Mother Poems - Poems For Mother
Poems about mother. You can read the best mother poems. Browse through all mother poems.
Wedding Cake - Poem by Naomi Shihab Nye
Once on a plane
a woman asked me to hold her baby
I figured it was safe,
our being on a plane and all.
How far could she go?
She returned one hour later,
having changed her clothes
and washed her hair.
I didn't recognize her.
By this time the baby
and I had examined
each other's necks.
We had cried a little.
I had a silver bracelet
and a watch.
Gold studs glittered
in the baby's ears.
She wore a tiny white dress
leafed with layers
like a wedding cake.
I did not want
to give her back.
The baby's curls coiled tightly
against her scalp,
I read new new new.
My mother gets tired.
I'll chew your hand.
The baby left my skirt crumpled,
my lap aching.
Now I'm her secret guardian,
the little nub of dream
that rises slightly
but won't come clear.
As she grows,
as she feels ill at ease,
I'll bob my knee.
What will she forget?
Whom will she marry?
He'd better check with me.
I'll say once she flew
dressed like a cake
between two doilies of cloud.
She could slip the card into a pocket,
pull it out.
Already she knew the small finger
was funnier than the whole arm.
Comments about Wedding Cake by Naomi Shihab Nye
Poems About Mother
- 51. Wedding Cake , Naomi Shihab Nye
- 52. My Mother's Funeral , Ira Sadoff
- 53. Mother , Herman de Coninck
- 54. Exile , Alicia Suskin Ostriker
- 55. My Mother Was No White Dove , Reginald Shepherd
- 56. Mother's Day , David Young
- 57. Chorus , Catherine Barnett
- 58. A House Just Like His Mother's , Gregory Orr
New Mother Poems
- Nnem (My Mother), favour ugwumba
- Oh Mother You Are My Life, Ankur Mazumder
- Mother & The Artist., Nikhil Parekh
- Dear Daddy, Nikhil Parekh
- Why Not Mother's Initials?, Nikhil Parekh
- Only A Mother, Nikhil Parekh
- If You Cut A Tree; You Cut Your Own Moth.., Nikhil Parekh
- Scruples That Art Lame, Adeosun Olamide
- Sixth Sense Comfort...... Part 2, mithilesh yadav
- Wish I Had A Mother, Monarchist Oleg
- carpe diem