London Poems - Poems For London
Poems about london. You can read the best london poems. Browse through all london poems.
The Organ-Boy’s Appeal - Poem by William Makepeace Thackeray
O SIGNOR BRODERIP, you are a wickid ole man,
You wexis us little horgin-boys whenever you can:
How dare you talk of Justice, and go for to seek
To pussicute us horgin-boys, you senguinary Beek?
Though you set in Vestminster surrounded by your crushers,
Harrogint and habsolute like the Hortocrat of hall the Rushers,
Yet there is a better vurld I'd have you for to know,
Likewise a place vere the henimies of horgin-boys will go.
O you vickid HEROD without any pity!
London vithout horgin-boys vood be a dismal city.
Sweet SAINT CICILY who first taught horgin-pipes to blow,
Soften the heart of this Magistrit that haggerywates us so!
Good Italian gentlemen, fatherly and kind,
Brings us over to London here our horgins for to grind;
Sends us out vith little vite mice and guinea-pigs also
A popping of the Veasel and a Jumpin of JIM CROW.
And as us young horgin-boys is grateful in our turn
We gives to these kind gentlemen hall the money we earn,
Because that they vood vop up as wery wel we know
Unless we brought our hurnings back to them as loves us so.
O MR. BRODERIP! wery much I'm surprise,
Ven you take your valks abroad where can be your eyes?
If a Beak had a heart then you'd compryend
Us pore little horgin-boys was the poor man's friend.
Don't you see the shildren in the droring-rooms
Clapping of their little ands when they year our toons?
On their mothers' bussums don't you see the babbies crow
And down to us dear horgin-boys lots of apence throw?
Don't you see the ousemaids (pooty POLLIES and MARIES),
Ven ve bring our urdigurdis, smiling from the hairies?
Then they come out vith a slice o' cole puddn or a bit o' bacon or so
And give it us young horgin-boys for lunch afore we go.
Have you ever seen the Hirish children sport
When our velcome music-box brings sunshine in the Court?
To these little paupers who can never pay
Surely all good horgin-boys, for GOD'S love, will play.
Has for those proud gentlemen, like a serting B—k
(Vich I von't be pussonal and therefore vil not speak),
That flings their parler-vinders hup von ve begin to play
And cusses us and swears at us in such a wiolent way,
Instedd of their abewsing and calling hout Poleece
Let em send out JOHN to us vith six-pence or a shillin apiece.
Then like good young horgin-boys avay from there we'll go,
Blessing sweet SAINT CICILY that taught our pipes to blow.
Comments about The Organ-Boy’s Appeal by William Makepeace Thackeray
Poems About London
- 1. The Organ-Boy’s Appeal , William Makepeace Thackeray
- 2. Striking , Charles Stuart Calverley
- 3. Lines On A.B , James McIntyre
- 4. The Black Bordered Letter , Henry Lawson
- 5. As I Walked Through London , Robert Laurence Binyon
- 6. The London 'Bobby' , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 7. Expenses , Adelaide Crapsey
- 8. The Orange-Peel In The Gutter , Mathilde Blind
- 9. Cc Diana , Love love love Rachel Ann Bu ..
- 10. The Sergeant's Song , Thomas Hardy
- 11. Thames! Beautiful Thames! , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 12. 1966 (A Monologue) , David Barlow
- 13. 2010/06/22 Angels , Margaret Alice
- 14. To James Boswell In London , Erica Jong
- 15. Famous People - 1 , Ben Gieske
- 16. The Imported Servant , Henry Lawson
- 17. Michael Jackson Tribute Haiku , john tiong chunghoo
- 18. The Task: Book I. -- The Sofa , William Cowper
- 19. London Bridge , Neela Nath
- 20. Ralph Isham,1753 And Later , Eli Siegel
- 21. Great Fire Of London , Colin Ian Jeffery
- 22. Jigsaw , Winsy Tink
- 23. Hot Afternoons Have Been In Montana , Eli Siegel
- 24. The Pomp And Parade Vibrates Old London .. , Ken e Hall
- 25. London , Ruth Walters
- 26. Kingsley Place (Personal History, Of No .. , Frank Bana
- 27. April Midnight? , Arthur Symons
- 28. London Fog , Joseph Narusiewicz
- 29. Round And Round The London Underground , Sylvia Chidi
- 30. Christmas , John Knight
- 31. The Rhyme Of The Remittance Man , Robert William Service
- 32. The Burden Of Nineveh , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 33. London Bridge , Edwina Reizer
- 34. London Town , jor leou
- 35. The Elgin Marbles , Adelaide Crapsey
- 36. To My Brothers , Norman Rowland Gale
- 37. London Nights , Ruth Walters
- 38. London Bride Is Falling Down Like Me , Amy Louise Kerswell
- 39. My Heart Is As Big As A London Bus (A Po.. , Leslie Philibert
- 40. Where I'M From... , Alyssa Jenkins
- 41. London Streets , Aparna Chatterjee
- 42. Moon Shining Over The London Bridge , Aldo Kraas
- 43. Sir Christopher Wren 1632-1723 , Joyce Hemsley
- 44. The Beloved Prophet Peace Be Upon Him , zaheer uddin
- 45. The City Of London , Ruth Walters
- 46. Britanica Hymn , Aldo Kraas
- 47. Photo Of Schoolboys , Michael Pruchnicki
- 48. The Ballad Of Rose O Shea , Francis Duggan
- 49. Tanka - London Blasts , john tiong chunghoo
- 50. Travel Haiku - New York City Central Park , john tiong chunghoo
New London Poems
- London, Jerome Chukwuemeka
- The Beloved Prophet Peace Be Upon Him, zaheer uddin
- The Five Carlins: An Election Ballad, Robert Burns
- London Skies, G. Akanji Olaniyi
- I Am A Professor, A Univeristy Professor.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Call To London, Radclyffe Hall
- London Pride, John Rickell
- Nonsense Droppings, Radhamani Sarma
- Two Lovers In London, Mark (Owen) Williams
- Lights! Madiba! Action!, Iulian Anton Brudiu
- carpe diem