Marriage Poems - Poems For Marriage
Poems about marriage. You can read the best marriage poems. Browse through all marriage poems.
Lovely Mistake - Poem by gershon hepner
Marriage, often a mistake,
can be a lovely one.
In marriage you can have your cake
and it eat––oh what fun! ––
although it isn’t perfect––what
on earth is that? It can
be lovely though it may be not
precisely what a married
man or woman would describe
as peachy. It is carried
like remainders after you
divide, but better not divided.
Mistakes, though multiplied,
in marriage should not be derided,
and always should be eyed
as much part of the territory
as what in Eden’s Garden stood,
the famous Error Tree
without which Eve and Adam could
not have lived lovingly.
Inspired by what Michael Tilson Thomas, in a concet program called “The Thomashefskys” says his grandmother, Bessie Thomashefsky, once told him about her marriage with her husband Boris, whom she left when he established a liaison with a beautiful Romanian Jewess called Mrs. Zuckerberg who, he told Bessie, reminded him of her when she was young girl. Bessie married Boris when she was less than sixteen and was undeterred by his multiple liaisons with his many fans until Mrs. Zuckerberg came along. But even though she left him and even competed with him on different stages she told her grandson: “Our marriage was a beautiful mistake.” Bessie was at Boris’s bedside when he died.
Comments about Lovely Mistake by gershon hepner
Poems About Marriage
- 1. Lovely Mistake , gershon hepner
- 2. Marriage In God’s Eyes , Bob Gotti
- 3. These Boring Radio Chat Shows , Francis Duggan
- 4. The Things That Some Women Put Up With , Francis Duggan
- 5. The Old Pair There , Francis Duggan
- 6. Escaping Into Solitude , gershon hepner
- 7. Time And Ill Timed Marriage , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 8. Be Divorce Free Of Family Courts. , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 9. From 'The Double' Xa , Morgan Michaels
- 10. My Friend From Chicago Says Bless You , RIC S. BASTASA
- 11. My Friend From Chicago Says Bless You (R.. , RIC S. BASTASA
- 12. The Divorcee , Francis Duggan
- 13. A Regular Aussie Bloke , Francis Duggan
- 14. What Did You Say? , RIC S. BASTASA
- 15. Is Marriage Good? , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 16. In Their Marriage Vows , Francis Duggan
- 17. 27 For 27th , Edward Kofi Louis
- 18. ' Marital Affair ' , Marvin Brato Sr
- 19. Alankar(Decor) -43 , Indira Renganathan
- 20. Why Does Marriage Count? , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 21. Years Of Marriage , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 22. Nissim Ezekiel: A Faded Romantic And His.. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 23. Is Marriage A Problem , gajanan mishra
- 24. Marry All , Ima Ryma
- 25. Marry Ago , Ima Ryma
- 26. Lenexa Baptist Church Poet Tom Zart’s = .. , Tom Zart
- 27. Ella Kupper , Francis Duggan
- 28. They Were So Very Different , Francis Duggan
- 29. Marriage Is God-Made , Dr John Celes
- 30. Tainted Vows , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 31. ‘a Happy First Marriage Anniversary! ' , Dr John Celes
- 32. A Poet And His Muse , Pradip Chattopadhyay
- 33. Loves Doubts , louis rams
- 34. Awakening (Love Story 9) , Marvin Brato Sr
- 35. Concessions , Edward Kofi Louis
- 36. Heddda, Get Your Gun , gershon hepner
- 37. 306 , RIC S. BASTASA
- 38. At 55... , RIC S. BASTASA
- 39. Good To Marry , hasmukh amathalal
- 40. She Matters , Denis Martindale
- 41. Dinner For Three , RIC S. BASTASA
- 42. Still You Believe Marriages Are Heavenly.. , Bashyam Narayanan
- 43. The Sanctity Of Matrimony , Antonio Liao
- 44. Relationships Ordained , Bob Gotti
- 45. How Merrily The Girls Watch The Processi.. , Narsinh Mehta
- 46. Chimerica , gershon hepner
- 47. Sherri , Randy McClave
- 48. ' [ Best Elements In Good Marriage ] ' , Ency Bearis
- 49. Part, Pact! , Edward Kofi Louis
- 50. Frederick And Geraldine (Part 13) , Marieta Maglas
New Marriage Poems
- Marriage And Friendship, S.D. TIWARI
- Arranged Marriage And Love, S.D. TIWARI
- Adam And Eve And Marriage God, Simpa omoluabi
- Salsaabil 25 Poem@sakisabre, SAKISABRE Saki
- Marriages Now, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Marriage Steps Or Stairways, Dorsey Baker
- Solemnity Of Marriage., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Golden Cage, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Marriage Is A Symbol Of, gajanan mishra
- Aching Common Sense, Heidi Lynn Staples
- carpe diem