Poem about river. You can read the best river poems. Browse through all river poems.
253.The Great Merri River
Through the old brown paddocks it flows night and day
The great Merri river from here far away
Through the coastal lands of Warrnambool on it's way to the sea
Older than the age of the Dinosaurs it pre-dates history.
It has flowed for millions of centuries of time
The river that has inspired story and rhyme
In Nature's four Seasons Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring
Through old coastal lands where the brown bushlark sing.
The great Merri river will flow forever more
To Warrnambool on to the Pacific shore
From it's dark deep pools the sea trout jump for fly
It has flowed through all Seasons and weather warm and dry.
In the long gone Dreamtime in the shade of the trees
The Indigenous people danced their corroborees
On the banks of the Merri in a corroboree ring
By the river they loved as they danced they did sing.
They had lived here for centuries before Europeans came
And for their beloved river they had their own name
The river known to all as the Merri of today
On towards the Pacific it babbles it's way. read more »
254.Well and river, inequitable.
A bath in a river is soothing to your skin.
But the river cannot replace the well.
From well water, you sooth your throat.
So the well has no reason to fear the river. read more »
255.From the Green Eye
Eye the river which is formed by why.
Eye as for the river my mind has been formed by the why.
From the green eye which is older than the last bend now strait.
Eye of the blood from one person the river of ancient times. read more »
Running... read more »
257.Visionary Dutch Toiled Prevented Floods In Jakarta
Indonesian administrations past present have failed to prevent
floods the Dutch built dams; neglected are no longer sufficient!
to hold back rising surging flood waters, urban planning experts
proclaim Jakarta's drainage system 'is still the same as it was read more »
258.Let us be like rivers, Love
The Table shall never meet the Fuji again
Let us be like rivers, Love
Great rivers, not mountains!
On their epic journey to grace read more »
Here is the river
And I am searching it
In the map that is
On the wall of my house read more »
260.Reading poetry on the Web
i wade through rivers
of diamonds, rubies,
plain rocks and stones
that criss cross the world read more »
261.Visit Malaysia Year Haiku - Malacca River (State of Malacca)
dazzling the history
of the old city read more »
262.Part of God
created in his likeness
the anger - thunder
the warning - lightning
the tears - rain read more »
263.RIVER OF LOVE
Come read more »
264.Visit Malaysia Year Haiku - Kertih River
our dream to make
the mangrove survive read more »
New River Poems
- Stuck in Between Blurred Line, Ashik Mahmud
- Water an epic story., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Am A Poet., Tony Adah
- Mein Nadi Ke Kinare Khada Huya, Ek Bahut.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Swimming the Allegheny River., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Over the river, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- The River, Knute Skinner
- A Dream, michael Patrick clarke
- Moonlight., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Rivers Flow And We Are The Wave, gajanan mishra
- Tangipahoa Haiku, J.B. LeBuert
- River To Share, Kelly Zion
- A Willow Weeps, Heather Burns
- River Of Life, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- At The Rivers Edge, Heather Burns
- The Mahanadi, gajanan mishra
- Tambourine violin, Miroslava Odalovic
- Cry me a river of tears..., Ruerd Visser
- Visit Malaysia Year Haiku - Kertih River, john tiong chunghoo
- Where Is The River?, maria sudibyo
- ***River, Abdul Wahab
- I know a river, Adesitimi Taiwo Damilola
- Remembering South of the River, Bai Juyi
- A Silent River Part2, Dwi utami
- I Feel Like a River, Kendra Tyler
- The Themes, William Cheesman
- River Feeling, Julian Mann
- Y.... River meets desert, Aufie Zophy
- River, Kara Johnstad
- River, Francis Julian Zewu
- The river-Rijeka, Miroslava Odalovic
- Dry River Bed, Esnala Banda
- i cry no river, RIC S. BASTASA
- When The River Flowed, Jim Sularz
- Thames! Beautiful Thames!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Raging River, L. T. Padgett
- The Story of River Nile with Egyptian Wo.., hosny Soliman
- Psychotic, Naveed Akram
- carry me (a river), Onalethuso Petruss Ntema
- A silent river, Dwi utami
- Do You Really Want to Know Me?, RIC S. BASTASA
- Free River, Patrick Dumas
- MOON SHINING OVER THE LONDON BRIDGE, Aldo Kraas
- no one steps twice on the river of life..., RIC S. BASTASA
- Ode On An Evening View Of The Cresent At.., Christopher Anstey
- All The Rivers, Elizabeth Stuart Phelps Ward
- *The memory river*, Dwi utami
- ' The River's Arms... ', MoonBee Canady
- A River Dies, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Moonlight river., neil derek singleton
- right across the river bend, alicia page
- a never ending river, Katie Lathrop
- Assets, Amera Andersen
- please do not ask me how a river feels, RIC S. BASTASA
- In Michael Robins’s class minus one, Noname Thanks
- Electric Eel Song, Slade Hopkinson
- Dams On The Cuyahoga, Holden Solo
- The River, Naveed Akram
- The River Flows, Kailey Jennings
- haiku - 12, Dagmara Anna AuraDagimar
- Rivers Flow, Shelby Jasmin Estrada
- RIVER OF WORDS, dr. ram sharma
- ' The River of Blood, Marria Attar
- Hermann Hesse and River Phoenix in Holog.., Sleep D
- Visit to Orcha: A visual exploration, Jagannath rao Adukuri
- MISTY RIVER, Aldo Kraas
- River of sorrow, Samantha Guinen
- My river bank, EmOzEd johnston
- Edge of the Water, Ludvig Von Himmelstein
- The Painter’s Agony, Sadiqullah Khan
- steady as the river, Connie Chambers
- Forgotten, Ankur Shrivastava
- River of Tears, stephen vega
- Visit Malaysia Year Haiku - Malacca Riv.., john tiong chunghoo
- carpe diem