Grief Poems - Poems For Grief
Poems about grief. You can read the best grief poems. Browse through all grief poems.
Fate And Fortune - Poem by April Avalon
This northern city with headlights-eyes
Has buried me in its cold and gloom;
You'll see this place in a dreadful guise
And once sweet home will seem a tomb
Once you're aware there's no way out,
Once dreams of youth say goodbye and grin.
It goes farther and makes me doubt
In all the things I have ever seen.
Its blood has turned into ice and snow -
It's endless winter in every heart.
The winds of grief never cease to blow,
The art of grief is the greatest art.
And once in this cradle of dirt and despair
A wandering stranger demanded my mind.
He asked me about this damned northern air
I'd better not breathe - I would leave it behind.
He said: 'I'm in love with this misery, miss.
Destruction is right what we need to create.
True art is in grief, I've been dreaming of this.
My yesterday's fortune's tomorrow's fate.
I know all secrets my destiny knows,
So this boring dwelling won't be a surprise'.
I thought: 'He's my twin, and it clearly shows'.
That evening he opened my widely shut eyes.
A perfect stranger has built a wall
To be a shield from this gloom and lies,
From endless rains of this city's gall
That falls on me from the shattered skies.
The wave of feelings can warm the days
Of dull existence in Bitterland
And melt the ice in this rotten place,
In every heart that it's due to mend.
This northern city with headlights-eyes
Has turned us down in its nasty voice
And... brought together. We've paid the price
Of fate to fortune. We've made the choice.
Comments about Fate And Fortune by April Avalon
Poems About Grief
- 1. Fate And Fortune , April Avalon
- 2. Sympathies Dry , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 3. Grief , brandi reissig
- 4. Pleasure , Gautama Buddha
- 5. Not With These Eyes , John Freeman
- 6. Morning Dove , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 7. Can One Still Smile? , Rohit Sapra
- 8. Silent Language Of Grief , Seema Chowdhury
- 9. My Play Is Done , Swami Vivekananda
- 10. Alone In Grief, Alone In Thought, Alone , Emmanuel George Cefai
- 11. Between Grief And Nothing , gershon hepner
- 12. Oh That It Were Possible , Nero CaroZiv
- 13. A Tough Cookie , oskar hansen
- 14. Sonnet Cycle To M C After William Shakes.. , Jonathan ROBIN
- 15. Fruit Of The Spirit , Jean Mallette
- 16. Sorrow , Li Ch'ing Chao
- 17. Grief , Green Peace
- 18. Burden Of Grief , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 19. A Father's Thoughts , Edgar Albert Guest
- 20. Grief , Claire Abbott
- 21. Grief Promise Me To Leave ' Part 1 ' , Damn Angel
- 22. God Speaks To My Heart , Elizabeth Lindberg
- 23. The Sentence , Valmiki
- 24. Grief , Rani Turton
- 25. Ch 08 On Rules For Conduct In Life - Max.. , Saadi Shirazi
- 26. Walls Of Grief , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 27. Three Women , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 28. Scorpion , gajanan mishra
- 29. To Grief , dr. ram sharma
- 30. Grief , Ray Lucero
- 31. Grief , Aida Santos
- 32. Irish Love Song , Margaret Widdemer
- 33. Laugh With The World But Weep Alone! , RAJ NANDY
- 34. Grief Has No Definition , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 35. Grief As An Island , RIC S. BASTASA
- 36. Dew Will Perish , Aftab Alam
- 37. Sift And Shift , RIC S. BASTASA
- 38. Threats To Keep A People In Grief , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 39. Words For Sergeant Dakota Meyer, Usmc – .. , Bill Grace
- 40. I Do Not Run Away From Gried..... , RIC S. BASTASA
- 41. How Great His Grief , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 42. Through The Lens Of Grief Song , Aldo Kraas
- 43. O! Grief! , RIC S. BASTASA
- 44. Till There Is The Sun, Shall Not Dew Per.. , Aftab Alam
- 45. Unknown Grief , Mark Wazzy
- 46. Evening Music , Martin TURNER
- 47. The Cup Of Grief , shirts williams
- 48. Knight Of Noble Sorrows , Mark Hunsdon
- 49. Sorrow's Throes , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 50. The Child , Dora Sigerson Shorter
New Grief Poems
- Grief, J Sheba Anandhi
- In A Burning Thunder, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Can One Still Smile?, Rohit Sapra
- Grief And Pains, Bireswar Halder
- To Unlock And To Knock Out, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Grief Management, Perveiz Ali
- Grief, ROCHISH MON
- T.V.Reddy’s Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Del Mar, For Lorca, Jone Guo
- Grief, Gbeti gaius Kafui
- carpe diem