Justice Poems - Poems For Justice
Poems about justice. You can read the best justice poems. Browse through all justice poems.
Arrow! - Poem by Denis Martindale
He sought the justice meant to be,
His city to redeem,
As he played the vigilante,
His nightmare yet his dream...
At first, alone, a tortured soul,
With body scars to match,
Yet striving to maintain control,
Those criminals to catch...
Don't think that he first played it well,
Revenge burned in his heart,
He travelled Heaven, Earth and Hell,
His message to impart...
But soon some allies joined his side,
With all their skills employed,
Close friends who helped this man decide
His errors to avoid...
While others thought his life was fun,
A playboy on the make,
The city shook with all he'd done,
Fear stirred his foes to quake,
His love affairs were here then gone,
Like whispers on the wind,
Like silver stars that sometimes shone,
Their starlight to rescind...
The island where he used to live
Was steeped in hate and death,
With enemies that won't forgive,
But fight with every breath...
Surviving all, this man became
A hero known to most,
Though very few found out his name
To cause this man to boast...
In time, he even trained the Flash,
The fastest man alive,
So very young, so very rash
And yet he seemed to thrive...
Then other heroes joined these, too,
Their cities to make safe,
For folks like me, for folks like you,
Such heroes must be brave...
As long as justice proves the prize
And teamwork leads the way,
Each hero wears his own disguise
Upto this very day...
So train and learn! Suit up and fight!
In ways beyond our ken...
By brightest day, by darkest night,
Save souls and lives again!
Denis Martindale, copyright September 2015.
The poem is based on the comic book hero
called The Arrow, whose story has become a
TV series alongside that of The Flash...
Together, the two heroes fight crime in the
name of justice, soon to be members of the
famous Justice League of America...
Comments about Arrow! by Denis Martindale
Poems About Justice
- 251. Arrow! , Denis Martindale
- 252. Bob Justice , Francis Duggan
- 253. Anarchy Of Dreams , gershon hepner
- 254. Sorrow ***** Prisoner Of The Flesh , Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- 255. Heavy Handed Justice , Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- 256. Mercy And Justice , Edward Kofi Louis
- 257. Picking Right Side , gajanan mishra
- 258. Justice Is There At Last , gajanan mishra
- 259. Crime And Punishment , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 260. Some People Are Unfair And Unjust , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 261. What Is Truth What Is Justice , gajanan mishra
- 262. You Know I Know , gajanan mishra
- 263. It Is I , gajanan mishra
- 264. Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied , S.D. TIWARI
- 265. Justice Be My Hero , celia hinojosa
- 266. A Shrill Cry For Justice! , Umasree Raghunath
- 267. Ang Paboritong Libro Ni Hudas - Bob Ong .. , opium lestre
- 268. This England , Trevor Jenkins
- 269. The Believer's Riddle; Or, The Mystery O.. , Ralph Erskine
- 270. The Fair Sisters Of Law , Yen Cress
- 271. All Lives Matter - Because- We Can'T Tru.. , Elizabeth Torres
- 272. Twist Of Fate , zeinab Alwady
- 273. Hungry For Justice? , bonifacio alba
- 274. Equal Justice , octavia wilson
- 275. Life Takes A Full Turn! ! ! , Neeharika Sharma
- 276. Worth A Shot , Rose Falcone
- 277. Poetic Justice- Virtue Over Vice , Kim van Breda
- 278. Women To Men , Charlotte Perkins Stetson Gi ..
- 279. Justice , Ershad Mazumder
- 280. My Pledge Of Allegiance , Taunya Benns
- 281. Straight Jackets And Straight Razors , Gee Suead
- 282. The Common Man's Role , rohan bendre
- 283. On A Group Of Justice And Charity , Bessie Rayner Parkes
- 284. The Believer's Espousals : Chapter I. , Ralph Erskine
- 285. Moral Evil No Accident , Thomas Odiorne
- 286. The Great Three , rohan bendre
- 287. Martin Luther King Jr. , LIGHTCHEERFUL BRIGGS
- 288. Racism Shouldn'T Be A Problem , Rununah S...
- 289. A Description Of Justice , Giles Fletcher The Younger
- 290. I Will Awaken The Dawn , Frank McEleny
- 291. Outcry And Revolt , Shalyn Stachmus
- 292. Listen For The Bells (Revised) , Mary Naylor
- 293. Justice A Bud , TADASHA TRIPATHY
- 294. The Believer's Espousals : Chapter Vi. , Ralph Erskine
- 295. When Justice Looks An Aged Bride , Aniruddha Pathak
- 296. I Have A Dream - Revisited - Martin Luth.. , Daniel Partlow
- 297. Cost Of Justice , murendeni mulaudzi
- 298. Poetic Justice - My Country Tis Of Me , Carol Toebe Whiting
- 299. Hymn To The Fallen , Michael Liu
- 300. To Love Again? , Iquo Umoh
New Justice Poems
- American Promise Of Social And Economic .., Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- Just Doing Justice, Andy Brookes
- Two Parallel Lines, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Justice Is A Must Anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Justice Is A Must, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- That Ugly Injustice, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Crocodile's Plight, rohan bendre
- The Uniform Of Justice (Black Lives Dont.., THEODORE MOSLEY
- Mob Justice In South Africa, Kenneth Maswabi
- There Must Be A Justice, Emmanuel George Cefai
- carpe diem