Shopping Poems - Poems For Shopping
Poems about shopping. You can read the best shopping poems. Browse through all shopping poems.
Available Entertainment Here In Animal Land! - Poem by Jan Freundschuh
There are things we can do here
That we cannot do in the AfterLife.
That is because these are 'animal behaviors'
That are driven, unbeknownst to us
By animal drives.
Let's take a look,
(Discern the drives that we obey) :
There's hunting, for the males,
And fighting the competition:
We are busy 'bringing home the bacon'
And besting our enemies,
Who'd love to take our territory.
To keep our energy high, when no enemy face is seen,
We've sports to do or cheer for
(All those feelings have to go somewhere) .
For the ladies?
Shopping.....a 'discerning' kind of shopping,
Sops up some of that 'gathering' instinct.
Then both genders feel a need to advertise
Their charms to the opposite sex.
This keeps hair salons in business.
Fancy cars that are faster than speed limits allow
..Make a good piece of boasting...
...Showing off..... to catch female eyes.
The ladies have little choice,
Driven by barely heard whispers inside,
But to take notice of the 'bad boys'
Who seem to have those
High status genes.
And the males will be noticing waist hip proportions, as
Females who die in childbirth don't
Add to progeny number count.
Then, courting will coat the minds of
With honey, hard to see beyond.
Then the ladies will fall for the big-eyed
Helplessly wobbly babies that result,
And the men will have proved potency
And may take some pleasure in this, until
A personal relationship has a chance to
And both genders will
And both genders will
As mammal's bodies were built
These are the things we won't easily do
In the AfterLife.
This is what entranced us....
This, the appeal
Of Animal Land!
Of course, we are made of much more than this.
We have other drives,
(Many of us)
And we can express much of these here
(Perhaps perfect them later in
AfterLife's astral planes) :
We react to the arts.
We organize, create systems.
We even try to nurture and heal
Those who are not family,
Those who are as 'strangers in a strange land.'
These drives will seem even more compelling
when we're without our
They are 'of the mind'
And mind is less encumbered in the
The arts and the sciences
Will be seen as having greater urgency
By those who are dis-incarnate.
They will move heaven and earth
To reach those of like mind
....'Channeling' ideas to
Us, here in Animal Land,
(They want these ideas
To be put to good use) .
But a thin gruel there,
As we take all the credit.....
....Here it's our favorite pig roast!
Everyone is different.
Some adore Animal Land.
Others try to recreate wisdoms
They developed in the AfterLife
(Before they came to 'try again') .
Try what again?
How to be full of Animal Land drives,
Yet learn to 'harness'
Not be run away with!
We're all Charioteers-in-Training!
With many wild, wild horses to train.
Yet there is nothing more glorious,
On Earth or in Heaven,
Than the human who can race these trained horses.....
Horses who've learned to run....
(Cooperating with the driver....)
Horses that have learned
To slow down,
....To a quiet stop.
With 'run'' and 'halt' an equal joy
One is finally
The Player Of The Game,
No longer a plaything,
A prey thing
Of Animal drives.
And this is the Ph.D thesis,
The graduation requirement,
For our advanced students
In Animal Land
Comments about Available Entertainment Here In Animal Land! by Jan Freundschuh
Poems About Shopping
- 1. Available Entertainment Here In Animal L.. , Jan Freundschuh
- 2. A Matter Of Trust On A Summer's Day , Terry Collett
- 3. Lady Panorama Australia, The Poet, And P.. , Jerry Behr Number 2
- 4. A Politically Incorrect Tale Of The Poli.. , Margaret Kollmer
- 5. The Gallery Director , Kirby Wright
- 6. Copperheads , E. M. Schorb
- 7. Inroads Inside Outside On One Globe , Erhard Hans Josef Lang
- 8. Rescued By An Angel , Clarence A. Graham, Jr.
- 9. For A Place , Francesca Lam
- 10. Acceptance , Darlene Sable
- 11. Us Two , Marilyn Shepperson
- 12. A Friend , Julia Mccalman
- 13. Clifford Villa , Charles WOO
- 14. These Memories , Shah Alam
- 15. Black Roses , Billy J Smith
- 16. I Hate Shopping , Ibrar Siddiqi
- 17. Unattractive Opposites , Adam Holmes
- 18. God Is On Sabbatical Leave , dedy hidayat
- 19. Winter Fun , nicolas zapata
- 20. Pipe Dream Date Written.. , Clare McWilliams
- 21. Selfish , Donavan hemphill
- 22. My Thought Of Valentine Time , minaslune serene
- 23. Christmas , Franchesca Onken
- 24. Squezed To To The Walls Of Indecision Ma.. , Innocent Masina Nkhonyo
- 25. .2. The List , David Threadgold
- 26. An Impossible Task , Louise Tredoux
- 27. Shopping , Raabia Tabassum
- 28. Years Ago.... , Bullion Grey
- 29. Cow In Town , EMEPE PENA
- 30. The Critic , Mel Mackie
- 31. Cut Me , kerry green
- 32. Faithful Companion , Brenda Arroyo
- 33. My Christmas , David Whalen
- 34. Christmas 2009 , Rhonda Baker
- 35. Waiting , Doris Dzameshie
- 36. Everything Hot, Hot Everything , Sabidin Ibrahim
- 37. The Eye Looks Outwardly , Mo...
- 38. May We Be Forgiven , Maya Stein
- 39. The Ballad Of The Aldi Eazy T , Cameron Michael Redmayne
- 40. The Tour To Sydney , Charles WOO
- 41. Fancy Shoes , Donald Fredette
- 42. Stereotype Life , Dakota Ellerton
- 43. A Woman With Double Loss , U Win Kyi
- 44. To My Sister On Her 16th , Pal Eternity
- 45. Daisies In December , Bobb Marly
- 46. Shopping , Erika Martinez
- 47. Even Tho You'Re Gone , bobby beddoe
- 48. Translation. Alicia Ostriker, The Window.. , Sergey Zemtsov
- 49. 2020 Is Looking A Little Fuzzy And I Can.. , Beryl Dov
- 50. The English Riots Of 2011 , Barney Rooney
New Shopping Poems
- Window Shopping, Jaishree Nair
- Before Any Storm Happens, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- After That Pretty Summertime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- High-Octane Lovers, Simon Quperlier
- Oxford Street, Moto Wamwanga
- Shopping, Toshie Nohara
- Shopping, Connie Sky
- Old Age And Mercy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Christmas Disaster, April Humason
- Saturday, Niki Nicholas Nkuna
- carpe diem