June Poems - Poems For June
Poems about june. You can read the best june poems. Browse through all june poems.
The Book Tree Forest - Poem by mary douglas
well, this is to Ray Bradbury again, and I just can't do anything about that
imagine a forest of book-trees.
you just go through the woods humming whatever it is
you were humming and you pick them like wild apples
and no one says anything.
and the book trees are happy and don't
grab you around the knees like those horrible trees in
The Wizard of Oz; in fact, they lop off the books on
their top branches so you can read them, too, especially
if, like me, you are shorter than the others and used to
never get to the Easter eggs on the Easter egg hunt
because you day-dreamed instead of shoving.
well, as I was saying. you are in the book forest and
it's a perfect day. and picnics are automatically spreading themselves under the book trees, especially ice cream and that pink cake you always admired in the old Mickey Mouse cartoons; you thought it might even
taste pure 'pink'.
you sit down and eat your cake and the wind shakes the tree above you and down drops the latest installment of ray bradbury's new book he's been working on since June of 2012 when he passed away and it's fantastic, so you keep reading
and Ray shows up with his wife Margie and they're both so beatific you can't believe it but you do because it's happening to you and they invite you
into their cherry coloured sleigh for a trip to Mars
(just for the evening) and you realize, all of a sudden you're right in the middle of the happiest
alien abduction story of all time!
mary angela douglas 24 june 2014
P.S. where he lives now, Ray has a whole extra block of houses for his story file ideas. And a new typewriter with flashing Christmas Tree lights that looks like a cathedral organ. Really! (And when it gets to the margin, the typewriter bell goes off like a combo bicycle-ice cream truck bell and that detail proves I was really there.)
And Ray said, not to forget to tell you: Mars tastes exactly like deep-dish cherry pie with a thin buttery crust. Just a minute, I brought some back for you, if I can just remember what I did with it. Uh oh. Crumbs...
Comments about The Book Tree Forest by mary douglas
Poems About June
- 1. The Book Tree Forest , mary douglas
- 2. Dry Lands In June , Mark Nyamekye Boadi
- 3. One By One , Alejandro Torres
- 4. The Day In June , Tekkoo Heinrich
- 5. June , Vinz Poetry
- 6. I'M Going On A Diet , Joy Thacker
- 7. Child Labour , Geetima Baruah Sarma
- 8. Please Mr. Sandbar , Harlan Lovestone
- 9. Simon , Phant0m sep
- 10. Martin , Andy Salisbury
- 11. Butter In The Sky , A Poet Who Loves To Sing ... ..
- 12. A Tire Swing Outside Of Old St Jo , Blue Dragonfly
- 13. Like My Friend , Wyn Cooper
- 14. Summer Storm* , Donna Ialongo
- 15. June Become December , Gerry Leopard
- 16. I Remember Those Years , Bishop Reverend Doctor Susan ..
- 17. Save This Month , Gerry Legister
- 18. Multiverse Per Verse , Thomas Holderfield
- 19. Even Late In The Day It Was Comforting T.. , mary douglas
- 20. The Rocking Chair , Max D. Hornbogen
- 21. What Is This? , robert smithmanor
- 22. My Love , mjj johnson
- 23. Alley , Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- 24. Poem 031, Sonnet 12: Je-June? , Samer Madbak
- 25. June , Virna Sheard
- 26. The June I Know , Stanley Oguh
- 27. Text Notes: For Vocations (Unedited/Unse.. , rose flores rosevoc2
- 28. I Wanna Love Like Johnny And June: , Sherry Painter
- 29. Melodie's Birthday Is Today , Sue Chevalier
- 30. Indian Summer , Charles Hanson Towne
- 31. For Love Of You My Lute Was Strung , Dollie Radford
- 32. June , Dollie Radford
- 33. June , Albert Laighton
- 34. The Way , JDC LeDrew
- 35. Lost Heart.12.7.10 , Roy William Gotaas
- 36. You Choose , A Poet Who Loves To Sing ... ..
- 37. Little Bird Haiku , Pilar (Pia) Mogollon
- 38. Pursuing My Passion , Christian Rios
- 39. Flickers , Elizabeth Sheaffer
- 40. I Will Cry (For You) , Max D. Hornbogen
- 41. Sleepless Nights , Richard Stamper
- 42. Out Of Words Haiku (Senryu) , Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- 43. Nature , shalimar mageswary
- 44. Butterfly - Haiku , Don Pearson
- 45. 17 Forever , carmen cook
- 46. Corn , Jimi Doyle
- 47. Catching Sleep , Mariah Smith
- 48. This Isn’t About Writing , Ayan Dasgupta
- 49. Life Begins , James Callos Jordan
- 50. Living Life , James Callos Jordan
New June Poems
- Still My June Moon, Casey Gochnour
- June, Kaity Desrosiers
- Dark Storm Of June, Lilly Emery
- Haiku For June..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- ` June...June...June...June..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Midwinter., michael walker
- Secrecy News, michael walkerjohn
- The Lanes Of Apple Bloom, Edgar Albert Guest
- Snows, Emmanuel George Cefai
- June, Edgar Albert Guest
- carpe diem