Mother Poems - Poems For Mother
Poems about mother. You can read the best mother poems. Browse through all mother poems.
A Vine-Arbour In The Far West - Poem by Jean Ingelow
Laura, my Laura! 'Yes, mother!' 'I want you, Laura; come down.'
'What is it, mother—what, dearest? O your loved face how it pales!
You tremble, alas and alas—you heard bad news from the town?'
'Only one short half hour to tell it. My poor courage fails—
Laura.' 'Where's Ronald?—O anything else but Ronald!' 'No, no,
Not Ronald, if all beside, my Laura, disaster and tears;
But you, it is yours to send them away, for you they will go,
One short half hour, and must it decide, it must for the years.
Laura, you think of your father sometimes?' 'Sometimes!' 'Ah, but how?'
'I think—that we need not think, sweet mother—the time is not yet,
He is as the wraith of a wraith, and a far off shadow now—
—But if you have heard he is dead?' 'Not that?' 'Then let me forget.'
'The sun is off the south window, draw back the curtain, my child.'
'But tell it, mother.' 'Answer you first what it is that you see.'
'The lambs on the mountain slope, and the crevice with blue ice piled.'
'Nearer.'—'But, mother!' 'Nearer!' 'My heifer she's lowing to me.'
'Nearer.' 'Nothing, sweet mother, O yes, for one sits in the bower.
Black the clusters hang out from the vine about his snow-white head,
And the scarlet leaves, where my Ronald leaned.' 'Only one half hour—
Laura'—'O mother, my mother dear, all known though nothing said.
O it breaks my heart, the face dejected that looks not on us,
A beautiful face—I remember now, though long I forgot.'
'Ay and I loved it. I love him to-day, and to see him thus!
Saying 'I go if she bids it, for work her woe—I will not.'
There! weep not, wring not your hands, but think, think with your heart
'Was he innocent, mother? If he was, I, sure had been told,
'He said so.' 'Ah, but they do.' 'And I hope—and long was his dole,
And all for the signing a name (if indeed he signed) for gold.'
'To find us again, in the far far West, where hid, we were free—
But if he was innocent—O my heart, it is riven in two,
If he goes how hard upon him—or stays—how harder on me,
For O my Ronald, my Ronald, my dear,—my best what of you!'
'Peace; think, my Laura—I say he will go there, weep not so sore.
And the time is come, Ronald knows nothing, your father will go,
As the shadow fades from its place will he, and be seen no more.'
'There 'll be time to think to-morrow, and after, but to-day, no.
I'm going down the garden, mother.' 'Laura!' 'I've dried my tears.'
'O how will this end!' 'I know not the end, I can but begin.'
'But what will you say?' 'Not 'welcome, father,' though long were those
But I'll say to him, 'O my poor father, we wait you, come in.'
Comments about A Vine-Arbour In The Far West by Jean Ingelow
Poems About Mother
- 1. A Vine-Arbour In The Far West , Jean Ingelow
- 2. Mother's Day Poem , Gabe Florsheim
- 3. A Belated Call , Kazi Nazrul Islam
- 4. Mother, You Are Only Mother , dr. ram sharma
- 5. The Victories Of Love. Book I , Coventry Patmore
- 6. Mother`s Day.. My Mother... , hazem al jaber
- 7. Supper At The Mill , Jean Ingelow
- 8. A Mother Is A Mother A Mother Is A Friend , Susie Sunshine
- 9. The Cupboard , Robert Graves
- 10. I Like My Mother , ART PAUL SCHLOSSER
- 11. The Odyssey , Homer
- 12. In The Name Of Mother , ramesh rai
- 13. Oh! My Mama, Happy Mother's Day! , Julius Babarinsa
- 14. My Mother-My Light , gajanan mishra
- 15. To My Mother , Narendra Kuppan
- 16. A Tribute To Mothers On ‘mothers’ Day ‘09’ , Dr John Celes
- 17. *mother (Two) , Abdul Wahab
- 18. Mother , Aftab Alam
- 19. (227) Supreme Sacrifice (Oneryu) , premji premji
- 20. My Real Goddess , Dr. P. K. Verma
- 21. Under The Rose , Christina Georgina Rossetti
- 22. Our Captain's Last Words , Henry Clay Work
- 23. The Death-Song , Frances Anne Kemble
- 24. Mother, Mother, You Are The Wonder , gajanan mishra
- 25. Mother , Amrit Rathi
- 26. Mother, Mother , Frederick Kesner
- 27. Mother, Mother, Sweet Mother , gajanan mishra
- 28. 25 Things My Mother Taught Me , Howard Kern
- 29. On Parting , Khristo Botev
- 30. If I Ever Live Again , Tunji Ibrahim
- 31. Mother...This Ones' For You... , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 32. Need , Mahfooz Ali
- 33. My Mother , chandra thiagarajan
- 34. Mother May I , Erica Francis
- 35. What Is A Mother? , Natasha Ligons
- 36. More Than Everything Else , Abhipsa Tripathy
- 37. My Mother Is , gajanan mishra
- 38. Mother , Ahtivah Lawton
- 39. Blessing Of Mother , gajanan mishra
- 40. The Mother’s Visit , Dinah Maria Mulock Craik
- 41. Mothers , Indira Renganathan
- 42. Being A Mother Means , Zelda Gerkin
- 43. Mother Earth , Amelia Cruise
- 44. Mother, And Mother , gajanan mishra
- 45. Oh, Father! - Feel My Untold Love! (Part.. , Harindhar Reddy
- 46. When My Mother Was Away , Mahfooz Ali
- 47. What Is It Called Mother? , rajagopal haran
- 48. Mother First , gajanan mishra
- 49. Haidouks , Khristo Botev
- 50. Mother Love , Leon Agnew
New Mother Poems
- What A True Mother Means?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A mother الام, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- If You Cut A Tree; You Cut Your Own Moth.., Nikhil Parekh
- Mother & The Artist, Nikhil Parekh
- Only A Mother, Nikhil Parekh
- Mother Mother Mother..............! ! !, Arafat Driche
- Blessing Of Mother, gajanan mishra
- Mother, Mother Nurol Amin
- Like Mother, Like Daughter -# 2, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- For Ashraful, Palas Kumar Ray
- carpe diem