Humor Poems - Poems For Humor
Poems about humor. You can read the best humor poems. Browse through all humor poems.
Heaven - Poem by Rupert Brooke
Fish (fly-replete, in depth of June,
Dawdling away their wat'ry noon)
Ponder deep wisdom, dark or clear,
Each secret fishy hope or fear.
Fish say, they have their Stream and Pond;
But is there anything Beyond?
This life cannot be All, they swear,
For how unpleasant, if it were!
One may not doubt that, somehow, Good
Shall come of Water and of Mud;
And, sure, the reverent eye must see
A Purpose in Liquidity.
We darkly know, by Faith we cry,
The future is not Wholly Dry.
Mud unto mud! -- Death eddies near --
Not here the appointed End, not here!
But somewhere, beyond Space and Time.
Is wetter water, slimier slime!
And there (they trust) there swimmeth One
Who swam ere rivers were begun,
Immense, of fishy form and mind,
Squamous, omnipotent, and kind;
And under that Almighty Fin,
The littlest fish may enter in.
Oh! never fly conceals a hook,
Fish say, in the Eternal Brook,
But more than mundane weeds are there,
And mud, celestially fair;
Fat caterpillars drift around,
And Paradisal grubs are found;
Unfading moths, immortal flies,
And the worm that never dies.
And in that Heaven of all their wish,
There shall be no more land, say fish.
Comments about Heaven by Rupert Brooke
Poems About Humor
- 51. Heaven , Rupert Brooke
- 52. A Boy Named Sue , Shel Silverstein
- 53. Detected , Ambrose Bierce
- 54. A Drinking Song , Sir George Etherege
- 55. How Rudeness And Kindness Were Justly Re.. , Guy Wetmore Carryl
- 56. My Mistress' Eyes Are Nothing Like The S.. , William Shakespeare
- 57. The Walrus And The Carpenter , Lewis Carroll
- 58. The Purple Cow: Suite , Gelett Burgess
- 59. The Pobble Who Has No Toes , Edward Lear
- 60. Messy Room , Shel Silverstein
- 61. The Yak , Hilaire Belloc
- 62. Humor , Yevgeny Yevtushenko
- 63. The Pangolin , Marianne Moore
- 64. A Sense Of Humor , Vachel Lindsay
- 65. ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! * Untold Grip .. , Dr subhendu kar
- 66. The Whole Mess... Almost , Gregory Corso
- 67. Our True Friendship , Pam Fraser
- 68. Sonnet Xix: You Cannot Love , Michael Drayton
- 69. An October Night (Halloween Poem) , Chuck Audette
- 70. A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The.. , Ted Sheridan
- 71. (..................14sept2) Portrait: .. , Max Reif
- 72. Recalled , Edwin Arlington Robinson
- 73. To A World-Reformer , Friedrich Schiller
- 74. New Book: Einstein, Religion, Politics A.. , Lonnie Hicks
- 75. Sonnet Xlii: Some Men There Be , Michael Drayton
- 76. Sonnet Vii: Love In A Humour , Michael Drayton
- 77. A Turtle Named George , Donna Nimmo
- 78. Growing Pains , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 79. Hero Stuff , Lonnie Hicks
- 80. Laughter , Sophia Borger
- 81. Jabed Meeker, Humorist , Ellis Parker Butler
- 82. To Theodore Roosevelt , John Hay
- 83. A Diamond In The Rough , Audrey Heller
- 84. Hide Away , Zach Stahle
- 85. Saxe , James McIntyre
- 86. The Appeal Of The Chorus , Aristophanes
- 87. Limericist (Limerick) , Kelly Kurt
- 88. With Very Wet Lips , Ted Sheridan
- 89. Twice , Cristina Geanta
- 90. A Farewell , Nikolay Alekseyevich Nekrasov
- 91. You Are Who You Are? , tamia wells
- 92. A Walmart Parking Lot , connie crane
- 93. These Tears I Cry , carly bachor
- 94. Naughty Words! , Ray Lucero
- 95. Love Is Everlasting , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 96. ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! *** Grip Of Sorrow **.. , Dr subhendu kar
- 97. God's Humor , Fred Babbin
- 98. *take A Hike* , DAKOTA AUSTIN
- 99. Someone Asked Me , veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- 100. Why? , AURORA BANNECKJ
New Humor Poems
- Incompetence Of Lies Xx Xxx Xx Im.., Lee Mack
- Incompetence Of Lies Xx Xxx Xx .., Lee Mack
- The Sense Of Humor, Juwon Daniel
- A Funny Drawback, Dmitry Garanin
- Her Humor, Bull Hawking
- Sense Of Humor Vs. Common Sense 10 Word, Beryl Dov the Smartass Rabbi
- Dr. L. - A Genuine Person, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Its Warmer Next To You, Hailey Stump
- Journey Of Humor, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Muse Who Can Amuse With A Muse, L.B. Strawn
- carpe diem