Poems on / about :
- carpe diem
349.Leaving And Glad
You've been here many years.
You've seen and made many shed tears.
But with patience and pray we've muddle through.
Now we can all just say so long, and goodbye to you. read more »
350.! Old Age Remembered
I never thought it would happen to me…
so, I wouldn’t have been reading this poem…
but now it seems it has. And now read more »
351.! a thousand poems
yeah yeah, nothing for you to boast about –
‘100 good ones would be quite enough…
no, make that 20 – who’s got time for more,
even if they were masterpieces…’ read more »
352.Dream Horse II (Revised)
Galloping, galloping in the night sky,
a pale dream horse and his dream herd float by.
There's no sound from their hooves,
There's no pound of their hearts, read more »
353.Ch 01 Manner of Kings Story 15
A vezier, who had been removed from his post, entered the circle of dervishes and the blessing of their society took such effect upon him that he became contented in his mind. When the king was again favourably disposed towards him and ordered him to resume his office, he refused and said: "Retirement is better than occupation."
Those who have sat down in the corner of safety
Have bound the teeth of dogs and tongues of men. read more »
354.The Rat That Withdrew From the World (trans. De La Fontaine)
The Levantines in legends say
There was a rat who turned away
From worldly cares and mortal strife
To live a holy hermit’s life. read more »
355.You're the angel, I'm the punishment
Encased in your feelings for me
I deal out your punishment,
However much pain there may be
I can never let this subside. read more »
356.My Younger Days/ Part II
Indeed time is a factor.
Years, Months, Weeks, Days, Hours and Seconds.
Before our eyes we learn about life.
A boat with no ocean is still a boat. read more »
Time is the subject on the menu today,
It’s the one intangible that never goes away,
Remember Christ Jesus has already paid,
So Satan can never lead you astray. read more »
358.Outside snow dazzled the air
each joyous dream bit twirling out from infinity
as I sat in Meng’s with the crew
watching the soothing streets without desire.
Suddenly I heard the exuberant sound of a kazoo read more »
359.A Lonely Cave Cowlasaurus.
My cowlasaurus just ain't givin' up the ole'milk-juice these days...
She's fatter n' usual. I milk and i milk er' till she's dry.This thirsty slump makes me cry.
My name's Kevin Caveman.From thirst i wish not to die.
I'll get into my catch mobile...You see that's my time machine you see. read more »
New Retirement Poems
- Stress = God Is In Control, Tom Zart
- Retirement, ramesh rai
- Position to hold, hasmukh amathalal
- 2 Divorcees Fighting For NOTHING, Mr. Nobody
- Four quarters, gajanan mishra
- Foremost among the Finest!, Stanley Collymore
- A Chat By Brothers, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Postwoman., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Final Morbidity of the Interior Embe.., Henry Splawn Taylor
- Pond in Winter, Frank Avon
- LIVE YOUR LIFE, Ken e Hall
- So What Next, Michael Mullings
- Retirement, Ruth Walters
- Shroud Unfolding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Spoils Of Retirement, david kush
- Retirement, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Energetic retirement, Eric Bult
- Jobless Asses And Horses, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Golden Estates, Melissa K Vigna
- Retirement, Toshie Nohara
- Easter 2014, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Sonnet for the utility of man, Danny Draper
- Misfits In Liverpool, oskar hansen
- Works And Pensions, Dave Alan Walker
- With No Resentment, hasmukh amathalal
- The AAP Activists Are Coming, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Road To...., Lauren B Called
- Spanish Nightmares, Douglas McClarty
- Look at back, hasmukh amathalal
- Florida Florida Florida, sherif monem
- Slug, Kjartan Sidney Khaldun
- Re-Renting Time, Jim Yerman
- My Therapist, chas garcia
- The Flower, Vipin Madathil
- Dead Horse Corner, Patrick Dennis
- Retirement, hasmukh amathalal
- No Poems, hasmukh amathalal
- Mission Superannuation, S.D. TIWARI
- His Waiting Lounge, Padmanabhan Ananth
- Retirement is just Natural, Dr John Celes
- One Generation Sacrificed, Jonathan ROBIN
- Retirement, Kevin Seales
- Poetry of The Light Divine, How To Write.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Ramshackle, GEORGE AMADI
- Monarchial Redeployment, Tosin Abegunde
- Charity and Business., Hardik Vaidya
- Golden Age, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Family Ties, Tosin Abegunde
- My Good Sister (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- 'Peace and Love' Tanka for Neil Young, Chenou Liu
- Windsor Knot, Donal Mahoney
- Why Poetry?, Eric Bult
- Nothing, Aparna Chatterjee
- Grandma Pit Bull, Kevin Rottweiler
- And Now, Les Littleford
- Civil unrest., Maria Shaw
- No retirement, gajanan mishra
- Work, Prince Lartey
- Grandfather's Clock, Ethan Biswurm
- Prepare yourself, gajanan mishra
- I'd Prefer to Live With Dogs, Madhav Sarkunde
- Vision with sight, hasmukh amathalal
- Once The Old Were Those Who Had Little T.., Shalom Freedman
- Time To Throw Down The Shovel, Steven Harris
- Where is God?, James Hart
- Complete stand, hasmukh amathalal
- The half doused camp fire.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Sir, Should I send a memo? Today is Fath.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Retirement, Chris Poythress
- Not so balanced, Priyadarsini G Menon
- Fate Being Bargained, Kevin Lee
- Seniority is not counted., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- SUPERANNUATION, vidyut chakraborty
- Mother – Daughter, Aparna Chatterjee