The history we learn at school.
Is mostly untrue as a rule.
A rather biased point of view.
Recorded by the victors who, read more »
Do you know how the squirrel got its three stripes?
They helped Lord Rama build a bridge to Lanka
The lord was pleased and drew three stripes on its back read more »
My forebears carved rice terraces
from the foot of mountains
In the wooded apex, they plucked berries
Swapped stories of children’s betrothal read more »
328.At the Kapady beach in Kerala
Thought heralded a boatful of laughter
Checkered, courageous, fishermanly
In spray-powdered, sprinkle-diffused
Froth seething with salt and blue read more »
329.A Repeat of History
Today as I watched my sister leave
I saw another repeat of History
One of my greatest fears, coming true
Slowly tears fall, I wanna drown read more »
Many of the Castles built in Africa by the Europeans were,
Built for the purpose of their Slave Trade;
So, enter into each one of them in Africa to learn things for yourselves. read more »
If we had a history
Comparable to myth
Which would it be?
Apollo and the Nymph read more »
332.A BOWLER HAT AND SASH
Things were not always O.K.
In that small market town
Where Orangeism reigned
And Catholic Irish were second. read more »
“The buried glaciers make sense as preserved fragments from an ice age millions of years ago. On Earth, such buried glacial ice in Antarctica preserves the record of traces of ancient organisms and past climate history.'
-Their grandchildren, you mean, those ancient organisms,
They, the impersonality of pronouns read more »
334.We walk the past
From the dark wombs of your faithful thought oh! Dear Africa
From the white nations, the gods of black art and the creators of this bold scar
From the curses of rebuking the black origin, and walking the past to the years so far
From the dark minds confided with sorrows of age and that of shining black stars read more »
Blessed with charisma
Swearing in as president
Is Mr. Obama read more »
336.Word Weavers, Of The Past.
Word weavers of the past....
Classic poet's works, with time, does last.
History's corners are stood long, by poets, and every, skilled poet... read more »
New History Poems
- Rhino, Jonathan Walker
- Peace And Legends., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Rumination Reviewed, Ananta Madhavan
- The History Unknown, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Water and history, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rewriting History., Peter Vealey
- History writes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Surroundings-42, Indira Renganathan
- A History Of The Future, Darlene Walsh
- Creating History, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The history of earth I could not know it, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Images, Phil Soar
- Reinvest history, hasmukh amathalal
- My Path to Self-Discovery, Deborah Eker
- the rest is history(military rule in nig.., ademola oluwabusayo
- Trinty's Traverse, Eswar Anandan
- Histories, Their Stories, Rites Ghosh
- Progress of History, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- History, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Our History, Sandra Feldman
- Do Not Call Me A Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Seized the Moments, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Warning from History, David Clinch
- Things that change, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Vintage Postal Stamp, Doris Beaulieu
- History and geography, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Time In History, George Egba
- History, Suzy Kassem
- STOMP 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Simple Observation #175 - History is the.., George Krokos
- History, Aparna Chatterjee
- COPLA 77 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sightseeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- Portrait Of A Woman, Buxton Shippy
- Eternal life, Matt Ancient
- It Was First Kiss; Kissing You For The F.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Piteous eyes of history, Pijush Biswas
- My Heart Is In Ukraine, Bijay Kant Dubey
- History, Janina Degutyte
- Bekal, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Unseen Shadows, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Dear Mom, I'm Sorry, Hailey Stump
- Amid the Stars and Mystery, Michelle Claus
- Flight 93 Memorial (Haiku), Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Internet Leaves No Diary Past Styled Lives, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Witness for happenings, gajanan mishra
- We Humans Are thrown ever, Emmanuel George Cefai
- History has Frozen Over, Fatos Arapi
- History of Delhi Not The History of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Be Curious, Sandra Feldman
- Histories Muddied Waters, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- On this land, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The song of the free, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Riff on Dijuana's Giving Names, David McLansky
- Skeleton of Neruda, Dr Tapan Kumar Pradhan
- Moon's Age, gajanan mishra
- Irish President At Windsor Bound, Bernard Kennedy
- History, Kawa Karpo
- An Iron Will, A Rod Of Power,, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Current, Alex London
- Birds, C S Katulka
- Yesterday Was A Fresh Dig, JPS Sullivan
- Subtle Observations, JPS Sullivan
- Life-Beats!, Mrityunjay Jha
- Histories, Bijay Kant Dubey
- History, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Forgive, Dilantha Gunawardana
- O History Is At Present In The Grave., Emmanuel George Cefai
- Instinct, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Who Are We?, Ninette Gumanda
- Enough of Mere Men, James Ogunjimi
- The whizz pop chocolate shop! ! ! ! ! ! .., Aoife Bridges
- Quote # 1, Is It Poetry
- Black II, Adriane Hunt
Poems on / about :
- carpe diem