was almost at death's brink.
Her face was pinched with hunger but she never complained,
And her little feet with cold were chilblained,
And her father that day had not come home for dinner,
And the dull grey sky was all of a shimmer.
So poor Sarah was very sick when her father came home;
So bad, little dear, that she did sigh and moan,
And when her father saw her in bed
He was heart-stricken with fear and dread.
So within a few days poor Sarah did die,
And for the loss of Sarah the drunken father did cry,
So the loss of his child soon converted him
From drinking either whiskey, rum or gin.
Comments about The Blind Girl by William Topaz McGonagall
Poems About Girl
- 51. The Blind Girl , William Topaz McGonagall
- 52. The Dream Of A Girl Who Lived At Seven-O.. , William Brighty Rands
- 53. Combat-Ready Girl , Uriah Hamilton
- 54. Girl Graduates , William Schwenck Gilbert
- 55. To A Silent Girl , Harry 'Breaker' Harbord Morant
- 56. The Happiest Girl In The World , Augusta Davies Webster
- 57. To A Sad Girl , Uriah Hamilton
- 58. The Little Match Girl , William Topaz McGonagall
- 59. Servant Girl And Grocer's Boy , Joyce Kilmer
- 60. Only A Dancing Girl , William Schwenck Gilbert
- 61. An English Girl , William Schwenck Gilbert
- 62. World-Weary Girl , Uriah Hamilton
- 63. A Sullen Girl , Uriah Hamilton
- 64. Come, Pretty School-Girl! , Henry Clay Work
- 65. Song Of The Little White Girl , Katherine Mansfield
- 66. Daddy's Girl , Angie Watson
- 67. Dark Girl , Uriah Hamilton
- 68. A Girl In The Rain , Suchoon Mo_
- 69. Confused And Lost Little Girl , Erin Hanson
- 70. I Was That Girl... , Mary Nagy
- 71. The Hollow Girl , Ballerina With Fins
- 72. Girl In Cemetry , Deepa Thomas
- 73. Canadian Girl , Vikram G. Aarella
- 74. I Prayed, At First, A Little Girl , Emily Dickinson
- 75. Go Girl , Fay Poole
- 76. No One Understands Heartache Like A Beau.. , Meagan Peters
- 77. The Periwinkle Girl , William Schwenck Gilbert
- 78. Death Of A Soul Mate; Death Of The Girl , Lily Espinosa
- 79. Asian Girl , Theorem The Truth Serum
- 80. Girl, Why Don't You Dry Those Tears , Ronell Warren Alman
- 81. The Soul Of A Girl , Aubree Jaontalli
- 82. (g) Girl In A Photo , Francis Curran
- 83. You Were Never A Little Girl , Uriah Hamilton
- 84. Sweetest Girl , sam, corrupt S, finley
- 85. Vermeer's Little Girl , Adam Zagajewski
- 86. Girl , Lisa Zaran
- 87. Quiet Girl , Tan Pratonix
- 88. Country Girl Gone Wrong , Sidi J. Mahtrow
- 89. Perfect Girl , David Darbyshire
- 90. Peace, Little Girl, Peace. , Mia Ocean
- 91. An Australian Girl , Ethel Castilla
- 92. Cookie Girl , Victor Osorio
- 93. Sweet Country Girl And I , Paul the Lion
- 94. I Still See That Girl , Mary Nagy
- 95. Just A Little Girl , Sylvia Chidi
- 96. Daddy's Little Girl , Lagaya Evans
- 97. Smile At A Girl , Uriah Hamilton
- 98. This Little Girl , Ruth warren
- 99. Young Girl! ! * , Becky Ginn
- 100. A Girl Named Hate , Christal Carpenter
New Girl Poems
- carpe diem