Limerick Poems - Poems For Limerick
Poems about limerick. You can read the best limerick poems. Browse through all limerick poems.
Poet - Poem by Don Pearson
(For Annabel Jones)
“She lies, arms enfolding her head,
Bewildered, half-dressed on the bed.
In a void that feels vast,
Eclipsed by the past,
All dreams of a future seem dead.”
You see the problem?
What sort of person
would even think about
writing a serious limerick?
All that emotion, the hopelessness,
the suffering, the pain.
I find writing poetry problematic.
It was Erato’s idea.
She is my Media Image Consultant,
just out of university,
very good at what she does,
hot as a Habanero chilli
and able to move in straight away.
Now I keep a writer
locked away at the extremity
of one of the corridors less travelled.
He is well looked after:
provided with candles.
I even introduced him to Erato
so that he could fall in love
and then be heartbroken
when I took her away.
It is win-win.
He is as happy as a dead seagull
and very productive.
I don’t need to write at all,
so I can concentrate on
BEING A POET.
Erato also introduced me to the poets’ toolkit, the 6 Ds: -
deranged, distracted, dishevelled, drunk, drugged and dead.
In various combinations,
they have been adopted with success,
by many poets.
I decided to concentrate on the first five.
I find it easy to appear
to be deranged,
happily muttering to myself
in a voice carefully modulated
to allow others to hear me.
I am told that my distracted look
is first class,
just right to convey the impression
that my mind is on higher things.
Erato buys my clothes
exclusively from charity shops
and my hair is expensively cut to look unkempt.
She supervises my intake of whisky
and opium before my appearances
so that each audience
can experience that frisson
that I will go ungentle on that good night
and BE OUTRAGEOUS (or die.)
They love it.
Being a poet is straightforward.
It was only the writing that was difficult.
6th April 2013
Comments about Poet by Don Pearson
Poems About Limerick
- 451. Poet , Don Pearson
- 452. Secretly Thinking Of You , Hunter FitzGerald
- 453. Temptation Lust! My Fallen Angel , Leaking Pen
- 454. Silver Winter , Russell Crow
- 455. My Kind Of Poet , EBOM TOBE CHURCHILL
- 456. Glorious Aspirations , Paul Amrod
- 457. Never Looking Backward , Paul Amrod
- 458. Clare's Dragoons , Thomas Osborne Davis
- 459. Wordy Rain , Russell Crow
- 460. At Nature's Crest , Paul Amrod
- 461. Fingers Resting On The Moon , Dante Pellegrino
- 462. Cynic With Love , Vanessa Kingsley
- 463. Love Poetry Is Dead , Rinzu Rajan
- 464. Little Jay Carney And Friends , cheryl davis miller
- 465. Away From Home , alexander opicho
- 466. Hungry Kid , Arunesh Dixit
- 467. Limerick Crochetés: Once Angela Signed P.. , T (no first name) Wignesan
- 468. I Left Apart , Taher Shemaly
- 469. With A Celtic Scarf Around My Neck , Daniel McDonagh
- 470. Don'T Write Poems Without It , Bob and Alex Eichen
- 471. Lousy Limerick , Jay Porter
- 472. Font Color=darkvioletlimerick * , Jane Meyer
- 473. Many Poets Write Of Love While Others Cu.. , Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- 474. A Limerick To Drummer 'Ricks' , Harindhar Reddy
- 475. Limerick , Amber Peterson
- 476. My 80% Great Limerick , Jim Franckum
- 477. Limerick: Once A Woman-Cleanser In Malawi , T (no first name) Wignesan
- 478. My Prince , Saddam Husen
- 479. Are Emos Monopolising The Muse? , Dan Reynolds
- 480. What Are All These , Janine Alyssa Navarro
- 481. Map'H'12 , O. C. Woods
- 482. Three Limericks, Part 3 , Comfort Ndlovu
- 483. Words That Move , Mario Valdes
- 484. If You Could Feel My Words , susan brealey
- 485. Pham , Ebi Robert
- 486. The Poetry Club , David Williams
- 487. Boot Polish, Ego Maalish1 , Aniruddha Pathak
- 488. Limerick Crochetés: Our Great Uhr-Father.. , T (no first name) Wignesan
- 489. Limerick Crochetés: Once Warrior Fifteen.. , T (no first name) Wignesan
- 490. Rhymester , Ananta Madhavan
- 491. Limerick Crochetés: Once Japanese Robot .. , T (no first name) Wignesan
- 492. Must You Mileage Chalk Up In Free Verse .. , T (no first name) Wignesan
- 493. The Poem , Nestor David Armas
- 494. Time Cannot Tell , jonathan Juarez
- 495. 'There Are Times When One Must Play The .. , Warren Falcon
- 496. Limerick: An Invasion By The Maimed, Tam.. , T (no first name) Wignesan
- 497. There Once Was An Oriental Man Named Won.. , Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- 498. I'm A Stickler When It Comes To Serving .. , Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- 499. Limerick: She Blew Topless On Sea Anne A.. , T (no first name) Wignesan
- 500. Limerick: A Hundred Years Ago, Nay, Fifty , T (no first name) Wignesan
New Limerick Poems
- (senryu) Day Before Christmas, WES Vogler
- (haiku) Haiku Sad Apple, WES Vogler
- (limerick) What Part Would That Be?, WES Vogler
- Lousy Limerick, Jay Porter
- Many Poets Write Of Love While Others Cu.., Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- Limerick R9 / Stop Writing Limericks/ Hi.., Rajnish Manga
- Limerick R6 (Hindi) ईमरिक का लिमरिक, Rajnish Manga
- Limerick-30, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Limerick-29, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Limerick-28, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- carpe diem