History Poems - Poems For History
Poems about history. You can read the best history poems. Browse through all history poems.
It's The Conquerors Who Write The History - Poem by Francis Duggan
As they chased the wild bison on horse back they whooped and cheered loud
And they were great hunters so noble and proud
But now on the prairies the bison are rare
And the people who hunted them no longer there.
Of the great Northern Land the first people till the invaders came
And their tragic dispossession is a thing of great shame
Conquered and put into reservations for to grow old and die
The rights of Indigenous people to them did not apply.
It's the conquerors who write history as we have been told
And men they have murdered for Land and for Gold
But what matters most when history we trace
That a Country's first people must take pride of place.
You great country singers with your golden guitars,
You politicians and tycoons and billionaire movie stars
There once was a people far greater than you
And to Mother Nature they were far more true.
And the workings of Nature they did understand
And they were the people who cared for the Land
And they were displaced and oppressed and down trod
By those who believed in a different God.
They once were great warriors, wise, noble and proud
And they gave us Chief Seattle and wise Chief White Cloud
And their profound words of wisdom still living today
And such things of great beauty will never decay.
The truth may seem bitter but the truth we must face
That a Country's first people should take pride of place
And around the World Indigenous people are not treated well
Though they have such marvellous stories to tell.
The conquerors write the history as conquerors do
But to the true history they never are true
And the conquered the history never will write
And we are conditioned to believe that might is always right.
The changes keep happening and nothing seem to last
And the great herds of bison a thing of the past
And those who once hunted them were locked away
And in reservations were forced for to stay.
Out on the lone prairie their ghosts still reside
At midnight the hunters their spotted horses ride
As they chase the wild bison across the great plain
The past in the moonlight comes to life again.
Comments about It's The Conquerors Who Write The History by Francis Duggan
Poems About History
- 101. It's The Conquerors Who Write The History , Francis Duggan
- 102. Tom Zart War Poems , Tom Zart
- 103. The History Of Time, Life And The World , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 104. My Path To Self-Discovery , Deborah Eker
- 105. The Twelve Tribes Of Israel , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 106. Multiple Choice , Morgan Michaels
- 107. Syria= War & Sacrifice = 2013 , Tom Zart
- 108. By Those Interested In War History , Francis Duggan
- 109. History , Tiana Webb
- 110. The History Of Earth I Could Not Know It , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 111. A Prose Piece As Poetry Eulogizing Dwigh.. , Bill Grace
- 112. The Pretty Games Inside Patos Orchard , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 113. Reminder Not Necessary , gajanan mishra
- 114. See Beyond , Alafe Ramat
- 115. History- A Myth , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 116. **the Story Of Byzantine Empire: Part- Ii , RAJ NANDY
- 117. Pastors , Edward Kofi Louis
- 118. Fundamentalist Nazi's , Joseph Narusiewicz
- 119. Kalinga's Beauty , MELVIN BANGGOLLAY
- 120. Nothing Ever Last , Francis Duggan
- 121. History Repeats Itself , Francis Duggan
- 122. Peace Messenger , ramesh rai
- 123. Khushwant Singh , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 124. God Offers Lasting Hope , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 125. Creating History , gajanan mishra
- 126. Israel's Right To Exist , Joseph Narusiewicz
- 127. History Is A Story , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 128. Montezuma's Anguish , gershon hepner
- 129. History Is Made Today , Edward Kofi Louis
- 130. Histories , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 131. History , Naveed Akram
- 132. Ephraim And Manasseh , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 133. Visit Malaysia Year Haiku - Malacca Riv.. , john tiong chunghoo
- 134. Oh....Boring History , Samin Fatima
- 135. True Love , neil derek singleton
- 136. Little Beauties , Alafe Ramat
- 137. Thunder Rumbled! ! , Siyabonga A Nxumalo
- 138. Smoked Salmon , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 139. Gaza's Triumph Is Everyone's , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 140. What Are These Days? , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 141. History Repeats Itself Again , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 142. Surroundings-42 , Indira Renganathan
- 143. Water And History , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 144. My Cloister , gershon hepner
- 145. Decoding History In Bed , gershon hepner
- 146. The Winners Write The History , Francis Duggan
- 147. Who's Buried In Cleopatra's Tomb? , gershon hepner
- 148. Travel Haiku - Japan Outdoor Sand Museum , john tiong chunghoo
- 149. Elias Saleh, The Great Man Of His Time , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 150. The Great Man Of His Time, Elias Saleh , MOHAMMAD SKATI
New History Poems
- Evidence Has..., Ananya Guha
- History, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- History, sanjay kumar maurya
- The Beloved Prophet Peace Be Upon Him, zaheer uddin
- **history Of Five Times Swalat**, SAKISABRE Saki
- This Nation, Lore Me34
- Actc: 2014/12: Contest Titles (2) .., Bri Edwards
- Black History Our History, THEODORE MOSLEY
- History And Geography, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Essays On Literature, alexander opicho
- carpe diem