Poem about narrative. You can read the best narrative poems. Browse through all narrative poems.
73.The Story of a Poem (Narrative Poem)
Prepared to ridicule himself, this fool
Is guarded against the jibes
Of those he thinks less inclined to self-criticism.
How then is he to gauge his faults
And turn them into something worthwhile?
How can he define his foolishness
If uncertain as to the extent of his limitations?
How can he begin to accept the advice of others -
'Go jump! ' 'Take a good hard look at yourself! ' 'Grow up! ' -
If he isn't prepared to be objective?
Unprepared to accept objectivity as objective
'I know what I know', he spouts
Ill-mannered, inconsiderate and obstinate.
How is he to assume the more demanding role
Of the one being spoken to?
No words, it seems,
Can convince him of his stupidity.
No words, that is,
Except his own.
Um.... ah.... um.... a poem takes form.
Ironically, loneliness is his theme
Nothing else can say what he wants to say.
Happiest is he, when miserable
Exposing his misery for all the world to see.
No one, it seems, is quite as miserable as he.
He takes care not to say too much
To make his point
He admits (in the mode of a tragic figure)
That there is nothing to say.
Logically, 'there is nothing to say' explains
Although failing to describe
What bothers him.
It seems that that can only be other people.
In them, real feelings express themselves
And a challenge presents itself for him to understand them
It is they not understanding him
That concerns me.
As querulous as it may sound
It is their obsession with 'reality'
That he objects to.
No amount of persuasion can convince them
That his feelings are real.
'Such as absurd notion demands an explanation'
He hears them say, but he is only prepared
To go on dreaming -
Observing others observing him
Isn't expressed in conventional terms.
Unbeknownst to them, he cares
And unknowingly they add to his suffering
As they refuse to acknowledge his feelings.
His suffering -
A product of a trivial pursuit
For universal meanings -
Is compounded by those who think him
Lacking in those human qualities
He most desires
He turns to someone, who,
Without her knowing,
Possesses them for him.
Kindly, she admits him -
Herself lacking the assurance
To comprehend the extent of his need.
She feels for him
As one would a child, an innocent, a poet.
His feelings exist in her eyes,
And his failings form
His 'uniqueness' -
For loving him.
Sufficent reason, in itself,
For him to love her.
Nevertheless he feels
An even greater need
To justify his feelings.
His reliance on her
Hers on him
As others see it
Their differences contain the germs of disunity,
And in their interdependence, signs of submission.
Again they see things in 'real terms'
Neglecting to take into account the power of the imagination.
She isn't what she appears to be
Her beauty transcends experience
With all pain absorbed in her -
He shares in her happiness
And is privy to her sensitivity.
She instills in him a new faith,
Another reason to write -
A belief in humanity.
This is what he must explain
To those who think him foolish.
But he remains aloof
Barred by a certain quirk in his character -
Whenever he tries to be serious
He gives the impression
Of being insincere.
When he tries to explain his feelings
It's as if he is the one
Who needs to be convinced -
His new found faith seems void
Without someone else to believe it.
Yet people want to listen
And give him the chance he's been looking for -
The chance to prove himself to them.
They're not heartless,
And would rather not judge anyone unfairly.
The truth is, however,
That he is such a fool
That he needs to hear his own words
From someone else's mouth
Before he can believe them. read more »
74.The Brown Dwarf of Rügen (From Narrative and Legendary Poems )
THE pleasant isle of Rügen looks the Baltic water o'er,
To the silver-sanded beaches of the Pomeranian shore;
And in the town of Rambin a little boy and maid read more »
75.The End..... The Beginning
She sits in the dark, staring at the moon,
A love so fragile died today, read more »
(dedicated to Mr. Krystian Zimerman, a great pianist)
a rich ethnographic
a vaulted ceiling read more »
77.Taylor Swift- Narrative Poem
Listen my children and you shall hear,
The life story of Taylor Swift loud and clear.
How she touched the hearts of many,
With her amazing songs plenty. read more »
It's a one of a kind tale...
An unbelievable, kind of adventure saga...
My life-story, kind of fiction, novel -
A non-fiction, sort of auto-biography! read more »
79.Lily Is Truly Beautiful
Lily was my co-league,
Never tired of fatigue,
Strong with her pen,
One female, while others were men. read more »
80.Brief Statement on the Snow Leopard
Let it be known that on page 12 where the
description of the snow leopard begins, an
egregious error was made in its description.
In no way does a snow leopard resemble all read more »
81.What Could It Be?
At birth it is a rather small
and barely visible at all
identifier for the folks
and butt at times for silly jokes. read more »
i grew up with the promises
sweet, golden, yet never fulfilled
i worked the meaneal jobs for livin wages, only there wasnt much to live on, merely exist
from sad ghetto windows read more »
83.Twilight the poem
A narrative poem about the book Twilight
Mountains of rain pouring down.
Slapping hard against the ground. read more »
Oh for the nights when we used to sit
In the firelight's glow or flicker,
With the gas turned low and our pipes all lit, read more »
New Narrative Poems
- Crossman, Edward Kofi Louis
- We should, hasmukh amathalal
- The Question! ?, Frank Okoth
- Girish Karnad, Your Nagamandala, Not You.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- HAPPY BORN DAY ALVIN, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- Dalit Literature, Let Them Write, You Wr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dalit's Case, Why Are They Handling?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Evocation & Imagination, Maria C. Pires Costa
- Touch not, gajanan mishra
- Narrative, Juliana Spahr
- A Sense of Sumptuousness: A Found Poem, Frank Avon
- art uncle jude, binod bastola
- Itinerary, Roberto Tejada
- I Boomerang, Michelle Claus
- Nameless, Charles Monroe
- Revelation's Finale' - So Close..., MoonBee Canady
- Living In Paradise, Lento Maez
- Respectful Narratives, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Definition Of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- From This Bridge, michael oliver
- From the bridge revised version, michael oliver
- Portrait, of i, Owen Bittner
- Invent Colors, gajanan mishra
- élan vital, Tori Pleasent
- Horns of Hattin, Mason Maestro
- Alankar(Decor) -98, Indira Renganathan
- Muir Woods, William B. Deutscher
- Portrait of a Poet, Leaking Pen
- Terrestrial Trance, Mason Maestro
- Which Is; Which Is, Luis Estable
- Whoever Did It: Cruel!, Luis Estable
- Mimesis: Morphed Magnetic Disks, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- The Literal Pain, RIC S. BASTASA
- I Drown In Words, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Strangely Substantial, Margaret Alice Second
- Leitmotif, Udaya Pant
- PANTHEON, Satish Verma
- God's Repentance On Yom Kippur, gershon hepner
- I once knew a girl, bill nye the science guy
- Sparrows, Chester Maynes
- Chells memory, michael oliver
- The Stories, Mohammed AlBalushi
- Mimesis: Morphed Magnetscheibe, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Political Warriors, Buxton Shippy
- Search, C. P. Sharma
- Soil, Alexander Keli
- To a Wasted Life, David Blake
- An ode to Russ Ligtas’ butoh performance.., Liyo Denorte
- The Poems Bring Me Back To Myself, Shalom Freedman
- typhoon, RIC S. BASTASA
- envy, envy, sad eyes, RIC S. BASTASA
- i like the way you write, RIC S. BASTASA
- BEATING THE BUSH, RIC S. BASTASA
- It Seems the English, Patti Masterman
- something is wrong, adil khan
- memory warp, , fraud and freud, gershon hepner
- Dance of Life, Nirmal Kumar Mishra
- poetry, not prose, gershon hepner
- Felons and Talons, Naveed Akram
- The Letter (iii), Jacqui Thewless
- Maya, Ilham Ahmed
- Hymn of the Bonekeeper(minor), Joshua Lee
- The classics, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Story of My Name, Naveed Akram
- The King's Summons, Herbert Nehrlich 2
- Ballet Rosette, Ahmad Shiddiqi
- Ballade d'amour, Ahmad Shiddiqi
- triptych, gershon hepner
- craft, faith and narrative, gershon hepner
- Most Fables, shimon weinroth
- Wayang Kulit, Ahmad Shiddiqi
- Kebyar Dance, Ahmad Shiddiqi
- Legong Dance, Ahmad Shiddiqi
- That long silence, Moushumi moushumi
- carpe diem