Poem about moon. You can read the best moon poems. Browse through all moon poems.
25.To Helen - 1848
I saw thee once- once only- years ago:
I must not say how many- but not many.
It was a July midnight; and from out
A full-orbed moon, that, like thine own soul, soaring,
Sought a precipitate pathway up through heaven,
There fell a silvery-silken veil of light,
With quietude, and sultriness, and slumber,
Upon the upturned faces of a thousand
Roses that grew in an enchanted garden,
Where no wind dared to stir, unless on tiptoe-
Fell on the upturn'd faces of these roses
That gave out, in return for the love-light,
Their odorous souls in an ecstatic death-
Fell on the upturn'd faces of these roses
That smiled and died in this parterre, enchanted
By thee, and by the poetry of thy presence.
Clad all in white, upon a violet bank
I saw thee half reclining; while the moon
Fell on the upturn'd faces of the roses,
And on thine own, upturn'd- alas, in sorrow!
Was it not Fate, that, on this July midnight-
Was it not Fate, (whose name is also Sorrow,)
That bade me pause before that garden-gate,
To breathe the incense of those slumbering roses?
No footstep stirred: the hated world an slept,
Save only thee and me. (Oh, Heaven!- oh, God!
How my heart beats in coupling those two words!)
Save only thee and me. I paused- I looked-
And in an instant all things disappeared.
(Ah, bear in mind this garden was enchanted!)
The pearly lustre of the moon went out:
The mossy banks and the meandering paths,
The happy flowers and the repining trees,
Were seen no more: the very roses' odors
Died in the arms of the adoring airs.
All- all expired save thee- save less than thou:
Save only the divine light in thine eyes-
Save but the soul in thine uplifted eyes.
I saw but them- they were the world to me!
I saw but them- saw only them for hours,
Saw only them until the moon went down.
What wild heart-histories seemed to he enwritten
Upon those crystalline, celestial spheres!
How dark a woe, yet how sublime a hope!
How silently serene a sea of pride!
How daring an ambition; yet how deep-
How fathomless a capacity for love!
But now, at length, dear Dian sank from sight,
Into a western couch of thunder-cloud;
And thou, a ghost, amid the entombing trees
Didst glide away. Only thine eyes remained;
They would not go- they never yet have gone;
Lighting my lonely pathway home that night,
They have not left me (as my hopes have) since;
They follow me- they lead me through the years.
They are my ministers- yet I their slave.
Their office is to illumine and enkindle-
My duty, to be saved by their bright light,
And purified in their electric fire,
And sanctified in their elysian fire.
They fill my soul with Beauty (which is Hope),
And are far up in Heaven- the stars I kneel to
In the sad, silent watches of my night;
While even in the meridian glare of day
I see them still- two sweetly scintillant
Venuses, unextinguished by the sun! read more »
26.The Moon was but a Chin of Gold
The Moon was but a Chin of Gold
A Night or two ago— read more »
LEAVES of poplars pick Japanese prints against the west.
Moon sand on the canal doubles the changing pictures. read more »
28.To The Moon
O lovely moon, how well do I recall
The time,--'tis just a year--when up this hill
I came, in my distress, to gaze at thee: read more »
Beautiful Moon, with thy silvery light,
Thou seemest most charming to my sight;
As I gaze upon thee in the sky so high, read more »
30.The Cat And The Moon
THE cat went here and there
And the moon spun round like a top,
And the nearest kin of the moon,
The creeping cat, looked up. read more »
31.Under The Moon
I HAVE no happiness in dreaming of Brycelinde,
Nor Avalon the grass-green hollow, nor Joyous Isle,
Where one found Lancelot crazed and hid him for a while;
Nor Uladh, when Naoise had thrown a sail upon the wind; read more »
32.The Light o' the Moon
[How different people and different animals look upon the moon: showing that each creature finds in it his own mood and disposition]
<i>The Old Horse in the City</i> read more »
33.Ballad of the Moon
<i>translated by Will Kirkland</i>
The moon came into the forge
in her bustle of flowering nard. read more »
A child saw in the morning skies
The dissipated-looking moon,
And opened wide her big blue eyes,
And cried: "Look, look, my lost balloon!" read more »
The Moon is like a ping-pong ball;
I lean against the orchard wall, read more »
36.A Sonnet of the Moon
Look how the pale queen of the silent night
Doth cause the ocean to attend upon her,
And he, as long as she is in his sight, read more »
New Moon Poems
- silver moons, Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- The Green Moon, Emmanuel chibuike ikechukwu
- The natural cycle, hasmukh amathalal
- Rivers of BLood on the MOon, Charles Hice
- The Shy Moon, Somanathan Iyer
- Moon's Child, Savita Tyagi
- Moon light, Emmanuel chibuike ikechukwu
- Moon Come Soon, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Moon Dance, Tony Avila Sampson
- Moon Lures Minds Souls, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Mondlied - In memory of Edith Sitwell, Peter Russell
- Poems on the Moon, Devorah Gerber
- HURLY-BURLY هرج و مرج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Look For A Pretty Moon, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Moon, Eleonora Nieuwjaar
- The Moon (a series of haiku about the mo.., hap rochelle
- Moon, Neha Srinivas
- The Rainbow and The Moon..., MoonBee Canady
- See Sai In Moon (Sai Meaning Supreme Sou.., DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Moon Of Old, Sofia Vigo
- Friend Moon, Orlando Belo
- Burquawalli, I Saw You, But Could Not Sa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Senryu The Moon, Heather Burns
- Moon full of light, Melissa Stevens
- The Pretty Moon, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Is moon here, gajanan mishra
- Moon Landing, Christian Guild
- Moon Dreams, Tricia Cwx
- Life Under The Moon, Ramesh Anand
- Desert Moon (Full version), Philo Yan
- Moon With A Cheesier Cats Smile, Lilly Emerson Brayfield
- All Moons, Christopher Apfelbach
- Half moon, Ula Goss
- Recitative, Paul van Ostaijen
- Is it The Child of Moon, Irayimman Thampi
- Budha Purnima: The Super Moon, Shashikant Nishant Sharma
- Fragment, Harry Crosby
- Bipoler Ghetto!, david gerardino
- Moon Tribute, Morhardt Carmen Mencita Mono ..
- Sun Rise The Mood Fall, julisw kelley
- BIPOLER 2, david gerardino
- Silent, david gerardino
- Coyotes, Brandon McConnell
- Moon After Day, Akia Snow
- The Color of the Moon, Jasmine Thompson
- BIPOLER GHEETO IN THE A.M, david gerardino
- BIPOLER GHEETO, david gerardino
- Under The Moon©, Sumira Sarai
- Mr. Moon: A Song of the Little People, Bliss William Carman
- MOON BOY, Aldo Kraas
- Now I See You, as The Blue Moon, Anees Rahman
- MOON SONG, RIC S. BASTASA
- How to Accompany The Moon Without Walking, Conrad Potter Aiken
- O MOON, Narayan Chandra Samal
- Moonlight, penyair aja
- Wednesday Moon, Framarz Bagheri
- Fractured Moon, Najib Altawell
- Dust Moon, moon dust
- Moon, olivia freitas
- A DREAM OF WATER MOON!, Ramesh T A
- the full moon, joseph macquarrie
- moon, destiny tatum
- moon, moon, crazy moon, Raj Arumugam
- Moon Light, Sonya Wesley
- Moon’s lady, vijay gupta
- A DARK MOON MYSTERY!, Ramesh T A
- Lips To Kiss, Is It Poetry
- Moon Johnny's Gun, Is It Poetry
- moon is like you, Is It Poetry
- winter moon, misty moon, Raj Arumugam
- # # THE MOON WITHIN ME, Samanyan Lakshminarayanan
- Moon, We Look to You., Mark R Slaughter
- MOON AND SUN LOVE STORY, Morhardt Carmen Mencita Mono ..
- War (But The Moon Shines Bright), Angel of Death
- carpe diem