Innocence Poems - Poems For Innocence
Poems about innocence. You can read the best innocence poems. Browse through all innocence poems.
1.Auguries of Innocence
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.
A Robin Red breast in a Cage
Puts all Heaven in a Rage.
A dove house fill'd with doves & Pigeons
Shudders Hell thro' all its regions.
A dog starv'd at his Master's Gate
Predicts the ruin of the State.
A Horse misus'd upon the Road
Calls to Heaven for Human blood.
Each outcry of the hunted Hare
A fibre from the Brain does tear.
A Skylark wounded in the wing,
A Cherubim does cease to sing.
The Game Cock clipp'd and arm'd for fight
Does the Rising Sun affright.
Every Wolf's & Lion's howl
Raises from Hell a Human Soul.
The wild deer, wand'ring here & there,
Keeps the Human Soul from Care.
The Lamb misus'd breeds public strife
And yet forgives the Butcher's Knife.
The Bat that flits at close of Eve
Has left the Brain that won't believe.
The Owl that calls upon the Night
Speaks the Unbeliever's fright.
He who shall hurt the little Wren
Shall never be belov'd by Men.
He who the Ox to wrath has mov'd
Shall never be by Woman lov'd.
The wanton Boy that kills the Fly
Shall feel the Spider's enmity.
He who torments the Chafer's sprite
Weaves a Bower in endless Night.
The Catterpillar on the Leaf
Repeats to thee thy Mother's grief.
Kill not the Moth nor Butterfly,
For the Last Judgement draweth nigh.
He who shall train the Horse to War
Shall never pass the Polar Bar.
The Beggar's Dog & Widow's Cat,
Feed them & thou wilt grow fat.
The Gnat that sings his Summer's song
Poison gets from Slander's tongue.
The poison of the Snake & Newt
Is the sweat of Envy's Foot.
The poison of the Honey Bee
Is the Artist's Jealousy.
The Prince's Robes & Beggars' Rags
Are Toadstools on the Miser's Bags.
A truth that's told with bad intent
Beats all the Lies you can invent.
It is right it should be so;
Man was made for Joy & Woe;
And when this we rightly know
Thro' the World we safely go.
Joy & Woe are woven fine,
A Clothing for the Soul divine;
Under every grief & pine
Runs a joy with silken twine.
The Babe is more than swadling Bands;
Throughout all these Human Lands
Tools were made, & born were hands,
Every Farmer Understands.
Every Tear from Every Eye
Becomes a Babe in Eternity.
This is caught by Females bright
And return'd to its own delight.
The Bleat, the Bark, Bellow & Roar
Are Waves that Beat on Heaven's Shore.
The Babe that weeps the Rod beneath
Writes Revenge in realms of death.
The Beggar's Rags, fluttering in Air,
Does to Rags the Heavens tear.
The Soldier arm'd with Sword & Gun,
Palsied strikes the Summer's Sun.
The poor Man's Farthing is worth more
Than all the Gold on Afric's Shore.
One Mite wrung from the Labrer's hands
Shall buy & sell the Miser's lands:
Or, if protected from on high,
Does that whole Nation sell & buy.
He who mocks the Infant's Faith
Shall be mock'd in Age & Death.
He who shall teach the Child to Doubt
The rotting Grave shall ne'er get out.
He who respects the Infant's faith
Triumph's over Hell & Death.
The Child's Toys & the Old Man's Reasons
Are the Fruits of the Two seasons.
The Questioner, who sits so sly,
Shall never know how to Reply.
He who replies to words of Doubt
Doth put the Light of Knowledge out.
The Strongest Poison ever known
Came from Caesar's Laurel Crown.
Nought can deform the Human Race
Like the Armour's iron brace.
When Gold & Gems adorn the Plow
To peaceful Arts shall Envy Bow.
A Riddle or the Cricket's Cry
Is to Doubt a fit Reply.
The Emmet's Inch & Eagle's Mile
Make Lame Philosophy to smile.
He who Doubts from what he sees
Will ne'er believe, do what you Please.
If the Sun & Moon should doubt
They'd immediately Go out.
To be in a Passion you Good may do,
But no Good if a Passion is in you.
The Whore & Gambler, by the State
Licenc'd, build that Nation's Fate.
The Harlot's cry from Street to Street
Shall weave Old England's winding Sheet.
The Winner's Shout, the Loser's Curse,
Dance before dead England's Hearse.
Every Night & every Morn
Some to Misery are Born.
Every Morn & every Night
Some are Born to sweet Delight.
Some ar Born to sweet Delight,
Some are born to Endless Night.
We are led to Believe a Lie
When we see not Thro' the Eye
Which was Born in a Night to Perish in a Night
When the Soul Slept in Beams of Light.
God Appears & God is Light
To those poor Souls who dwell in the Night,
But does a Human Form Display
To those who Dwell in Realms of day. read more »
The height of wisdom seems to me
That of a child;
So let my ageing vision be
Serene and mild. read more »
3.Holy Thursday (Innocence)
Twas on a Holy Thursday their innocent faces clean
The children walking two & two in red & blue & green
Grey headed beadles walked before with wands as white as snow
Till into the high dome of Pauls they like Thames waters flow read more »
4.Nurse's Song (Innocence)
When voices of children are heard on the green
And laughing is heard on the hill,
My heart is at rest within my breast
And everything else is still read more »
Sleep, little Baby, sleep,
The holy Angels love thee,
And guard thy bed, and keep
A blessed watch above thee. read more »
They laughed at one I loved-
The triangular hill that hung
Under the Big Forth. They said
That I was bounded by the whitethorn hedges read more »
7.Reeds of Innocence
Piping down the valleys wild,
Piping songs of pleasant glee,
On a cloud I saw a child,
And he laughing said to me: read more »
But that which most I wonder at, which most
I did esteem my bliss, which most I boast,
And ever shall enjoy, is that within
I felt no stain, nor spot of sin. read more »
How sweet is the shepherd's sweet lot!
From the morn to the evening he strays;
He shall follow his sheep all the day,
And his tongue shall be filled with praise. read more »
10.Death of an Innocent
I went to a party, Mom,
I remembered what you said.
You told me not to drink, Mom, read more »
Such innocent companionship
Is hers, whether she wake or sleep,
'Tis scarcely strange her face should wear
The young child's grave and innocent air. read more »
12.A Prayer For My Daughter
ONCE more the storm is howling, and half hid
Under this cradle-hood and coverlid
My child sleeps on. There is no obstacle
But Gregory's wood and one bare hill
Whereby the haystack- and roof-levelling wind. read more »
New Innocence Poems
- Innocence, Akhtar Jawad
- Loss of Innocence, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Innocence Lost, Janine Louw
- Innocence of children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Little Budding Stars, C. P. Sharma
- MUM, Isaac Maliya
- Evil, Innocence and Human, Lonnie Hicks
- Dreamy Mystic Romantic Teenage Girl, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- Innocence Maintains Mystery Smiles, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- Winter (Haiku), Mihaela Pirjol
- Wither Not..., Sheri Brown
- Share Extraordinary Vision Gentle Innoce.., Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- Innocent Imaginations Seeds, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- Innocence, Lonnie Hicks
- Innocence lost, Philo Yan
- On That Day, Charles Whittaker
- Power Power!, Flencirose Basera
- Innocence... (A Pop Song Lyric), MoonBee Canady
- The Province Of Babes, Varghese J Kuttikat
- Invasion, Heart Of Ink
- Creep, Lucifera Santez
- The Hate You Have Seen, Brandon M. Moore
- A Blank Book, Philo Yan
- The virginity, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Child(haiku), Arnab Roy
- A Kiss, Elena Plotkin
- Memory, Sachin Kumar
- The Day American Innocence Died, James Casey
- You Do This Most Of The Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A cinquain- 'Flower', Parul Rastogi
- Innocence Taken, Kiara Davar
- A Light In The Darkness, Darin Leon Erickson
- Little Pieces of Innocence, Richard Netherland Cook
- Tears Of The Innocences, Sirajali Kalima
- Blooming Innocence! ! !, lalitha iyer
- Energy, Miroslava Odalovic
- Tall Pines (the last seconds of a hung), Katerina Val
- Birthday, Marvin Brato Sr
- Laps of innocence, Miroslava Odalovic
- Of Dreams and Ambitions, Owen Johnston
- Innocence, Curse Hoshigaki
- Innocence Cruelly Drowned, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- The Benefit Of This Is Missed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Innocence Matter: Restoration Perfection, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Innocence Is Affirmation Verification Of.., Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Innocence Inspires Paradise Harmonies, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Innocence Is A Harmonic Restoration Seed, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Innocence, Death's Shadow
- morbidity, Jason Luneau
- MY INNOCENCE KILLED ME, Courtney Steele
- A Nightmare Revealed, Eva L. Shaw
- Just to Show the Kids Today What Innocen.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Guilty By Experience, Shaquita Bunch
- Innocence, Yolanda Mbatha
- Your Innocence, Naveed Akram
- WHY KILL INNOCENCE?, Angira Chakraborty
- The Night Has Its Innocence, Shalom Freedman
- innocence gone, graham russell
- I Miss The Road, Narender Singh Bansal
- GIRL, Eve Anderson
- Innocence’s Arrival, Alfred Ramos
- Innocence, Shay Mitchell
- Haiku@26, Mittur Ramprasad
- Child of Innocence, Taher Shemaly
- Auguries of Innocence after William Blak.., Jonathan ROBIN
- Missing you (Haiku), Cena Rose
- Falling In, Kreshnik musa
- Memories Of Lost Youth, Francis Duggan
- Innocence never dies, C. P. Sharma
- Innocence, katey farmer
- The innocence of War, MeganOlivia Maxwell
- Loss of Innocence, Casey Stewart
- When Children Lose Their Innocence, Francis Duggan
- . Walking Wounded, Mary Havran
- carpe diem