Husband Poems - Poems For Husband
Poems about husband. You can read the best husband poems. Browse through all husband poems.
13.Ode On The Death Of Her Husband, King Francis II
In my sad, quiet song,
A melancholy air,
I shall look deep and long
At loss beyond compare,
And with bitter tears,
I'll pass my best years.
Have the harsh fates ere now
Let such a grief be felt,
Has a more cruel blow
Been by Dame Fortune dealt
Than, O my heart and eyes!
I see where his bier lies?
In my springtime's gladness
And flower of my young heart,
I feel the deepest sadness
Of the most grievous hurt.
Nothing now my heart can fire
But regret and desire.
He who was my dearest
Already is my plight
The day that shone the clearest
For me is darkest night
There's nothing now so fine
That I need make it mine.
Deep in my eyes and heart
A portrait has its place
Which shows the world my hurt
In the pallor of my face.
Pale as when violets fade
True love's becoming shade.
In my unwonted pain
I can no more be still,
Rising time and again
To drive away my ill.
All things good and bad
Have lost the taste they had.
And thus I always stay
Whether in wood or meadow,
Whether at dawn of day
Or at the evening shadow.
My heart feels ceaselessly
Grief for his loss to me.
Sometimes in such a place
His image comes to me.
The sweet smile on his face
Up in a cloud I see.
Then sudden in the mere
I see his funeral bier.
When I lie quietly
Sleeping upon my couch,
I hear him speak to me
And I can feel his touch.
In my duties each day
He is near me alway.
Nothing seems fine to me
Unless he is therein.
My heart will not agree
Unless he is within.
I lack all perfection
In my cruel dejection
I shall cease my song now,
My sad lament shall end.
Whose burden aye shall show
True love can not pretend
And, though we are apart,
Grows no less in my heart. read more »
14.Prologue To Steele's Tender Husband
In the first rise and infancy of farce,
When fools were many, and when plays were scarce
The raw unpractis'd authors could, with ease, read more »
15.To My Husband on Our Wedding-Day
I leave for thee, beloved one,
The home and friends of youth,
Trusting my hopes, my happiness,
Unto thy love and truth; read more »
16.An Angry Young Husband Called Bicket
An angry young husband called Bicket
Said: 'Turn yourself round and I'll kick it read more »
17.Upon My Dear and Loving Husband his Going into England Jan. 16, 1661
O thou Most High who rulest all
And hear'st the prayers of thine,
O hearken, Lord, unto my suit
And my petition sign. read more »
My first I wed when just sixteen
And he was sixty-five.
He treated me like any queen
The years he was alive. read more »
19.To My Husband, On The Return Of Our Wedding Day
FOUR times the Sun has cross'd the Line,
Since Love and HYMEN made you mine:
Tho' we be lowly, poor, and mean,
We feel nor discontent nor spleen. read more »
20.To A Husband
This is to the crown and blessing of my life,
The much loved husband of a happy wife;
To him whose constant passion found the art
To win a stubborn and ungrateful heart, read more »
21.Wee Wee Husband
Wee wee husband,
Give me some money,
I have no comfits,
And I have no honey. read more »
22.The Perfect Husband
23.Epilogue to The Husband His Own Cuckold
Like some raw sophister that mounts the pulpit,
So trembles a young poet at a full pit.
Unused to crowds, the parson quakes for fear, read more »
24.A Wife Mourns For Her Husband
The dolichos grows and covers the thorn,
O'er the waste is the dragon-plant creeping.
The man of my heart is away and I mourn--
What home have I, ... read more »
New Husband Poems
- Al Siddique (The Truth), Mariam Abdelghani
- Apni Dehati Wife Ke Sang On The Eve of I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Villanelle: Trust no one even wife/husba.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- The Acrobat, Pat Raia
- Husband celebrates, hasmukh amathalal
- Let a wife, gajanan mishra
- will you still accept me as your husband?, Nikhil Parekh
- On her wedding day, gajanan mishra
- A pitiable creature, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Houseworks Are Tennis Games, Ferdinand L Quintos
- A Mothers Wish, Melissa Furey
- Just The Tattoo Telling The Name of The .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Ballgame and Grandfather, Seema joglekar
- 1.06.LIFE PARTNERS, SELLAMUTHU KANDASAMY
- Cause of great unhappiness, gajanan mishra
- Marriage, Lawanya Wijesekara
- Wife Gets Up Early Before The Husband Wa.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Histrionics of Kamala Das, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Wife Means Cheers, gajanan mishra
- Armaments which affect the health of a h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- That simple, Nassy Fesharaki
- Life Of Sacrifice, gajanan mishra
- Wife and husband, gajanan mishra
- I Am Proud Of My Husband!, Shaila Touchton
- Aunties Creases, steve stirk
- Unnecessary thoughts, Pratikshya Sedhain
- Mrs Oldham on the Slow Train and Before., Terry Collett
- A Wife's Love, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- What Mother Told Me, Olalekan Joseph Ajayi
- Togetherness Is Gone, Hasanudin Sofyan
- Mistake of Fact!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Be kind and courteous to the husband, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Husband, Aparna Chatterjee
- the real wife, mona joseph
- Atiogbe, Edward Kofi Louis
- Super Woman, Modupe Best
- LOLA AURELIA'S LOVE, naida supnet
- ' Reciprocal Relationship ', Marvin Brato Sr
- ' ICE Sally Being Nosy ', Ency Bearis
- Where Is She?, Seun Bewaji
- UNDER THE BLACK SKIES, Aldo Kraas
- CATH BACK PAIN, otteri selvakumar
- Merry Christmas To All Husbands, Chris Jibero
- Men would wander, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- .Summer., Bethany Williams
- The battle field, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Believer's Jointure : Chapter II., Ralph Erskine
- The Believer's Jointure : Chapter I., Ralph Erskine
- worse makes better, mark nwagwu
- The Wife Is Bound By The Law As Long As .., Mo...
- Strange but True, sarah hughes
- Where It Was At Back Then, Anne Sexton
- GOD MADE THE WOMEN, Aldo Kraas
- Husband Where Are You?, Ivy Saldana
- Dear Lord, new heart
- Her Sea Tale, Sandra Martyres
- I lament the so called liberty, akram saqib
- **Discourses LXV ‘Lesser relationships’, Sadiqullah Khan
- halku - 70, Maria Barbara Korynt
- My Husband., anju addanki
- # # a renewal of love - senryu, Samanyan Lakshminarayanan
- Infidelity, Godece Jasmine Rosal
- Acid Reflux Anyone, Joe Rosochacki
- bloody mess, Alicia Roseberry
- *Lady Beneath The Willow, Shelby Renee
- 'I ASKED GOD WHY', Rocio Batir
- Opaque, thank God!, Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
- A Honey-Do List (This is my attempt at a.., Victoria Dame
- Bronwyn, Francis Duggan
- Happiness: a Haiku, Jim Milks
- No Departing, Indira Renganathan
- The Seahorse, South Westerner
- Lecturer, Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
- Scared for life, Holly Somer
- carpe diem