Silver Poems - Poems For Silver
Poems about silver. You can read the best silver poems. Browse through all silver poems.
Greetings - Poem by Valmiki
Message from returning Rama, Vanars to Ayodhya brought,
Righteous Bharat gave his mandate with a holy joy distraught:
'Let our city shrines and chaityas with a lofty music shake,
And ourpriests to bright Immortals grateful gifts and offerings make,
Bards, reciters of Puranas, minstrels versed in ancient song,
Women with their tuneful voices lays of sacred love prolong,
Let our queens and stately courtiers step in splendour and in state,
Chieftains with their marshalled forces range along the city gate,
And our white-robed holy Brahmans hymn and sacred mantras sing.
Offer greetings to our brother, render homage to our king!'
Brave Satrughna heard his elder and his mandate duly kept:
'Be our great and sacred city levelled, cleansed, and duly swept,
And the grateful earth be sprinkled with the water from the well,
Strewn with parchéd rice and offering and with flower of sweetest smell,
On each turret, tower, and temple let our flags and colours wave,
On the gates of proud Ayodhya plant Ayodhya'a banners brave,
Gay festoons of flowering creeper home and street and dwelling line,
And in gold and glittering garment let the gladdened city shine.
Elephants in golden trappings thousand chiefs and nobles bore.
Chariots, cars, and gallant chargers speeding by Sarayu's shore,
And the serried troops of battle marched with colours rich and brave,
Proudly o'er the gay procession did, Ayodhya's banners wave.
In their stately gilded litters royal dames and damsels came,
Queen Kausalya first and foremost, Queen Sumitra rich in fame,
Pious priest and learned Brahman, chief of guild from near and far,
Noble chief and stately courtier with the wreath and water jar.
Girt by minstrel, bard, and herald chanting glorious deeds of yore,
Bharat came,-his elder's sandals still the faithful younger bore,-
Silver-white his proud umbrella, silver-white his garland brave,
Silver-white the fan of chowri which his faithful henchmen wave,
Stately march of gallant chargers and the roll of battle car,
Heavy tread of royal tuskers and the beat of drum of war,
Dundubhi and echoing sankha, voice of nations gathered nigh,
Shook the city's tower and temple and the pealing vault of sky!
Sailing o'er the cloudless ether Rama's Pushpa chariot came,
And ten thousand jocund voices shouted Rama's joyous name,
Women with their loving greetings, children with their joyous cry,
Tottering age and lisping infant hailed the righteous chief and high.
Bharat lifted up his glances unto Rama from afar,
Unto Sita, unto Lakshman, seated on the Pushpa car,
And he wafted high his greetings and he poured his pious lay,
As one wafts the chaunted mantra to the rising God of Day!
Silver swans by Rama's bidding soft descended from the air,
And on earth the chariot lighted,-car of flowers divinely fair,-
Bharat mounting on the chariot, sought his long-lost elder's grace,
Rama held his faithful younger in a brother's dear embrace.
With his greetings unto Lakshman, unto Rama's faithful dame,
To Bibhishan and Sugriva and each chief who thither came,
Bharat took the jewelled sandals with the rarest gems inlaid,
Placed them at the feet of Rama and in humble accents said:
'Tokens of thy rule and empire, these have filled thy royal throne,
Faithful to his trust and duty Bharat renders back thine own,
Bharat's life is joy and gladness, for returned from distant shore,
Thou shalt rule thy spacious kingdom and thy loyal men once more,
Thou shalt hold thy rightful empire and assume thy royal crown,
Faithful to his trust and duty, Bharat renders back thine own,
Comments about Greetings by Valmiki
Poems About Silver
- 201. Greetings , Valmiki
- 202. Your Real Teaching , Naveed Akram
- 203. Well Almost , Stanley Cooper
- 204. Silver , Gert Strydom
- 205. There Are , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 206. Silver Is Granted Power Over Evil , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 207. Sincere Thanks , Edward Kofi Louis
- 208. Silver , Naveed Akram
- 209. Money - Gold Or Silver , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 210. Silvery Lines , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 211. Less Silver For People , Naveed Akram
- 212. The Legend Of The Angel , Denis Martindale
- 213. Summer Of The Unlocked Door , Is It Poetry
- 214. Three Silver Screen Cowboys (Fun Poem 24) , David Harris
- 215. In The Beating Shade , Robert Rorabeck
- 216. Silver Cups , Richard Allen Beevor
- 217. All These Years The Well Looks At The Moon , Dónall Dempsey
- 218. Silver Roses In Bloom , Alicia Roseberry
- 219. The Caves Of Aklabadd , David Lewis Paget
- 220. Golden Children , Naveed Akram
- 221. Hear The Fortune , Naveed Akram
- 222. Back To Delight [rev.] , Margaret Alice Second
- 223. Wild Desire For Life (Revised) , Margaret Alice Second
- 224. Olympics 2012 , douglas scotney
- 225. Cowboy Heroes , Juan Olivarez
- 226. 2010/07/08 Opalescent , Margaret Alice
- 227. Evening Primrose In Moon's Shadows , David Taylor
- 228. Rising Star , AHO Speaks
- 229. Warmth, Not Wealth, Feeds , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 230. Holding Onto Silver Wings , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 231. Leaves On The Silver Moon , Nyein Way
- 232. Gondola That Sails Silver Now , Emmanuel George Cefai
- 233. Hide Your Fortune , Naveed Akram
- 234. Jim’s Mad , Suzae Chevalier
- 235. Add A Silver Rose , Margaret Alice Second
- 236. Golden Sword , Naveed Akram
- 237. Silver Fox , Zack Schaefer
- 238. Trash Bag , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 239. Grandmother , Sophia White
- 240. My Silver Plate , Joyce wolayo
- 241. Birth Of The Sun , Rajagopalan Kumar
- 242. California , zamarra venus
- 243. Our Golden Girl Casper Semenya , Jacques Sprenkie Mateya
- 244. Between Iron And Silver , Robert Hiers
- 245. A Night Flight , Rajagopalan Kumar
- 246. That Little Girl , Konjit Berhane
- 247. The Lone Ranger , Robert Edgar Burns
- 248. Fields Of Gold , Carrie Halliday
- 249. Silver And Gold , Clara Diskley
- 250. A Fairy Tale , Philip James Bailey
New Silver Poems
- Silver Rose, Babatunde Romeo BabsonAli
- The Brown Urchin, Anwer Ghani
- The Brown Urchin, Anwer Gani
- There Are, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Silver Pot., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Silver, Luo Zhihai
- Cliburn In Moscow, mary douglas
- London Bridge Is Falling Down, Anonymous British
- Let It Pass, TheNameless Poet
- New Sources Of Gold And Silver, Edwin Tanguma
- carpe diem