Moon Poems - Poems For Moon
Poems about moon. You can read the best moon poems. Browse through all moon poems.
A Winter Night In The Valley - Poem by Blaine McCanless
A winter night in the valley, how i longed to be.
For the sight was said to be unfathomable.
So that a man or woman would never want to leave.
In the valley it was said that at midnight on the first day of winter
The moon was untouched by the clouds and the sky was lit up with diamonds.
A wish upon my mind to enjoy such a night, to enjoy such a sight, only a wish.
I longed for years to see the beauty but never was my dream fufilled, until this year.
I got to see the night in all of its richness, the moon like a floating gem on a necklace garnished with diamonds,
And the lake reflected it so well as it were a mirror, the moon was the fairest of all.
Now in the dead of winter the moon has gone covered by the clouds,
almost protected as if it were a priceless painting covered to sustain its beauty.
Without it i feel dark, cold, and alone, O so many nights i had wished for it to return to me my beloved gem.
But every night disappointment is all i feel and darkness surrounds me, and then I sleep.
Nightmares plague where my wonderful dreams had once been.
A solitary thought of horror that my dreams will never return.
So I wait a little longer, but still nothing.
Then spring comes and new flowers grow where the snow once was.
The white powdery blanket of my trust,
Melts away with the coming of spring in the valley a sight of nothing to behold in my eyes.
The spring is long, the summer longer, and them autumn falls like rain
And the leaves slowly turn and fall to their grave under the blanket of snow.
The winter comes and I am overwhelmed with joy, how long i have waited for the night of beauty,
The night of passion, the night of purity.
Five minutes to midnight, the air is oh so cold, so cold i can barely feel my fingers.
But I pay no mind I wait for my love. Midnight at last! at last my moment of happiness.
But what is this the moon is gone! The gem has been stolen from me.
This cannot be for it is winter and my beloved friend is absent.
I cry with the fury of an army.
Where is it! ? I scream in hopes that i cannot help but have,
why is my happiness not here? Can this be a nightmare?
Perhaps that is all it is, a nightmare, and i will awake to the extravagant moon and the starlit sky.
But if I am asleep why am I cold? Am I sleeping? Is this a terrible nightmare?
I get up and walk, i touch the snow and the coldness burns my hand.
This is no dream nor nightmare this is even worse, this is real.
My passion, my joy is fleeing every second without the moon.
I weep for many hours in the cold white snow.
I fall into it, it burns my body. The truth of reality has finally come down upon me and morning rises above me.
The snow falls on me, I can barely move. So I just sleep, sleep into the cold dark tomb of my mind.
But whats this? The moon. Is this a dream? I stare at the beauty and it consumes me,
it warms me. I lay in the snow like a leaf that has fallen from a tree,
I lay in my grave of snow, my moon lays with me.
Comments about A Winter Night In The Valley by Blaine McCanless
Poems About Moon
- 1. A Winter Night In The Valley , Blaine McCanless
- 2. Pain On Watching The Full Moon , Lalitha Narayanan
- 3. Drinking Alone Below The Moon , gina guo
- 4. Moon Angel , Rik Bertrand
- 5. The Moon-Lover! ! ! , The Enchantress
- 6. Moon Song , Wayne Wickham
- 7. Full Moon Phenomenon , Kurt Kacich
- 8. Sun To The Moon , thomas faragher
- 9. Time , joey cooksey
- 10. Full Moon , Vada Thomas
- 11. The Moon Should Have Not Talked , Alnaver Baltazar
- 12. Salsaabil 28 Poem@sakisabre , SAKISABRE Saki
- 13. Journeys On The 7.20 , Linda Dobinson
- 14. The Creepy Moon , Rik Bertrand
- 15. Have You Seen The Moon Tonight My Love? , George Tzouvaras
New Moon Poems
- For When One See A Angel Thus The Angel .., Raymond Sawyer
- The Raising Of The Moon With Respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Every Star That One See Is The Family Of.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Night One See The Moon Is The Night .., Raymond Sawyer
- To Feel The Light Of The Moon Is To Feel.., Raymond Sawyer
- When The Moon Is Out Thus The Angel Will.., Raymond Sawyer
- To See The Morning Sun Is Like Seeing Th.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Night That The Moon Light Touch The .., Raymond Sawyer
- Where There A Angel There The Moon Light.., Raymond Sawyer
- To Stand By The Sea For The Moon Light W.., Raymond Sawyer
- carpe diem