Rain Poems - Poems For Rain
Poems about rain. You can read the best rain poems. Browse through all rain poems.
Rain In Travancore - Poem by Oliver .........
The rain now falls; its diamonds break, and break!
The rain here sinks like thoughts that lapse in mind;
Enormous and blissful, it drives its frenzy to wake
Up blistered earth's seeds extracting hoarded
Heat from flustered lips of thirsty trees; it
Evokes madness of water beneath the ground
That sucks in roots until their goings repeat
In secret day by day. Violence of clouds,
The end of sultry summer, the swords of lightning that
Would flash horrendously, and charging knives of winds
That'd rip some homes! The rain in June, the ground
Soaker, uproots some trees behind those pylons;
But aunt Betsy won't be afraid; she would stand
Absorbed in prayer, faith in God turning
Off her fears, despite the deaths around the wold.
The rain falls, cleansing the air; its march resounding
In hills; its hymns suddenly breaking on highlands
Where forests now dwindle with the greed of men forcing
Their way up, The kids, they wonder at baptismal showers;
Like torrents dashing off the rocks, they roam.
Now tropical green glistens; its watered glass
Undulating in soggy June, its unctioned form
Adorning the terrain as aunt Betsy's fearless
Mister daring out to work in a neighbour's farm!
Her folks, they fear the flood again; its curse
They talk about as rain falls; they scan the sky
Which begets the rain like a god; they stay indoors
While gorges spout the load of water into a valley.
Again the rain, again its rage above
The hills of Travancore! The floods swash in madly;
The Pamba swallows a hamlet its waters swirlingly move
Across the uneasy sight of aunt Betsy!
Does fate here rudely write its firman above
The folks? A forest bulges at the scree
Of a hill, where Pamba twists like a python, guzzling
All rain. Who'd dare cross the swashing fury
Of Pamba? None; The rain melody's loosening,
The winds are eastering as rain falls all over;
The rain gouges the loam, then straggles away, abating
At last. The rain's long and heavy; it'd tire
The earth by months; but as folks glance the earth,
The rain's soft too, for it'd nurture them ever, and ever!
Comments about Rain In Travancore by Oliver .........
Poems About Rain
- 451. Rain In Travancore , Oliver .........
- 452. Fall Rain Song , Natasa Tocuc
- 453. Late Fall Rain , Natasa Tocuc
- 454. What True Peacefulness Is Called , Secrets Of The Dark
- 455. Rain One Solutary Night , Nero CaroZiv
- 456. Walk Back To You In The Rain , Don Nguyen
- 457. Rain Water , Chester Maynes
- 458. Your Always Missing , Tin Mouse
- 459. 'Rain' , Z.I. Mahmud
- 460. The Day's Plans Go Awry , Steven Rodgers
- 461. Nameless He Forever More , Madeleine Burnhell
- 462. Rain , Bobby Pate J.r
- 463. In The A.M, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , david gerardino
- 464. I Cry In The Rain , jasmine ledgister
- 465. Rain On Me , maryam kazmi
- 466. I'M Missing You , sarit nahmoud
- 467. Pain Is Gain. , Darlington Chukwunyere
- 468. In The Rain I Became Clean. , tyrone allen
- 469. Rain , Dorian Melody
- 470. Heart , Taylor Vericker
- 471. Little Girls White Wedding Dress , chris bowen
- 472. Rain Rain , julz cal
New Rain Poems
- A Little Rain To Temper, Andy Brookes
- For Where There A Rain Bow Thus There Th.., Raymond Sawyer
- Some Rain, Rizwan Saleem
- Rain Fed Words., RAJ VIKRAM
- The Rain Bow Of Stars Is The Stars Of Re.., Raymond Sawyer
- To Feel The Rain Thus It Feel Like Being.., Raymond Sawyer
- In The Rain, Elius Rubby
- Rain..., Anamta Ali Pasha
- Let It Rain, Ravi Kiranamu
- No Rain, Charles Hice
- carpe diem