Retirement Poems - Poems For Retirement
Poems about retirement. You can read the best retirement poems. Browse through all retirement poems.
61.'My Retirement Years' (For everyone over 62!)
Has anyone else noticed
the new working standards and means?
for those of retirement years, is this what it seems?
That if your able bodied to still work
your employer makes your job harder and act like jerks?
They take you aside and tell you your doing bad
this makes for your day, to be unproductive, quite empty and sad!
You've given them, some of the best years of your life!
So you could have two and a half children, a home and a wife.
But now the environment, your working in cause
walking through your humble abode
with your hands, in outstretching of claws!
I'm over the hill they say, not wanted anymore!
they'd like to have me get so upset
That I would walk out their door!
I thought at the end, retierment, would be my choice to make?
and not that done by some hired henchman
doing companies, pain in the butt heart breaks!
I didn't give all my best years
so I would be treated like crap!
I'll stand my ground, if I have to take it to the TOP!
And then they'll all see, just where
this so called old bucks going to stop!
No company is so big, that they can treat me like this!
I am an American who fought, so this company could even exist!
If they have a profit to make, don't take it out of me!
I fought for this country, so all people could have choices and be FREE!
Don't mess with me, I'm an American retirement age man!
And when I'm darn good and ready!
I'LL CHOSE, when I blow this pop stand! read more »
62.BLOSSOM OF A LOVELY LIFE
Right on the day we enter
Know well that we will quit the center
With the bonus of extended sixty
Well served with grace and plenty read more »
63.My Hero, My Dad
There was a time you held my hand
as a child too young to understand.
You repaired broken toys and shined everyone's shoes.
Regaled WWII stories at least a thousand times or two. read more »
64.The Spoils Of Retirement
Retirement is bitter sweet
For your whole working life
Ends up in boxes of
Things to save read more »
65.Latest Drugs On The Street
sacred drugs of society
changing with cultures
throughout history read more »
66.My Good Sister (Acrostic)
Greatness of a person is not measured by riches
Real importance lies in what the heart truly wishes
Accomplishing big things without love is useless
Continuous blessings when wasted become pointless read more »
67.Sir, Should I send a memo? Today is Father's Day.
If you are a corporate father,
Who seldom talks at home,
Keeps your distance away,
From Your loved ones, read more »
68.A Lonely Cave Cowlasaurus.
My cowlasaurus just ain't givin' up the ole'milk-juice these days...
She's fatter n' usual. I milk and i milk er' till she's dry.This thirsty slump makes me cry.
My name's Kevin Caveman.From thirst i wish not to die.
I'll get into my catch mobile...You see that's my time machine you see. read more »
69.! a thousand poems
yeah yeah, nothing for you to boast about –
‘100 good ones would be quite enough…
no, make that 20 – who’s got time for more,
even if they were masterpieces…’ read more »
70.General Fonseka’s entry into politics: Is it the end of democracy in Sri Lanka?
A new stage opens
on your life page
day to say our good bye's read more »
(An excerpt from an email to a recent retiree)
“Retirement is about not scheduling things, rather allowing things to present themselves or unfold naturally. For someone that's used to routine this can be traumatic. Relax...and know that what needs to be done will be done by choice not time. read more »
New Retirement Poems
- Retirement, ramesh rai
- Position to hold, hasmukh amathalal
- 2 Divorcees Fighting For NOTHING, Mr. Nobody
- A Chat By Brothers, Vinz Poetry
- The Spoils Of Retirement, david kush
- Retirement, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Jobless Asses And Horses, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Retirement, Toshie Nohara
- Sonnet for the utility of man, Danny Draper
- Works And Pensions, Dave Alan Walker
- Re-Renting Time, Jim Yerman
- Retirement is just Natural, Dr John Celes
- My Ramshackle, GEORGE AMADI
- Family Ties, Tosin Abegunde
- 'Peace and Love' Tanka for Neil Young, Chenou Liu
- Why Poetry?, Eric Bult
- Nothing, Aparna Chatterjee
- Retirement, Chris Poythress
- SUPERANNUATION, vidyut chakraborty
- Age - a number to cumber, Noor Othman
- Scuttle the Shuttle, Ima Ryma
- Retirement., Syed Anwar Yarkhan Jilani
- And You Can Have It All, Danny Draper
- ! Old Happy Face!, Marvin Brato Sr
- Single Blessedness (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- Happy Old Face, Marvin Brato Sr
- Retirement, Allen Brodell
- Growin' Old, Carolyn Brunelle
- Stories Made Up, Margaret Alice Second
- Forty Plus Years, Eric Cockrell
- Retirement, Rose Angel H
- A Wife and Her Benefits, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Calling Minds, Naveed Akram
- Retirement Blues, Joy Thacker
- Don’t exit your grave., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 051011D Try Harder, Manonton Dalan
- 042811A antly life, Manonton Dalan
- 042111G behind traffic, Manonton Dalan
- EARLY Retirement, PINONDANG SITUMEANG
- WORKING FOR THE LORD, david kush
- Thank You Ma'am Leah, Bonnevie Barcelita Galindo
- 050710C worrisome economy-bail me out, Manonton Dalan
- old couple, RIC S. BASTASA
- 041010b when routine change, Manonton Dalan
- The Sting of Conscience, Mahmoodul Haque Sayed
- Signs Of Spring, Merle Steinmann
- We loved them now not, DICKSON MSETI
- Retiring for Final Writings, Frank V. Gardner
- General Fonseka’s entry into politics: I.., nimal dunuhinga
- Fursat, Always Aparna
- Eastbrook, Gill Moore
- vulnerability, Boghos Artinian
- Off Piste, Matthew Coombe
- Hilda's retirement., Ruth Street
- Investment brokers, Jim Norausky
- Be Garfield For More Than A Day, LaTisha Parkinson
- fade away, gershon hepner
- 'Pre-Retired', Linda Winchell
- Retirement, Amelia Evelyn White
- Retirement dreams, john tiong chunghoo
- .5. Pension in a State, David Threadgold
- DIC, Herbert Nehrlich
- Dream, Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
- At Last, Carolyn Brunelle
- guilty, faith toney
- California Public Employees Pension, O Anna Niemus
- . Things They Never Told Me, Mary Havran
- The last of the sunny-sides-up, mark nwagwu
- *Retirement Plans, Ted Sheridan
- Retirement, mark nwagwu
- TAKE HIS ADVICE, Aldo Kraas
- Retirement, Theresa Ann Moore
- Ode to Barclay - a Very Special Cat, William Messent Jones
- BLOSSOM OF A LOVELY LIFE, Subbaraman N V
- carpe diem