Lust Poems - Poems For Lust
Poems about lust. You can read the best lust poems. Browse through all lust poems.
1.To His Mistress Going to Bed
Come, Madam, come, all rest my powers defy,
Until I labour, I in labour lie.
The foe oft-times having the foe in sight,
Is tired with standing though they never fight.
Off with that girdle, like heaven's zone glistering,
But a far fairer world encompassing.
Unpin that spangled breastplate which you wear,
That th' eyes of busy fools may be stopped there.
Unlace yourself, for that harmonious chime
Tells me from you, that now 'tis your bed time.
Off with that happy busk, which I envy,
That still can be, and still can stand so nigh.
Your gown going off, such beauteous state reveals,
As when from flowery meads th' hill's shadow steals.
Off with that wiry coronet and show
The hairy diadem which on you doth grow;
Now off with those shoes, and then safely tread
In this love's hallowed temple, this soft bed.
In such white robes heaven's angels used to be
Received by men; thou angel bring'st with thee
A heaven like Mahomet's paradise; and though
Ill spirits walk in white, we easily know
By this these angels from an evil sprite,
Those set our hairs, but these our flesh upright.
License my roving hands, and let them go
Before, behind, between, above, below.
O my America, my new found land,
My kingdom, safeliest when with one man manned,
My mine of precious stones, my empery,
How blessed am I in this discovering thee!
To enter in these bonds, is to be free;
Then where my hand is set, my seal shall be.
Full nakedness, all joys are due to thee
As souls unbodied, bodies unclothed must be,
To taste whole joys. Gems which you women use
Are like Atlanta's balls, cast in men's views,
That when a fool's eye lighteth on a gem,
His earthly soul may covet theirs, not them.
Like pictures, or like books' gay coverings made
For laymen, are all women thus arrayed;
Themselves are mystic books, which only we
Whom their imputed grace will dignify
Must see revealed. Then since I may know,
As liberally, as to a midwife, show
Thyself: cast all, yea, this white linen hence,
Here is no penance, much less innocence.
To teach thee, I am naked first, why then
What needst thou have more covering than a man. read more »
2.No Platonic Love
Tell me no more of minds embracing minds,
And hearts exchang'd for hearts;
That spirits spirits meet, as winds do winds,
And mix their subt'lest parts; read more »
3.The Canterbury Tales; the Wyves tale of Bathe
Experience, though noon auctoritee
Were in this world, were right ynogh to me
To speke of wo that is in mariage; read more »
4.To His Coy Mistress
Had we but World enough, and Time,
This coyness Lady were no crime.
We would sit down, and think which way
To walk, and pass our long Loves Day. read more »
5.To the Virgins, Make Much of Time
Gather ye rose-buds while ye may:
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles to-day,
To-morrow will be dying. read more »
6.Let’s Live and Love: to Lesbia
Let us live, my Lesbia, let us love,
and all the words of the old, and so moral,
may they be worth less than nothing to us!
Suns may set, and suns may rise again: read more »
Who came upon me once
Stretched under apple-trees just after bathing,
Why did you not strangle me before speaking read more »
8.Leda And The Swan
A SUDDEN blow: the great wings beating still
Above the staggering girl, her thighs caressed
By the dark webs, her nape caught in his bill,
He holds her helpless breast upon his breast. read more »
How should I know? The enormous wheels of will
Drove me cold-eyed on tired and sleepless feet.
Night was void arms and you a phantom still, read more »
10.The Passionate Shepherd to his Love
Come live with me and be my love,
And we will all the pleasures prove
That valleys, groves, hills, and fields,
Woods, or steepy mountain yields. read more »
11.The Elephant Is Slow to Mate
The elephant, the huge old beast,
is slow to mate;
he finds a female, they show no haste
they wait read more »
12.A Book Of Music
Coming at an end, the lovers
Are exhausted like two swimmers. Where
Did it end? There is no telling. No love is read more »
New Lust Poems
- Love Curiosity, Aftab Alam
- Pario Epulae, michael walkerjohn
- The End Result, Edward Kofi Louis
- Marketing Lust as Love, Aftab Alam
- Lust Let Loose, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
- Love Life and The Lust, Aftab Alam
- Concision, Edward Kofi Louis
- Cloth, sloth!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Lust Doesn't Last, Mihaela Pirjol
- Personality Disorders, Edward Kofi Louis
- You Will Know Them By Their Fruits, Edward Kofi Louis
- Of and regarding the necessity of lust, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Though The Spirit Is Willing (Tanka), Edwin Tanguma
- Blue, Blur!, Edward Kofi Louis
- With Your Own Mind And Body, Edward Kofi Louis
- Living In A Mad World, Edward Kofi Louis
- As The World Accepts Them, Edward Kofi Louis
- Death Is Your Signature, Edward Kofi Louis
- In Excess, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unfruitful Works Of The Darkness, Edward Kofi Louis
- Using The Nations, Edward Kofi Louis
- Trained To Kill, Edward Kofi Louis
- Being Part Of The Four Ruling Powers, Edward Kofi Louis
- Being In The Counsel Of Unrighteousness, Edward Kofi Louis
- In So Many Different Forms, Edward Kofi Louis
- Being Sold To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Spreading Out, Edward Kofi Louis
- Keep Aloof From All Forms Of Adultery, Edward Kofi Louis
- Lust, Trinidad Villafranca
- Love or Lust, Jean Cohen
- A Love Lust!, Ramesh T A
- Is it love or lust, Adam Wilson
- Fantasy IV, Mark R Slaughter
- Lustful Love, Nadia J. Pamphil
- As The Night Draws In, daniel laurence
- Thank You Lust, Bharat Mehru
- Religions Vs Lust, Vadakkumpurath Ramesan
- a certain lust, Takiyah Penny
- Completing All The Touches, Mark R Slaughter
- Love thickens to lust, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Witch, Mark R Slaughter
- Infusion, Mark Richardson
- Lust, Christina Bruce
- Love, Daughter of Lust., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Auf Sich Selbst, Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
- love&lust, koneko 4 life
- Molester Lusting, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Lust, the root of youngness, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Lust, Daniel Fils
- Blood Lust, Justin Terrell
- Love or lust.?, Naa naa
- Search Party, Mark R Slaughter
- Lust in steps felt., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- PARTNERS OF INFIDELITY, Pyeceen River
- Love or Lust, Kimberly Wares
- Bloodlust, Mark R Slaughter
- The glory of lust, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Possession of Desire, Bonnie Cote
- Talons of a Gothic Mind, Mark R Slaughter
- Curse of Lust, Mark R Slaughter
- Love And Lust, RIC S. BASTASA
- Lust..., Joy O'Pateng
- love; with or without the lust, austin spalding
- Lust, Alex Lewis
- Draped In Their Lust, JOHN THEBURNINGLEGEND
- A Difference…, Stacey Stevens
- LUST, Yonder Burgen
- Died, Herbert Nehrlich 2
- Whoa Whoa Whoa Hush That Rush, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Quicksand of Lust, Salimah Davis
- Lust, You... don't... want me...
- Flee Lust Arms!, Domenic Marbaniang
- The lust defined, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- carpe diem