Grief Poems - Poems For Grief
Poems about grief. You can read the best grief poems. Browse through all grief poems.
My black face fades,
hiding inside the black granite.
I said I wouldn't,
dammit: No tears.
I'm stone. I'm flesh.
My clouded reflection eyes me
like a bird of prey, the profile of night
slanted against morning. I turn
this way--the stone lets me go.
I turn that way--I'm inside
the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
again, depending on the light
to make a difference.
I go down the 58,022 names,
half-expecting to find
my own in letters like smoke.
I touch the name Andrew Johnson;
I see the booby trap's white flash.
Names shimmer on a woman's blouse
but when she walks away
the names stay on the wall.
Brushstrokes flash, a red bird's
wings cutting across my stare.
The sky. A plane in the sky.
A white vet's image floats
closer to me, then his pale eyes
look through mine. I'm a window.
He's lost his right arm
inside the stone. In the black mirror
a woman's trying to erase names:
No, she's brushing a boy's hair. read more »
I TELL you, hopeless grief is passionless;
That only men incredulous of despair,
Half-taught in anguish, through the midnight air
Beat upward to God's throne in loud access read more »
27.Sonnet 64: When I have seen by Time's fell hand defaced
When I have seen by Time's fell hand defaced
The rich-proud cost of outworn buried age;
When sometime lofty towers I see down-razed
And brass eternal slave to mortal rage; read more »
28.To W.C.W. M.D.
There has been
I bring it to you. read more »
29.From "Adonais," 49-52
Go thou to Rome,--at once the Paradise,
The grave, the city, and the wilderness; read more »
30.Fairbanks Under the Solstice
Slowly, without sun, the day sinks
toward the close of December.
It is minus sixty degrees. read more »
On a platform, I heard someone call out your name:
No, Laetitia, no.
It wasn't my train—the doors were closing,
but I rushed in, searching for your face. read more »
The news is still falling
in our kitchen
like invisible rain read more »
Day is a type when visible
objects change then put read more »
34.Alabanza: In Praise of Local 100
35.The Second Coming
TURNING and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, read more »
36.My Mother Sent Me
a text message
from her coffin.
It said Glad
you're not here. read more »
New Grief Poems
- Dew will perish, Aftab Alam
- In a Burning Thunder, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- o! Grief!, RIC S. BASTASA
- how can my hands prevent you from gettin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Can One Still Smile?, Rohit Sapra
- Grief hit is mandatory, Aftab Alam
- Grief And Pains, Bireswar Halder
- To Unlock And To Knock Out, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Grief Management, Perveiz Ali
- Grief, ROCHISH MON
- Walls Of Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Burden Of Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Scorpion, gajanan mishra
- The Outpour of Grief for Those Famous, Lyn Paul
- Tantalizing Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Grief and Life, douglas scotney
- Grief As An Island, RIC S. BASTASA
- Amazement II, Rose Ausländer
- Del Mar, For Lorca, Jone Guo
- September Ashes, Fatima Nusairat
- Grief, Gbeti gaius Kafui
- Death for Me, Rohit Sapra
- Grief Is A Mistake-Realize, gajanan mishra
- Grief, gajanan mishra
- MISERABLE HAPPINESS, segun Johnson Ozique
- Song Of Nobel Grief, Millosh Gjergj Nikolla
- I Always Laugh, ramesh rai
- Great Grief, douglas scotney
- Grief, Poet Dragon
- Emotional Scavenger, Jinge Norvall
- Let us not mind the happiness..., Narsinh Mehta
- How Great His Grief, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Pleasure, Gautama Buddha
- i do not run away from gried....., RIC S. BASTASA
- In my closet, Saintdc Reward
- Grief, sandy kulchyski
- Alone in grief, alone in thought, alone, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Words for Sergeant Dakota Meyer, USMC – .., Bill Grace
- Grief is the soul of life- SONNET, shubham tomar
- Loss, renato mascardo
- God Speaks To My Heart, Elizabeth Lindberg
- Threats To Keep A People In Grief, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Friendship, Silas Weir Mitchell
- Song Of Noble Grief, Migjeni
- Not With These Eyes, John Freeman
- Grief-Song, John Bannister Tabb
- Grief, Robert Laurence Binyon
- My Profound Grief, Diane Perez
- Grief Is Never Having To Say I Grieve, rosalinda flores martinez
- Morning Dove, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Healing, Mark R Slaughter
- Closure, Mark R Slaughter
- sift and shift, RIC S. BASTASA
- The Companions, Adelaide Crapsey
- One Worse Thing, Margaret Widdemer
- Love's Chastening, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Untamed Grief, Valerian Mwenda
- In my grief, Jennifer Casiano
- Stand Alone Complex, DarkShaya Naiyamoto
- Unknown Grief, Mark Wazzy
- What old sadness can I let go of by shar.., Susie Sunshine
- Grief Abidding, Lonnie Hicks
- ! ! For those in mind, Michael Shepherd
- Grief, Claire Abbott
- THROUGH THE LENS OF GRIEF SONG, Aldo Kraas
- Grief, You... don't... want me...
- Dark, Tajma Hall
- .. Farewell, Frederick Kesner
- thecom, brandon edwards
- crying, RIC S. BASTASA
- Grief, Caitlin (a dead poet) no lon ..
- Silent Language Of Grief, Seema Chowdhury
- TO GRIEF, dr. ram sharma
- Hope in Heaven's Day, Arlene Dery
- carpe diem