Guitar Poems - Poems For Guitar
Poems about guitar. You can read the best guitar poems. Browse through all guitar poems.
My Wife's Only Rival - Poem by Juan Olivarez
I've stood bathed in the limelight,
Standing listening to the screams.
My guitar and I soared to the heights,
Yes I have lived my dreams.
Up on the stage Robert and I,
Drove all the teeny boppers wild.
While she tried to hide from my brown eyes,
So long ago my woman child.
All over we played, reached number one,
When most of you weren't even born.
And then one day it came undone,
And I was broken and forlorn.
The band broke up, I lost a girl,
One that I never could say was mine.
So I went back home to my little world,
Back with my people, my own kind.
My woman child awaited me,
And she took back this guitar man.
Yes I was back where I needed to be,
Away from the limelight and all my fans.
I never went back on the road,
She never let me leave again.
And she took from me my heavy load,
And gave me love to kill the pain.
It's been a long time forty years,
My woman child one rival had.
My son now has her, and I fight back tears,
When I see her framed above his bed.
For my son J.J. the best guitar player I ever made. I love you gordo.
10/09/10 Alton Texas
Comments about My Wife's Only Rival by Juan Olivarez
Poems About Guitar
- 1. My Wife's Only Rival , Juan Olivarez
- 2. The Changes In Her Life , RIC S. BASTASA
- 3. A Guitar At Two In The Morn , Juan Olivarez
- 4. Travel Haiku - Austin Live Music Capital.. , john tiong chunghoo
- 5. A Mere Infidel , Francis Duggan
- 6. Busker Joe , Francis Duggan
- 7. The Guitar Player , Gert Strydom
- 8. Sweet Nick , Frank Bana
- 9. A Man With A Guitar , Dejan Stojanovic
- 10. The Flick , oskar hansen
- 11. A Dobro At 2am , Joseph Narusiewicz
- 12. Where All It Started , Manonton Dalan
- 13. Those Few Weeks... , RIC S. BASTASA
- 14. Changing Directions , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 15. Surpassing Limits , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 16. Do Not Let The Music Stop , RIC S. BASTASA
- 17. Vs.6 If I Were A Hippie... , Mr. Nobody
- 18. I Took My Death Mask Off For You , Patrick White
- 19. Fingering Emotions , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 20. Strumming Feelings , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 21. Precious Moments , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 22. Strumming My Mind Guitar , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 23. Impeccable Timing , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 24. Playing Strings , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 25. Rhythmic Freedom , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 26. Bloodline ***** Lyric To My Bro And His .. , Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- 27. Under The Shining Light Of The Moon , RIC S. BASTASA
- 28. The Aristocratic Haiku , Robert Rorabeck
- 29. Funny Times With Rich , Christina Sunrise
- 30. Strumming The Guitar , Walterrean Salley
- 31. The Love For A Nephew , Bethany Maxwell
- 32. Crazy Dave , john mc cudden
- 33. My Guitar , Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- 34. My Guitar. , Majid Zubedi
- 35. Old Tattoo And Bleeding Guitar. , Chakshu Arora
- 36. Guitar Man , Dirk Kruger
- 37. A Guitar , Jacqueline AntwiDanso
- 38. A Country Western Singer's Earth Day Waltz , Norma Hass
- 39. Nightmares Can Get Quite Long , Dan Caliolio
- 40. This Ol' Guitar , Daniel Wittfoth
- 41. My Sad Guitar (In Iraq) , Philip Lore
- 42. Street Man With His Guitar , Michael Harlin
- 43. Lady Guitar , The winner The winner
- 44. The Folk Singer , Patrick O'Reilly
- 45. Guitar Man , Rosie McFadden
- 46. When Withered Leaves Fell On My Guitar... , Mukesh Parmar
- 47. Early Jazz-Mural , Alex Roth
- 48. Silver , Silver Scribe
- 49. And Everyone Is Played , Jay Garcia
- 50. Limerick 036 , John Carter Brown
New Guitar Poems
- The Boy Who Lives Down The Hill. Part.Tw.., Paola Degli Esposti
- Lucille, John F. McCullagh
- The Man With The Blue Guitar, Wallace Stevens
- My Guitar, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- No Such Thing As Handicapped, louis rams
- Old Tattoo And Bleeding Guitar., Chakshu Arora
- The Tuneless Guitar, Esther.K. Suantak
- Guitar, Palas Kumar Ray
- When His Guitar Cries, Lora Colon
- My Guitar., Majid Zubedi
- carpe diem