Pain Poems - Poems For Pain
Poems about pain. You can read the best pain poems. Browse through all pain poems.
A Meeting With Joy And Pain - Poem by Kelsey Clark
Both Joy and Pain are joining me this evening.
They are not accustomed to being together,
not to mention their natural displeasure
for the other’s faulty reasoning.
Joy has come with news
of spring and renewal of life.
There should be no room for strife;
it is pain we must refuse.
To heck with Joy, says Pain.
You are clearly entrapped,
by your own denial and neglect
of the horrors you can’t explain.
The two argue for awhile,
each with complaints
about the picture the other paints,
while I just wait and smile.
Suddenly Pain stops,
he’s noticed my smirk.
You’re enjoying this, you jerk!
Come on and speak up. Talk!
My face, now serious, turns to them both.
There’s a reason for this meeting,
not simply a greeting.
It’s a plee for understanding and growth.
Joy feels my stare.
What have I to do with this?
It is I who give you Bliss,
not pain and despair.
Tell me then, Joy, in what do you find strength?
Is it the non-existence of pain,
dancing in the rain,
or putting faith in an unseen wavelength?
And tell me, Pain, how can you say
that our troubles define us
even though One designed us
to worship in Paradise one day.
You two believe you are separate.
always at war;
seeing the other as inadequate.
Yet from the outside, I see the truth.
Pain needs Joy,
without it we’re destroyed,
because it is in Joy that we find love’s proof.
For if life were deprived of this,
the world would rot
right here on the spot,
from the hopeless cries that persist.
Pain is also needed in the world,
for without hardships
the soul cannot come to grips
with the presence of Joy in the crippled.
Most think Joy means content,
a physical well-being.
But this is deceiving,
for this was not Joy’s intent.
The true connection between the two
lies in faith,
in the hope of the saved.
The promise of being renewed.
As I look at Joy and Pain, I see a new light.
Their eyes look clear,
hate has disappeared,
and in its place is delight.
Thank you, says Joy, I’m now grateful for Pain.
I had not before seen
the underlying meaning
of my existence in the midst of disdain.
Pain, now soft and benign,
says I am grateful too
for the Joy and good news
that keeps mankind alive.
As the meeting comes to a close,
the two meet eyes
and for the first time recognize
that their identities are not opposed.
Comments about A Meeting With Joy And Pain by Kelsey Clark
Poems About Pain
- 1. A Meeting With Joy And Pain , Kelsey Clark
- 2. Novena Sire Prayer , Louis Borgo
- 3. My Pain Is Deeper Than... , Carmela Kazmier
- 4. Love Is Pain , Nikki Taylor
- 5. Darkened Pain , Aaron Yeo
- 6. Are You There God? , Samantha Hurst
- 7. Why Me , Sandra Soumahoro
- 8. Pain , William Clements
- 9. There Is Pain , wowbabii oh nine baby
- 10. Pain Is Greatest Feeling... , Isaac King
- 11. It's Silent... , Shawdy Baby
- 12. Pain , rebekah jones
- 13. Pain , Joe Johnson
- 14. Pain Is What I Am , Joe Johnson
- 15. Worst Night Of My Life , black heart
- 16. The Baddest Pain , Shannon Welch
- 17. Pain In Love , Tanveer Sharma
- 18. What Is? , Sky Welch
- 19. Devoide 2 , Timothy Long
- 20. Pain , Nathaniel Hayes
- 21. The Pain Is Just To Real , krystal allison
- 22. Why Is There Pain In This World? , kelly berry
- 23. .5. In Pain , David Threadgold
- 24. Life It Self In My Eyes , juleika martinez ferrer
- 25. Pain , Tiffany Johnson
- 26. Feel My Pain , jim little
- 27. The Pain Inside , James Davis
- 28. A Cemetery’s Condo , GuyAdler Dorelien
- 29. Grief Be My Companion , Steve Ricketts
- 30. My Pain , Annonimus Excretus
- 31. Pain! , anthony foote
- 32. My Weird Thrill , Juliana Willsey
- 33. If Pain Were Painless , Breanna Choma
- 34. You Are The Pain And The Joy , Waldon Pond Productions
- 35. Love & Pain...Are You , Waldon Pond Productions
- 36. Understanding My Pain- I Lost My Mother .. , Verna Riles
- 37. Pain , Cor VisserMarchant
- 38. Pain And Pleasure , kyle Drew
- 39. Broken , mike hayes
- 40. Pain , michele reis
- 41. The Word Stupid , Jassmine Bee
- 42. You...Cant/Dont , Jessica Hernandez (teardrop)
- 43. Concentration! , Shelbiana Scales
- 44. Take The Pain Away! (January 22 2011) , juggalette Tiffany ann
- 45. Pain That You Left Me , rose nite
- 46. Sweet Pain Of Mine , julio anzueto
- 47. Someone Who Will Be There For Me , Karate Girl
- 48. 022-You Are The Pain And The Joy , Waldon Pond Productions
- 49. Will Anyone , alicia wattss
- 50. It Aint My Fault , albert lopez
New Pain Poems
- Pain, Maranda Kuhl
- Pain Killing Me, Siawash Rustami
- Difficult Pain, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Beauty Of Pain, Jasmine Fafanyo Awagah
- THE REAL SONG OF LIFE اغنية الحياة الحقي.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Suicide, Bunny Boo Vana
- Mate Of Pain, sallam yassin
- Hit Me Now Or Never! !, LULU MERO
- God's Plan For Me, Dana Wilson
- Pain Is, Desserray Whitcomb
- carpe diem