Snake Poems - Poems For Snake
Poems about snake. You can read the best snake poems. Browse through all snake poems.
The Original Sin Of Adam And Eve In The Garden Of Eden - Poem by Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar M.D.,
The devil knew that Eve was weak;
So chose to tempt the lady first;
A Liar by nature, Satan,
It asked Eve tell what God had bid.
Poor Eve knew not the wily snake,
And the Tempter's evil design;
She blurted out the truth God said;
‘They could eat fruits of every tree.
But not the one, God had forbade,
For, death befell the one who ate.'
But Satan told innocent Eve,
It wasn't the truth what God had said.
By eating fruit of ‘knowledge' tree,
One came to know the good from bad!
Your eyes open, you'll be like Gods,
And never die as God had said.
Poor Eve believed the charming words
Uttered by mouth of wily snake!
The tree looked good, so would its fruit;
She thought the snake had told the truth!
The apple looked so enticing
That Eve decided to taste it.
She longed for the wisdom it brought,
And so decided to eat it.
She ate some fruits and took one to
The sleeping Adam; made him eat!
Adam also ate the fruit brought;
They realized they were naked!
Eve was the first to fall in sin
And succumbed to the temptation;
She did not stop with her folly
But made her husband do the same!
The moment, they had eaten then,
Their nakedness, they realized;
They made loin-cloths out of fig leaves
to hide their nudity from God.
They hid amidst the garden trees,
But God called them in a loud voice;
Adam threw the blame upon Eve,
And ate the fruit because she gave!
When God asked Eve, she threw the blame
Upon the snake who tempted her;
Thus was the original sin
Committed by our first parents!
The Tempter knew how to deceive
The lady first, through her the man;
To make the man first eat the fruit
Was perhaps not an easier thing!
And so, the crafty devil lied;
The woman Eve in him believed;
They committed the first big sin,
For now, the Liar seemed to win!
‘The snake became accursed of all
Bellying its way all through its life;
And eat dust as long as it lived.' -
The punishment pronounced by God!
When God had asked both Adam, Eve,
If they disobeyed His command,
They tried to blame the next for it,
Persisting in their lie to God.
Eve would bear children with great pain;
And yearn for her husband all life;
Adam would have to till the soil,
And get food-crops by sweat and toil!
As Adam put the blame on Eve;
As though he knew not God's command;
They weren't aware of God's wisdom,
And hence were banished from Eden!
Had they accepted their fault then,
Perhaps God could have forgiven;
And mankind could have still been saved,
From exile from Eden Garden!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 2-7-12
Comments about The Original Sin Of Adam And Eve In The Garden Of Eden by Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar M.D.,
Poems About Snake
- 51. The Original Sin Of Adam And Eve In The .. , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 52. World's Most Wanted -Haiku , 2bpositive 2bpositive
- 53. No End , hasmukh amathalal
- 54. Scarry Moment.. , veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- 55. St. Abune Aregawi , Pete Crowther
- 56. A Frog And A Toad , Juan Olivarez
- 57. 010. The Snake , John Westlake
- 58. Snakes , sandy nobody
- 59. A Boy And A Frog (Kids Stuff) , Sally Plumb Plumb
- 60. Rainbow Snake , Raj Arumugam
- 61. Lion's Den , gajanan mishra
- 62. What Really Happened In The Garden Of Eden , Kim Barney
- 63. Snake, Lawyer, Stick …… [divorce; Courtr.. , Bri Edwards
- 64. (100 Words = Ekatolexon) Therapists Are.. , Christos Rodoulla Tsiailis
- 65. The Snake , Homen Borgohain
- 66. Ph Topic Field, “required”; My Response .. , Bri Edwards
- 67. Snakes: A Haiku Sequence , R.K. Singh
- 68. A Blank Page , David Lewis Paget
- 69. What Is Lust? , veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- 70. (06) Folly , Lubna S. Khan
- 71. Independence , karthik kannan
- 72. Early Prose: About Nature - A Waterfall , George Krokos
- 73. A Witch Sat In Her Rocking Chair! ! , Pamela lutwyche
- 74. In-Convenience , Paul Hansford
- 75. Snake Charmer , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 76. Proximate Words Of Good And Evil , Ted Sheridan
- 77. Moonlight-Blessed , Raj Arumugam
- 78. Eyes Over Eyes , Aftab Alam
- 79. The Snake Gourd Blossoms , Masaoka Shiki
- 80. 'Scout's Honor' , Kelly Seale
- 81. The Snake & The Apple , Paula Glynn
- 82. Snake Bite , Janelle Morehart
- 83. 1. The Real Snake Is Twisting In The Mouth , john tiong chunghoo
- 84. Snakes , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 85. A Dead Snake , Samanyan Lakshminarayanan
- 86. Just Another Limerick , Herbert Nehrlich
- 87. The Great Men Born Of Higher Genetic Inh.. , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 88. Is It Worth It? , ivor or ivor.e hogg
- 89. I Am Terrifed , gajanan mishra
- 90. The Hole In The Bathroom Wall , David Lewis Paget
- 91. What Shall I Do To Our World? , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 92. George And Me , Denis Mair
- 93. Blind Side , Bhavya Vora
- 94. Eyes Of The Snake , Randy McClave
- 95. My Friend, Jack , Kristen Brown
- 96. The Wooden Been Music Of The Snake Charm.. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 97. Venomous , Taslima Nasrin
- 98. An Ugly Cigarette , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 99. Buddha-Death , Masaoka Shiki
- 100. Even Snake Gourds , Masaoka Shiki
New Snake Poems
- Harmless Snake, raff rafael
- Periodical Change., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Snake In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Haiku-The Crocodile, loke kok yee
- A Scary Encounter, Valsa George
- Snake That Too Beautiful!, gajanan mishra
- Daramoolen And The Dreamtime, Keith Johnson
- Snakes And Mr. Baines, Curtisj Johnson
- Bird And Snake, gajanan mishra
- Isis Also 666 Also Isis, Charles Hice
- carpe diem