Ode Poems - Poems For Ode
Poems about ode. You can read the best ode poems. Browse through all ode poems.
361.Ode to the Ocean
O Ocean, take me back to my Motherland
My soul in so much torment be! ||Dhru.||
Lapping worshipfully at my mother's feet
So always I saw you
Let us visit other Lands to see
The abounding nature, said you.
Seeing my Mother's heart full of qualms
A sacred oath you did give t'her,
Knowing the way home, ‘pon your back
My speedy return you promised her.
Fell for your promise did I!
That worldly-wise n' able be I
Her deliverance better serve do I
'Pon returning, so saying I left her.
O Ocean, my soul in so much torment be! ||1||
Like a parrot in a cage, like a deer in a trap—
Oh so duped am I
Parting from my mother for ever—
Besieged by darkness am I!
Flowers of virtue gather did I
That blessed by their fragrance she be.
Bereft from service for her deliverance
My learning a futile burden it be,
The love of her mango trees, oh!
The beauty of her blossoming vines, oh!
Her tender budding rose, oh!
Oh forever lost is her garden to me,
O Ocean, my soul in so much torment be! ||2||
Stars abound in the heavens above, but
Only the star of Bharat-land love I
Here are found plush palaces, but
Only my mother's humble hut love I
What care I for a kingdom without Her?
Ever exile in her forests choose I.
Deception is futile now, say I
Let you not be spared, vow I
Suffer the same pangs, cry I
Of parting with the dearest of your rivers!
O Ocean, my soul in so much torment be! ||3||
O Ye of Foaming Surf, pitilessly you mock!
Why go back on your word, oh!
Why deceive my helpless mother,
Oh why condemn me to exile so!
Was it in fear of England
Who flaunts her mastery over you so?
Fearsome though England may be, O
My Mother is not feeble so
Tell all to Agasti she will, lo
Who in one gulp your waters drank!
O Ocean, my soul in so much torment be! ||4||
[This is a translation by Anurupa Cinar. Original poem 'Sagaras, ' composed by Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, is in Marathi.] read more »
362.O Beloved Hindustan
O Beautiful Hindustan! Our very soul you are!
O, beloved Hindusthan,
The most delightful one of all you are! read more »
363.Ode to Weapons
Tiger, croc, snake, lion, one n' all predatory
Man survives on earth by the might of weaponry
Holds Shri Ram a bow, a chakra Shri Krishna Hari
To protect the oppressed, even the Gods wield weaponry read more »
Hail, You of Glowing Splendour, Might of Hindus O,
Divine brilliance blessed by Hindu penance so!
You prosperous Hindu destiny nonpareil,
O Godlike Shivajiraja, Hindu-Nrusimha incarnate, hail! read more »
365.Hind, the Beautiful One
Hind, the beautiful one, our motherland,
Proud Mother of all achievers grand!
Of poetry, age-old mantra Gayatri read more »
366.Ode to the Motherland
How did these Foreign devils
Invade your home, O Mother?
Was it, perhaps, not an invasion at first
‘Twere I who brought them thither? read more »
367.Hindustan, Our Very Own Motherland!
Hindustan, our very own Motherland!
To us Hindus she's life and our very soul.
Magnificent holy abode she is read more »
368.Ode To Iron Road (Part 1)
Ode To Iron Road (Part 1)
Love blossoms in an unlikely place,
The iron road, where nature meets ambition. read more »
369.Ode To Iron Road, Falling In Love
If love has come to us in the fragrance
Of today, we shall be its effusion.
As the green river flows below, our
Hands fingers convolute as we seize read more »
370.Ode To Iron Road, As I Hang
As I hang, below me the river flows.
Its green hue shines, as I pick at the stone.
My heart feels the pang of love for you as
I think of how to place the dynamite. read more »
371.Ode To Iron Road, Unseen Conversation
You take me to the middle of the tracks,
I thought of kissing you, we could not kiss.
In the dawn of this dream, we are not meant.
I saw you the other day, with a girl read more »
गोबाव समा बारगलांबाय
गैला गोसोआव आंहा
रोमै रोमै रिँखांफैयो
2012 मायथाइखौ read more »
New Ode Poems
- rainbow tail, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Gooder Ones, Tosin Abegunde
- Mother tongue instruction, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- Tattoo (Haiku), herbert guitang
- Ode To Summer, Tina Chan
- Alankar(Decor) -180, Indira Renganathan
- A Poster I Have Seen, Jacob Brailsford
- The Ode of Farewell, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- To Most (The Masses), johnny case
- Ode To Flowers, cristina briseno
- An Ode To The People, Allison Banks
- Overhung with You, douglas scotney
- An ode to Ego............., TD. Kumar
- None, courtney vineyard
- Ode To The Heart, Savanah Cox
- Ode of Abigail, Giorgio A. V.
- While teaching, Diptesh Augustine Sarkar
- Many a finer thing, Matthew Holloway
- Ode to the female form, Matthew Holloway
- The artistry of love, Matthew Holloway
- Ode to winter, Matthew Holloway
- My Ode To Love, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Ode to a Gentle Soul, Matthew Holloway
- Poem Title, Matthew Holloway
- A Spiders Web, Violet Montario
- An Ode to Halloween, Andy Jin
- Forgiven, but not Forgotten, Michael Angelo Legaspi
- Ett Skrik I Skogen, Skurtfan Kebnekaizer vocalist
- Kalhygge, Skurtfan Kebnekaizer vocalist
- An ode, Your Soul
- ode to pie, michael issac palmer
- Rose Leaves, Henry Austin Dobson
- The House of Odes, Pablo Neruda
- Ode to the American Soldiers, ashton karen
- (dde) ...........To You..., (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- To Those Of You That Do..., (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- For...One And All, (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- Here's To You..., (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- An Ode To You..., (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- For One And All, (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- Ode To Istanbul, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- To You..., (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- Stars, Natalie Zavala
- y Acrostic # III, Jordan Legaspi
- This...Is Life, (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- ODE TO MYSELF, JESUROBOOWIE GIFT IMAFIDON
- To You..., Waldon Pond Productions
- Ode to Mother Nature, Aditya Mudbhary
- ***Ode to a Cuppa Coffee, Sadiqullah Khan
- Ode to the Fallen Soldier, David A Harris
- Ode To A Robert Frost Poem, Nichole Kaci McKnight
- Ode To OM, Mittur Ramprasad
- An Ode to the Heart of Man, Alex Lewis
- Ode To Cheese, Life Poem
- Ode to a Meal of Life, Anthony Han
- Ode to a Blank Page, rachele ...duhh
- To An African Child Starving To Death, Rory Hudson
- nostalgia ***** ODE TO MIS. OCC. PHILS, Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- Ode to Bukowski, Paige Nielsen
- Ode to Love, Tyler Yarnelli
- Ode To The Forgotten, MIZZ MIDNIGHT FIRE
- Haiku Bleeding Hearts, A Poet Who Loves To Sing ... ..
- John Keats, MBJ Pancras
- Ode to Life and Death, Cynthia Onukwugha
- My Inaudible Ode To Love, A Poet Who Loves To Sing ... ..
- City of Love, THEO RAY
- Hey Everyone, She’s AUTISTIC!, Cheryl McDonnell
- #353 Haiku For Shady Gardens, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Someone Special, Nosherwan khan
- Ode to Sweets!, Chaotic Life aka Curly Mer
- ANOTHER BIG BANG, Dela Bobobee
- We will survive, Amera Andersen
- Ode To Father And Mother, Nosherwan khan
- Haiku Humming Bird, Nancy Chambers
- carpe diem