Nature Poems - Poems For Nature
Poems about nature. You can read the best nature poems. Browse through all nature poems.
Don't be fooled, it's Mother Nature –
Evil shimmers in the creature –
Absolutely nil of nice to greet you.
Only your selective mind has
Chosen what to see:
A pretty flower, furry mammal,
Butterflies of flashing colour –
Camels trekking on without a drink.
But do you ever stop to think?
Nature is what nature does:
The tearing up of flesh;
A scrawling victim dashed with toxin,
Struggling flies enmeshed in webs;
The cuckoo after all is just a parasite!
Darwin knew this many years ago –
The struggle for survival of the genes,
Using mighty panoplies of
Organisms: their machines.
But under selfish, brutal drive,
Crushingly, they survive and carry on
Through many generations
– And then again, and yet again...
Mutations, errors, and suffering,
Slaughter of the innocent –
So why be meek and reticent?
Dawkins chose to thunder on
And say his peace – God? How come?
Richard knows that when he goes,
That's it! Oh Shit!
You have a brain to model situations
– Those in which you're under threat –
So to help you thrive.
That is why you drive imagination to the limits –
Because you can…
You control exactly what to see through wonderment.
And so you cheat yourself!
A turning of a blind and silent eye;
Pretend that nature really is a glorious ride
Of beauty – just ignore the ugly side.
But sanity is what you crave
To steer you 'way from this depraved
And chilling life,
That has to face her: Mother Nature.
Copyright Mark R Slaughter 2009
Nature nature, Mother Nature
Nature, nature do you care?
Nature nature, Mother nature
Mother nature ate yer!
Nature nature, Mother nature
Nature nature are you there?
Nature nature, Mother nature
Mother nature hate yer!
Nature, nature, nature bait yer read more »
Traveling through space
Wandering atom attracted
Varied acceleration race
Escape angle detracted read more »
87.Y..... Don't touch it
Have you seen a fire?
I mean a big one with high flames?
Any human touching it
Will suffer intense and lasting pains read more »
88.Upon the lap of Nature
A lonesome bird
A whispering wind
A solitary cloud,
Nature is a singular scene. read more »
While walking along the road side
I may wonder why are, besides
Looking up for the beauty of the nature
Heading towards, destroying the nature. read more »
90.Natural Harmony - 2
Natural Harmony is ever in existence
for co-existence of refined evolution
towards which we all are placing
entire nature is arrested within a circle read more »
91.The great nature.
The world itself is a heaven
Where nature is kept in its divinity
Nature's wonders are our treasures
Respecting nature as a child's curiosity. read more »
92.Go on learning
Nature always stood, shrouded with truth as a humble guide,
Within universe; with Books and its Verses and analogy wide,
All enjoy the beauty of nature with stunning naked eyes
Why can't see the beauty of nature with the eyes within; ye wise, read more »
93.Why the 'Y'
From father to son
The mark of identity
The Y chromosome read more »
I always thought,
What is there in the nature?
Why everyone wants to be in the nature’s lap? read more »
NATURE read more »
96.Satyam Shivam Sunderam
Satyam is Truth
Shivam is Divine
Sunderam is Beauty
Truth is Divine read more »
New Nature Poems
- A Smiling Bird in the Beauty of Nature, Rohit Sapra
- We are scent of nature, Aftab Alam
- Collaring the Elephant, Terry Dawson
- God made Nature, chandra thiagarajan
- The Troubadour of Dawn, Terry Dawson
- Pollution and nature., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Courageous Girl (about a blind elephant), Terry Dawson
- Earth is Dead, Aftab Alam
- A Hardworking Wind, Terry Dawson
- The Skeleton Coast, Terry Dawson
- A Bounty Concealed, Terry Dawson
- The Elephants (revised), Terry Dawson
- The Beauties Of Nature, swasti jain
- Natural harmony, ramesh rai
- Creation, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Why the 'Y', Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Solar Flare, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Fusion - fission: energy of the stars, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Man vs Nature, V P Mahur
- Mother Nature, gabriel iglesias
- Willow Weeps, Heather Burns
- A Fallen Leaf, Heather Burns
- Nature, vishwa vish
- The Nature 2, Sir. Shaheer Ahmed
- The Butterfly, Terry Dawson
- Give Us Gold for Fusion, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Super Nova (a star is born), Udiah (witness to Yah)
- A NEAT Comet, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- The Heliosphere of Flux, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Nature's ‘Nature', Aftab Alam
- A Wicking Tree, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Changing Colors, Heather Burns
- Death Of A Dolphin, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- The Nature 1, Sir. Shaheer Ahmed
- Sonnet 59: When you consider nature all .., David Wood
- Fibonacci Fallen Leaves, Heather Burns
- Who are we?, gajanan mishra
- The Northern Front (the January- Februar.., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Universal Motion, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Flare Baby Flare, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Angel of Death, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- nature, piyush raj
- It's In The Water!, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Time To Pray, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Solar Furnace, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Stormin' Mornin', Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Nature, Jessica lee Workman
- Nature's blessings Spring, Morhardt Carmen Mencita Mono ..
- Will People Still Continue To Sabotage T.., Abdul Wahab
- Does Life Thrive If The Nature Is Not Go.., Abdul Wahab
- >>Nature, Abdul Wahab
- Too Much of a Good Thing, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Fail Safe Safely, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Headlines 1966, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- An Important News Bulletin, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- The Time of Shoddy, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Wonders Of Mother Nature, Vangile Mtyali
- Nature, Chirag Kapoor.
- Nature, ram kausik
- Nature Rejoice, Ellie Mabin
- HUMAN NATURE BLUES, Aldo Kraas
- Master of the Universe, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Thirteen Lines, Mark R Slaughter
- Mist Upon the Placid Morn, Mark R Slaughter
- Remnants Left Behind, Heather Burns
- Cloudless Day, Heather Burns
- Caring For My Garden, Heather Burns
- Our nature, Mthoko Mpofana
- Gaia’s Plan, Mark R Slaughter
- A Country Path in Late Spring, Mark R Slaughter
- Dawn, Mark R Slaughter
- Tortured Nature, Ronald Jay Fiesta
- Pantoum on Nature's Patience, Mark R Slaughter
- Nature, Hassan Raza
- carpe diem