Simile Poems - Poems For Simile
Poems about simile. You can read the best simile poems. Browse through all simile poems.
109.Sesquipedalian (With Apologies To Ogden Nash)
My poems are somewhat, in fact quite a lot, not to put too fine a point on it, just a bit or, notwithstanding everything else I will say, a great deal sesquipedalian;
They are packed full, to wit, of long-winded words that don’t fit and ululating complicated and multi-syllabic, incomprehensible terms that feel almost alien.
I’m not sure if, for cash, that flash, brash Ogden Nash hasn’t had the notion of creating this version; if not, then he should have done
Or whether, if other bards in that scene had thought really hard of a means of fitting “sesquipedalian” in, they would have done.
But these trite tongue-twisters titillate the tonsils and test the talker
And I like lines that don’t quite rhyme, even though they ought to.
My odes ramble on as I try to make simile and metaphor fit.
I think it’s fine fun and that they just sound better for it.
But some of that ilk try to milk your emotions
With a totally misplaced unfounded notion
You should cram every short sentence;
Mine just go on and lengthen.
It’s not my fault that I chose
To be quite over-verbose.
Don’t have it in for me:
I’m seeking sympathy.
I’d love to be laconic,
But it’s just chronic.
Going for brevity.
I really do lust
To be brusque.
I ought to
I’m sure I
But my poems are somewhat, in fact quite a lot, not to put too fine a point on it, just a bit
or, notwithstanding everything else I have said, a great deal (but I’m sure you won’t mind as I’ve reached the next line, which is where I should stop and let the matter drop) outstandingly boringly, snoringly sesquipedalian. read more »
In a back bedroom upstairs stands an antique armoire-
a four by eight foot clothespress of Spanish dark maple-
ornate cornice and frieze overhanging double doors,
brass hinges and doorknobs gone verdigris, read more »
111.Doctor Doctor Hear Me Out
Doctor, Doctor, hear me out
I fear I've got poetic gout
I'm in the need of diagnosis
Inform me of my rhyme prognosis read more »
112.What is METAPHOR, anyway?
Quiet down, class
Mick wants to lecture you
about one of his pet subjects read more »
113.I Am My Poems
If you want to know me
Read my poems
If you want to understand me
Painstakingly meditate on my sonnets read more »
114.I Am Bent Upon
I have cherished a desire for long,
I have cherished a desire for long,
To gift you the gift, the precious one,
More precious than rubies and sapphires read more »
115.A random poem about my day in the life of my mind 2.5 (c) 11-09-09
Hearin niggas say that nigga Xeniyah got a nasty flow yo
Phrases, metaphors, and similes bigger than Abiyoyo
6’2 but still nobody can see me so tell me is it
I’m invisible to you people without Shelby vision read more »
116.daddy likes to touch me
Juxtapose like tears and fears
make promises that you tend to break.
Scream from the top of your lungs,
shoot yourself in the head. read more »
The squirrel scurried gracefully
through the forest as a bow upon a violin. read more »
118.The Flight of Birds
birds don’t sing in their flight
for them flying is a muse
they compose mid-air
weave agnostic verse read more »
hands flicker, the smokes hurries
And insignia like ice blows in appearance
So seated and commanding twisting joints.
Powers, so she use and sleep. read more »
120.Her Morning Beauty
Up the sun goes
His rays beg for acceptance
Her breath welcomes you
Her eyes the sun reaches not the toes read more »
New Simile Poems
- Ba: CXII: 'loosening the 'Un', douglas scotney
- God Created Poetry, Dr.Michael Brown
- Harry Styles, Kayla Thomas
- Similitude, Philip Hammial
- A Thought, john wake
- delights, dedicated to poetry, john wake
- Teasing Life, william mcgehee
- My Poem, Mandeep Singh 13
- Employ Similes Prudently, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Photos of War - From The Encampment Of H.., Warren Falcon
- These eyes are watching you, John Whitfield
- the last poet, Percy Dovetonsils
- Similes, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Simile (Pirouette), Leslie Alexis
- Burden Of Bad News, Megan Tucker
- Silent Spaces, Tribhuvan Mendiratta
- So dear....., Hareem Z K
- Candle Lit Dinner (What She Deserves), Robert Dominicci
- Who says I'm a poet, zama ashley helebe
- Bad Poetry Makes Me Ugly, Patti Masterman
- Is not Atma male?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' .., Dónall Dempsey
- Night Tarifs, Grayson Givens
- RELIGION, Satish Verma
- you won't believe me., Alison Rosalie
- MOON POETESS., Ebi Robert
- Women With Words, Tamika Stubblefield
- Him, Roxy Owens
- D.M.V. - Department of Muddled Verses -o.., Steven Silent Wolf
- A Common Addiction among Poets, Walterrean Salley
- Infectious, Udaya Pant
- MAN AND SEA (1), akram saqib
- ! These Eyes Are Watching You, Lorenzo Costigliolo
- Reflection, Nooruddeen Mathilakathveetil
- TO THE CUCKOO, akram saqib
- A Poem's Evolution, Fab Ricciardi
- Autumn Friends, Will Barber
- My Crime, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Never let the 'Hope' die...!, Ravi Singh
- University Menu, Adrian Cox
- OM, Mittur Ramprasad
- Piano Key Color Stream, Michael Timothy Rose
- My poetic mentors, James Hart
- ! ! S i m i l e, Michael Shepherd
- I don't want to talk about 'it'!, Sue Stone
- My Life as a mom, Karina Rosa
- Media Hype, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Pain and Desolation, Isiah On a Corner in the Thu ..
- Poems, Taylor Scherer
- Passion's Call, Danny Velasquez
- biography ***** FEAR ME NOT, OH PLEASE,.., Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- ***** EARTH IN FIGURATIVE ATMOSPHERE, Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- Arrogance of a Poet, Viraj Bhanshaly
- Together with you, Samweli Butobi
- Sometimes Poetry's More Similar to Polit.., Heidi K. Haskell
- LIFE’S PEARL OF WISDOM, Michael P. Johnson
- Why would anyone bother at all?, Mahfooz Ali
- the tenth poem, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not About Art, Sonny Rainshine
- YOUR VERBS AND YOUR NOUNS, DR.GENNY ANDERSON
- One Great Poem, Cynthia Onukwugha
- Garden of Change, T.James Becker
- twilight, alexis stanfield
- Role Model, Kholekile Monakali
- Most Fables, shimon weinroth
- Multi-Weaved Cloak, Stuart Logan
- efflugent and pellucid, gershon hepner
- Serial Killer, Twiggy C. Tubercio
- Beauty, Vidyadhara ...
- metaphoric mist, gershon hepner
- Writing, Indira Renganathan
- Seeds and Husks, Michael Pruchnicki
- What is METAPHOR, anyway?, Michael Pruchnicki
- When all is said and done, mes amis!, Michael Pruchnicki
- carpe diem