Red Poems - Poems For Red
Poems about red. You can read the best red poems. Browse through all red poems.
Red Is The Color Of Blood - Poem by Conrad Potter Aiken
Red is the color of blood, and I will seek it:
I have sought it in the grass.
It is the color of steep sun seen through eyelids.
It is hidden under the suave flesh of women-
Flows there, quietly flows.
It mounts from the heart to the temples, the singing mouth-
As cold sap climbs to the rose.
I am confused in webs and knots of scarlet
Spun from the darkness;
Or shuttled from the mouths of thirsty spiders.
Madness for red! I devour the leaves of autumn.
I tire of the green of the world.
I am myself a mouth for blood…
Here, in the golden haze of the late slant sun,
Let us walk, with the light in our eyes,
To a single bench from the outset predetermined.
Look: there are seagulls in these city skies,
Kindled against the blue.
But I do not think of the seagulls, I think of you.
Your eyes, with the late sun in them,
Are like blue pools dazzled with yellow petals.
This pale green suits them well.
Here is your finger, with an emerald on it:
The one I gave you. I say these things politely-
But what I think beneath them, who can tell?
For I think of you, crumpled against a whiteness;
Flayed and torn, with a dulled face.
I think of you, writing, a thing of scarlet,
And myself, rising red from that embrace.
November sun is sunlight poured through honey:
Old things, in such a light, grow subtle and fine.
Bare oaks are like still fire.
Talk to me: now we drink the evening's wine.
Look, how our shadows creep along the grave!-
And this way, how the gravel begins to shine!
This is the time of day for recollections,
For sentimental regrets, oblique allusions,
Rose-leaves, shrivelled in a musty jar.
Scatter them to the wind! There are tempests coming.
It is dark, with a windy star.
If human mouths were really roses, my dear,-
(Why must we link things so?-)
I would tear yours petal by petal with slow murder.
I would pluck the stamens, the pistils,
The gold and the green,-
Spreading the subtle sweetness that was your breath
On a cold wave of death….
Now let us walk back, slowly, as we came.
We will light the room with candles; they may shine
Like rows of yellow eyes.
Your hair is like spun fire, by candle-flame.
You smile at me-say nothing. You are wise.
For I think of you, flung down brutal darkness;
Crushed and red, with pale face.
I think of you, with your hair disordered and dripping.
And myself, rising red from that embrace.
Comments about Red Is The Color Of Blood by Conrad Potter Aiken
Poems About Red
- 1. Red Is The Color Of Blood , Conrad Potter Aiken
- 2. A Red, Red Rose , Robert Burns
- 3. The Red Dress , Dorothy Parker
- 4. Many Red Devils Ran From My Heart , Stephen Crane
- 5. The Red Dance , Anne Sexton
- 6. Child In Red , Rainer Maria Rilke
- 7. The Vanishing Red , Robert Frost
- 8. Red-Headed Restaurant Cashier , Carl Sandburg
- 9. A Red Flower , Claude McKay
- 10. The Ballad Of The Red Earl , Rudyard Kipling
- 11. The Red Flower , Henry Van Dyke
- 12. The Red Shirt , Philip Levine
- 13. The Red Wheelbarrow , William Carlos Williams
- 14. The White Ships And The Red , Joyce Kilmer
- 15. The Red Retreat , Robert William Service
- 16. Red Dust , Philip Levine
- 17. Across The Red Sky , Katherine Mansfield
- 18. I Love To Be Warm By The Red Fireside , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 19. Symphony In Red , Arthur Seymour John Tessimond
- 20. Red Faces , Gertrude Stein
- 21. The Red Son , Carl Sandburg
- 22. Red Roses , Anne Sexton
- 23. Red Riding Hood , Anne Sexton
- 24. The Red—blaze—is The Morning , Emily Dickinson
- 25. The Rhine Was Red. , William Blake
- 26. Whole Gulfs - of Red, and Fleets , Emily Dickinson
- 27. Reds , Raymond A. Foss
- 28. The Dormouse And The Doctor , Alan Alexander Milne
- 29. I Love Red , Alison Cassidy
- 30. The Ballad Of The White Horse , Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- 31. Fight , Carl Sandburg
- 32. Roan Stallion , Robinson Jeffers
- 33. Custer , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 34. Color Me Red , >Starr Williams<
- 35. Btwelve Red Roses #1 This Week , Barry A. Lanier
- 36. The Dole Of The King's Daughter (Breton) , Oscar Wilde
- 37. Thurso’s Landing , Robinson Jeffers
- 38. The Feet Of The Young Men , Rudyard Kipling
- 39. Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue , Jennifer Alejandra
- 40. A Gallop Of Fire , Marie E J Pitt
- 41. Bullocky Bill , Edward George Dyson
- 42. 1777 , Amy Lowell
- 43. The Drunkard's Funeral , Vachel Lindsay
- 44. The Camp Of Souls , Isabella Valancy Crawford
- 45. Red , Mark R Slaughter
- 46. The White Rose And The Red Rose , Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson
- 47. Casey's Table D'Hote , Eugene Field
- 48. Binge, Purge & Reimmerge , neo riddick
- 49. Red , Brooke Audino
- 50. The Two Dreams , Algernon Charles Swinburne
New Red Poems
- Anatomy & Physiolgy, Kaity Desrosiers
- On A Red Carpet, SALINI NAIR
- Guilty Red, Tracee Olga
- The Little Red Book, Christopher Waite
- The Red Shoes, Cheyenn Bartlett
- Letter [persephone To Demeter], Rachel Zucker
- Apple Cidar Vinegar!, Eva Tortora
- Red, Yvette Lee
- Red, Nassy Fesharaki
- Color Of Love, Sunprincess
- carpe diem