Retirement Poems - Poems For Retirement
Poems about retirement. You can read the best retirement poems. Browse through all retirement poems.
Retirement - Poem by Amelia Evelyn White
Retirement? What is retirement?
Re means, on the subject, with regards to
Or with reference to.
It means concerning, regarding,
About and or pertaining to.
Tire means to exhaust, to wear out,
Drain, fatigue and or to weary.
Ment is a suffix denoting concrete results
From a specified action.
Put it all together retire means
To depart on the subject of exhaustion
To leave with regards to being worn out
To give up work with reference to being drained,
To retreat concerning fatigue and
To withdraw pertaining to being weary.
Concrete results give you a state
Or condition of being free from exhaustion,
Fatigue and weariness as a result of departing,
Leaving or giving up work on the subject,
With regards to and or pertaining to
Freedom is the result of the specified action.
The action, R-e-t-i-r-e-m-e-n-t.
No more coordinating assignments
No more planning, directing, and reporting.
And no more turf maintenance or groundskeeping.
In regards to early morning I rise, I retreat.
Pertaining to landscape technology, I retire.
To review, research or analyze, I withdraw
And to assign, conduct and perform, I give up.
So I retire, depart and leave; I give up work, retreat and withdraw.
I retire on the subject, depart with regards, and leave with reference.
I give up work concerning, retreat regarding
And withdraw about and pertaining to.
I retire on the subject of exhaustion,
Depart with regards to being worn out
And leave with reference to being drained;
I give up work concerning fatigue,
Retreat regarding and pertaining to weariness.
I give up work, I retire.
Comments about Retirement by Amelia Evelyn White
Poems About Retirement
- 1. Retirement , Amelia Evelyn White
- 2. Civil Unrest. , Maria Shaw
- 3. The Retiree's Lament , Mike Green
- 4. Retirement , Rose Angel H
- 5. There Can Be No Freedom , Eric Cockrell
- 6. Of Berserkers, Cows, & Lady Gaga (17 Poe.. , sheena blackhall
- 7. I Appreciate Your Keeping Of Such Distance , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 8. Detailed To Perfection , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 9. How To Do Things 'Their' Way , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 10. Not A Life Worth Saving (Revised) , Margaret Alice Second
- 11. Date , gajanan mishra
- 12. Mother – Daughter , Aparna Chatterjee
- 13. The Best , Robert Rorabeck
- 14. At Home With Our Dogs , RIC S. BASTASA
- 15. Shut Up, Holden , gershon hepner
- 16. Learn To Dance , Carolyn Brunelle
- 17. In The Fields By The Sullane , Francis Duggan
- 18. The Retired Commander In Chief , Francis Duggan
- 19. If Nobody Is Looking , gershon hepner
- 20. She Has Her Plans Made , Francis Duggan
- 21. This Is The Lucky Country , Francis Duggan
- 22. Sid , Francis Duggan
- 23. Old Jenny , Francis Duggan
- 24. The Ex Government Minister. , Francis Duggan
- 25. On The Execution Of Timothy Mcveigh , Francis Duggan
- 26. Reward , Carolyn Brunelle
- 27. I’ll Show You Enthusiasm (Rev) 6.26.2008 , Margaret Alice
- 28. To A Country Of Infinite Dawn , RIC S. BASTASA
- 29. Born In Baryards , gershon hepner
- 30. Vic And Vo , Francis Duggan
- 31. Old Jimmy , Francis Duggan
- 32. On The Passing Of Dave Sheehan , Francis Duggan
- 33. The Semi Pro Punter , Francis Duggan
- 34. We Are Near Life's Finish Line , Francis Duggan
- 35. For Many , Francis Duggan
- 36. English Jan , Francis Duggan
- 37. Jean Hickey , Francis Duggan
- 38. Greg , Francis Duggan
- 39. Sixty - Two , Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- 40. For Whom The Toll Booth Tolls , Ted Sheridan
- 41. Dave ~ On Your Retirement , Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- 42. Poetry Of The Light Divine, How To Write.. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 43. Misfits In Liverpool , oskar hansen
- 44. Shroud Unfolding , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 45. The Washerman's Ass Find I Not , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 46. Studding , Stanley Cooper
- 47. Old Couple , RIC S. BASTASA
- 48. 050710c Worrisome Economy-Bail Me Out , Manonton Dalan
- 49. 051011d Try Harder , Manonton Dalan
- 50. 041010b When Routine Change , Manonton Dalan
New Retirement Poems
- Virus, Nassy Fesharaki
- Enjoy Retirement Dave (Bussokusekika), Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- Memories Are Made Of This....., James B. Earley
- May Day Wishes, Uma Ram
- It Is Time For Me To Go Home, Leong Ming Loong
- Retirement, ramesh rai
- Position To Hold, hasmukh amathalal
- Foremost Among The Finest!, Stanley Collymore
- The Spoils Of Retirement, david kush
- Retirement, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- carpe diem