History Poems - Poems For History
Poems about history. You can read the best history poems. Browse through all history poems.
DEFINING HISTORY *
History is neither for us nor against us;
It is a record of our accumulating past!
That past which we humans had once made,
And we can learn from our mistakes, it is often
A wit had once put things together, saying; -
'History dose not repeat itself, only historians
repeat each other! ! '
'Civilization is a movement and not a condition,
a voyage, not a harbour, ' said Arnold Toynbee;
'It has the right and the capacity to choose its destiny! '
But many others did not seem to agree!
The early Mayans said that History repeats itself in
every 260 cyclic years,
History is not cyclic said Tonybee, to allay our fears!
The Greek Plato had felt that History was rather cynical;
While Oswald Spengler the German, had similar
Spengler said that all things that grow, must mature,
decay and decline;
The Western Civilization was no exception of any
But Carrol Quigley, a scientist by training, could not
accept any of the above views!
And in his 'The Evolution of Civilisation ', he pays
History its dues!
Quigley attempts to create an acceptable synthesis,
Which the critics praised with positive comments!
Quigley advocated that systems come into being
adapted to their environment;
Which changes and evolves with a gradual motion,
While he has laid down the seven stages of this
And he concludes by declaring with some flourish,
That those civilizations which cannot adapt to such
Will one day perish!
- Raj Nandy
31 Aug 08
(* I tried to pay my tribute to three of our greatest Historians, -
being an old student of History. Spengler is unpopular in the
** Mixture, Gestation, Expansion, Age of Conflict, Universal Empire,
Decay and Invasion.) read more »
Events roll the tiles of time,
Time creates our history,
That wrapped in a magic veil and mystery,
Unfolds itself in all its immensity, read more »
303.Oman Country Of Liberal
Oman Country of Liberal
Ancestral history of glory
Historian in the heart of time
Across the seas and oceans read more »
Its fate Hardy.
I, the greatest admiral in History
The saviour of my beloved England.
Fated to sail with ignorant seamen read more »
305.A Relationship Defined In 5 Lines
From its conception in volcanic chaos
Sprouts magnificent spleandour
A creation as beautifull
As a golden beach carresed by perfect waves read more »
306.The Rose of England
'Twas a most solemn day
Of that most the world would say.
The Rose of England would pass
Her still form in a gun carriage alas. read more »
when time slows,
and i keep going,
i wish, read more »
309.Let Time Grow
Forgive an action in the moment
It needs time to fruit,
Like an idea planted in history read more »
It is green and translucent
Filled with mystery
It was enjoyed by the opulent
Throughout our history read more »
New History Poems
- Peace And Legends., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A History Of The Future, Darlene Walsh
- The history of earth I could not know it, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Warning from History, David Clinch
- Things that change, Emmanuel George Cefai
- History and geography, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Time In History, George Egba
- Sightseeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- History, Janina Degutyte
- Bekal, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- We Humans Are thrown ever, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Histories, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love’s weight, Niki Nicholas Nkuna
- History Would Relieve or Punish, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Farewell Mandela, Aron Lelei
- Little Benefits Make Big Benefits, Danladi Tauhid
- The History Ain't Bright..., Mark Grist
- Oh....Boring History, Samin Fatima
- Parade, Vera Sidhwa
- Business Of Life, Savita Tyagi
- The History Of Time, Life And The World, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Creating History, gajanan mishra
- The history boy, the mystery boy, Sunny Mittal
- Reminder not necessary, gajanan mishra
- History, gajanan mishra
- History Is A Story, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Athens Beckons!, Rekha Mandagere
- War Is Our Worlds History, Christian Cervantes
- History, Sachin Ketkar
- You Became My History, Zushan Hashmi
- Love: The History (Radha-35), Subrat Pradhan
- It's In The Water!, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- You are now history, Gaylord Munemo
- Our History, Marites C. Cayetano
- Multiple Choice, Morgan Michaels
- Tales of my past, venessa ambrose
- History, Tiana Webb
- History, Tiffany M. Davis
- Peace Messenger, ramesh rai
- A Pulitzer Prize, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- THE HISTORY OF TOMORROW, Adegbenro Adekunle
- God Offers Lasting Hope, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- That Which Plagues the History Bandits, Cheryl Jacob
- Ephraim and Manasseh, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Ireland, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Man In The Mirror..., Angel Diaz
- Humanity Always Rises From Slavery, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- St. Patrick, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Erin Go Bragh, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Three Kinds of People, David Aoloch Bion
- ~ His[s]tory ~, MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
- History and Nature As One, Nicole Henson
- History Stuff, Mark Fullick
- HISTORY, Edwina Reizer
- The Twelve Tribes of Israel, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- In The Garden, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- God Bless US, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- History, Veronica Gabor
- Southerndown South Wales No3, James Tipp
- napoleonic fable, gershon hepner
- History Maker, Henry Brown
- History Stones People., Samuel Katz
- Multicultural Melbourne, Katie Anne
- History, Naveed Akram
- History, richard belis
- Mr. protection, Beethovens laguerre
- The American Flag, Melissa Wagner
- Travel Haiku - Virginia Historic Garden .., john tiong chunghoo
- Stars Dont Know My Fate, Jessel Jane Tevar
- REPEATED, Dorian Melody
- history, Dorian Melody
- HISTORY, Isaac Armstrong Annor
- Ten Words Circularly, Alex Hamilton
- I Am Apart Of History, Jeanette Matthews
- carpe diem