Husband Poems - Poems For Husband
Poems about husband. You can read the best husband poems. Browse through all husband poems.
The Blue Bonnet - Poem by David Harris
In a dusty old shop
filled with yesterday's things
on a wall hangs a blue bonnet.
If you wish to enquire about it
the owner will gladly tell you
the tale that surrounds it.
The bonnet is not for sale,
nor is it unlucky.
However the maiden who wears it
under a full moon
will get a glimpse
of her husband to be.
The owner will loan it
to any maiden who wishes to try it,
but is warned of the curse
that she must never tell anyone
of what she has seen
or unfertile she will be.
Many have tried it
and only a few have said
who he may be
and were cursed to be
barren of children
for their entire life.
The tale started
over a hundred years ago
when a young maiden
was shunned by men
then she met an old gypsy
who gave her the bonnet.
The gypsy told her
to wear it in the moonlight
on the night of a full moon.
If she did she would
get a glimpse of her husband to be.
The gypsy also told her
never to tell his name
to anyone and beware.
If she mentioned his name
even in a whisper
they would have no heir born.
The maiden did as she was told
and under the full moon
the bonnet did reveal
whom she would marry.
She never revealed
his name to anyone.
Months later after they married
she told her husband of the bonnet,
but he just smiled
saying it was just a tale,
though they had three children
all of them were girls.
The gypsy eluded to tell her
that if she told her husband
no son would be born
to carry on his name
and so it came to be
that no one should ever know.
The owner then smiled,
you can believe me or not,
but my mother wore it
and never revealed it
until long after I was born
and only on her death bed.
You can borrow it if you wish,
but remember its curse
and tell it to no one
until like my mother did
when the door of heaven opens
and you are ready to be called.
6 September 2014
Comments about The Blue Bonnet by David Harris
Poems About Husband
- 51. The Blue Bonnet , David Harris
- 52. Wife And Husband , gajanan mishra
- 53. Seele Im Raum , Randall Jarrell
- 54. My Husband , Erica Francis
- 55. (672) Personal Overview-Living With.. , Melvina Germain
- 56. A Wife Beautifies Herself For Her Husban.. , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 57. The Tale Of The Trucker's Life , Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson
- 58. The Odyssey: Book 23 , Homer
- 59. On Her Wedding Day , gajanan mishra
- 60. The Cremona Violin , Amy Lowell
- 61. A Husband... , sarah holmes
- 62. ' Ice Sally Being Nosy ' , Ency Bearis
- 63. Chaucer's Tale Of Meliboeus , Geoffrey Chaucer
- 64. The Woman In The Short-Shorts. (A Very F.. , Michael Gale
- 65. The Husband And Wife , Bill Simmons
- 66. Zz Border Collies Dilemma Or Lessons Of .. , Mary Havran
- 67. The End Justifies The Means , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 68. A War Widow , Francis Duggan
- 69. I Am Proud Of My Husband! , Shaila Touchton
- 70. Midlife Crisis , gershon hepner
- 71. The First Surveyor , Banjo Paterson
- 72. The Husband Nods His Head Affirmatively! , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 73. Man Of Good Character , gajanan mishra
- 74. God's Best 86 Love Poems On The Web , Tom Zart
- 75. Plumbing (Or) The Taming Of The Spew , Stanley Cooper
- 76. Heather Wilson Sends Her Best Wishes , Valerie Dohren
- 77. Husband , Aparna Chatterjee
- 78. A Woman Beautifies Herself To Make Her H.. , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 79. Three Women , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 80. Short Story About Pain Not A Poem...(Thi.. , Kaila George
- 81. God Made The Women , Aldo Kraas
- 82. Message For The King (Tktwbh) ......An U.. , Bri Edwards
- 83. ' Reciprocal Relationship ' , Marvin Brato Sr
- 84. A Summary Of Bella Makes Life Eng 102 , Innocent Masina Nkhonyo
- 85. Wife Gets Up Early Before The Husband Wa.. , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 86. Don’t Try To Convince Me By Condescend W.. , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 87. Modern Love Xxv: You Like Not That Frenc.. , George Meredith
- 88. A Doe Eyed Bengali Beauty , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 89. The Goodness Of A Life-Mate (Section-6 .. , rajendran muthiah
- 90. Damages, Two Hundred Pounds , William Makepeace Thackeray
- 91. Just The Tattoo Telling The Name Of The .. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 92. A Wife's Love , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 93. Ceyx And Alcione V , Morgan Michaels
- 94. Cause Of Great Unhappiness , gajanan mishra
- 95. Husband Celebrates , hasmukh amathalal
- 96. Great Medicine This Sin , gershon hepner
- 97. Her First Tattoo , Pete Crowther
- 98. The Clever Wife , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 99. She Was A Great Woman - Coretta Scott King , Deidre Blair
- 100. Christmas Cheer , Thomas Tusser
New Husband Poems
- Tell Me A Story By Mai Venn, mai venn
- Tears Of A Widow, Preston Mwiinga
- What Should A Husband Do?, Nikhil Parekh
- Will You Still Accept Me As Your Husband?, Nikhil Parekh
- Unquotable Quotes - X, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Seven Lives (Humor), Savita Tyagi
- The Perfect Guy, Brittany Brown
- Book; Killing Of Love Chapter 1, Jerrell Frazier
- Ladies Night At The Amvets Hall, Donal Mahoney
- Cozy Was His Name, Donal Mahoney