Loss Poems - Poems For Loss
Poems about loss. You can read the best loss poems. Browse through all loss poems.
For Grief - Poem by John O'Donohue
When you lose someone you love,
Your life becomes strange,
The ground beneath you becomes fragile,
Your thoughts make your eyes unsure;
And some dead echo drags your voice down
Where words have no confidence
Your heart has grown heavy with loss;
And though this loss has wounded others too,
No one knows what has been taken from you
When the silence of absence deepens.
Flickers of guilt kindle regret
For all that was left unsaid or undone.
There are days when you wake up happy;
Again inside the fullness of life,
Until the moment breaks
And you are thrown back
Onto the black tide of loss.
Days when you have your heart back,
You are able to function well
Until in the middle of work or encounter,
Suddenly with no warning,
You are ambushed by grief.
It becomes hard to trust yourself.
All you can depend on now is that
Sorrow will remain faithful to itself.
More than you, it knows its way
And will find the right time
To pull and pull the rope of grief
Until that coiled hill of tears
Has reduced to its last drop.
Gradually, you will learn acquaintance
With the invisible form of your departed;
And when the work of grief is done,
The wound of loss will heal
And you will have learned
To wean your eyes
From that gap in the air
And be able to enter the hearth
In your soul where your loved one
Has awaited your return
All the time.
Comments about For Grief by John O'Donohue
Poems About Loss
- 1. For Grief , John O'Donohue
- 2. Warning , Morgan Michaels
- 3. An Ugly Suicide , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 4. No Loss To The Dead , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 5. In A Big Loss , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 6. Directions , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 7. Act Of Contrition , Justin Reamer
- 8. Big Loss , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 9. My Feelings Are Always Hurt , Rohit Sapra
- 10. Reliefs And Burdens , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 11. The Diseased Have No Loss. , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 12. Loss Is Sustained , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 13. It Does Seem A Very Hard Thing To Explain , Francis Duggan
- 14. Loss Of History , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 15. Women's Individuality , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 16. Profit And Loss , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 17. Still Mountain Air , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 18. No Rebirths , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 19. Their Football Team To Them Important , Francis Duggan
- 20. To Debby On The Death Of Her Dad , Francis Duggan
- 21. Release Those Imprisoned Exiles , Francis Duggan
- 22. Passing Of Things , Bob Gotti
- 23. The Gain Of The Birth , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 24. In Paying Homage To The Loss , RIC S. BASTASA
- 25. A Certain Loss , RIC S. BASTASA
- 26. Rob Rowley's Billy Goat , Francis Duggan
- 27. Sandrine Sonnet Cycle 2005 Copy I - Lxx , Jonathan ROBIN
- 28. Repentance And Credit , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 29. Presentation Is Beautiful , gajanan mishra
- 30. Loss Of A Home , Ace Of Black Hearts
- 31. Unworthy Light , Crimson Love
- 32. Loss , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 33. Rear Story , SALINI NAIR
- 34. Silent Losing , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 35. Loss Of Something , Is It Poetry
- 36. Larger Than Life-Size , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 37. To Thank God , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 38. Death And Loss , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 39. Give It Up White Boy Ii Xx Xxx Xx .. , Lee Mack
- 40. Desire Not Fulfilled , gajanan mishra
- 41. On Hearing That Matt Duggan's Son Chris .. , Francis Duggan
- 42. The Usual Afternoon , RIC S. BASTASA
- 43. Rain Again , otteri selvakumar
- 44. Mind Over Matter , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 45. Loss , Edwina Reizer
- 46. Why Did This Have To Happen To Me Lord? , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 47. Continuing To Love , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 48. Loss , Melvina Germain
- 49. Lovely Bread , SALINI NAIR
- 50. Who Knows Its Pain? , SALINI NAIR
New Loss Poems
- Loss, The Princess is
- Loss A Different Thing., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Processing Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Loss That Has Cost The People, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Do Not Fear Loss, Doctor Shantung
- Loss, Andy Brookes
- Silent Beauty, Mehdi Chith
- Re-Value-Ation, tolu ogundare
- Loss Of Things, gajanan mishra
- Roses And Lies, Eva Tortora
- carpe diem