Mirror Poems - Poems For Mirror
Poems about mirror. You can read the best mirror poems. Browse through all mirror poems.
Nasty Mirror - Poem by Gregory Huyette
I look in the mirror and who do I see…
A strange old man glowering at me.
His forehead has crashed and mustache faded;
It can’t be me. My mind must be jaded.
This nasty mirror depicts sad, faltering eyes.
Now I know it’s telling me balled-faced lies.
It portrays the mouth with a sliver of lips.
The facade of a countenance it shatters and rips.
Well maudlin mirror I’ll have you know
That ‘neath this wretched casement ready to go
There’s a sharp mind and a white hot heart
Recounting countless memories from the start.
As a young lad I was eager to learn.
Then as a teen first love made my heart burn.
In my late twenties I exchanged vows
And started a family with the usual roughs.
My thirties raced as the kids grew even faster.
School, sports and music they attempted to master.
As my forties proceeded they struck out on their own,
Leaving us two to renew our love alone.
Little feet appeared with the cherished grandparent’s role.
Though the cascading fifties started eliciting a toll.
Health became an issue as bad habits of youth were paid.
The sixties is when pain and suffering stayed.
Now I’m an old man as evidenced by the cruel mirror.
Yesterday I was young and now the end seems so much nearer.
But rather than lament the fact that I soon may be dead,
I’ll smile at the mirror and plan for the fun I know is ahead.
Comments about Nasty Mirror by Gregory Huyette
Poems About Mirror
- 251. Nasty Mirror , Gregory Huyette
- 252. War Against The Mirror , Natali Surjan
- 253. Fairest Of Them All , Sherice Malcolm
- 254. My Reflection In The Mirror , Dwiveck Custodio
- 255. The Man In The Mirror , Clinton Ekeh
- 256. Mirror , AJAYA BOHIDAR
- 257. The Mirror , Theodore Aubanel
- 258. Inside The Mirror, Behind The Glass , Silence Dogood
- 259. The Mirror , Jim Yerman
- 260. The Uninvited Guest In The Reflection Of.. , nthabiseng kgoronyane
- 261. Mirror , Jay P Narain
- 262. My Apologies , Dr. Baishali Bhaumik Mitra
- 263. Mirrors , Brittany Buffington
- 264. Mirror Mirror… , zarina binda
- 265. Ugly Truth , Kurt Kacich
- 266. Mirror, Mirror , Emaleigh Marie
- 267. And Blame Myself For The Loss , Chime Justice Ndubuisi
- 268. The Mirror , Half Past
- 269. Mirror, Mirror , Linda Racaniello
- 270. Mirror-Collaboration With Unique Princess , donald kuutsi
- 271. Mirror Mirror On The Wall , Vanessa Kingsley
- 272. The Secret , Matthew Bresette
- 273. .20 Mirror , Daniel Cobb
- 274. Mirror On The Wall , Joyce wolayo
- 275. Mirror, Mirror? , Chelsie Satterwhite
- 276. Mirror , J.W. Frogg
- 277. Mirror , Dechen Doma Sherpa
- 278. Mirror Mirror , Little King of Sorrows
- 279. Part Of The Wall , Brianna King
- 280. Looking In A Mirror , Jessica lee Workman
- 281. Finding Myself , Sabria West
- 282. The Mirror , Sian Mein
- 283. Mirror , Lovely Girl
- 284. Image Of Me , Andrew Ryan
- 285. Universe , Aidan Brooks
- 286. Blank Face , KrIsTiNa CoTTo
- 287. Mirror, Mirror , Chantal Lammerts
- 288. Mirror , MVJ Simon
- 289. Oh Mirror , Lailani L.
- 290. Mirrors , Vianca Borrero
- 291. Childhood Mirror , Gabrielle L. Tastet
- 292. The Picture , Lawrence s. Makola
- 293. Mirrors Never Lie , Rachel Brewer
- 294. The Mirror Of Your Life... Can You Face .. , Dimitri Jagodinski
- 295. Mirror Mirror....! , Rowving Smith
- 296. Every Time I Face The Mirror , Lost Sierra
- 297. Mirror Of The Conceited , Courtney Bellush
- 298. In The Mirror , Robert Mahoney
- 299. Every Time I Look In The Mirror , Emma Reid
- 300. The Mirror Is The Memory , Louis Borgo
New Mirror Poems
- Reflection In The Mirror, Melissa Patty
- Man In The Mirror, Anashree Narainsamy
- Mirror On The Wall, Joyce wolayo
- Mirror, Mirror?, Chelsie Satterwhite
- Mirror, Samra Haq
- Mirror Mirror, Shannon Strauss
- Mirror, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mirror, amira ismail
- Mirror, Mirror, Emily Millyard
- Looking In A Mirror, Jessica lee Workman
- carpe diem