Snow Poems - Poems For Snow
Poems about snow. You can read the best snow poems. Browse through all snow poems.
The Walker Of The Snow - Poem by Charles Dawson Shanly
Speed on, speed on, good master!
The camp lies far away;
We must cross the haunted valley
Before the close of day.
How the snow-blight came upon me
I will tell you as we go,—
The blight of the Shadow-hunter,
Who walks the midnight snow.
To the cold December heaven
Came the pale moon and the stars,
As the yellow sun was sinking
Behind the purple bars.
The snow was deeply drifted
Upon the ridges drear,
That lay for miles around me
And the camp for which we steer.
’T was silent on the hillside,
And by the solemn wood
No sound of life or motion
To break the solitude,
Save the wailing of the moose-bird
With a plaintive note and low,
And the skating of the red leaf
Upon the frozen snow.
And said I,—“Though dark is falling,
And far the camp must be,
Yet my heart it would be lightsome,
If I had but company.”
And then I sang and shouted,
Keeping measure, as I sped,
To the harp-twang of the snow-shoe
As it sprang beneath my tread;
Nor far into the valley
Had I dipped upon my way,
When a dusky figure joined me,
In a capuchon of gray,
Bending upon the snow-shoes,
With a long and limber stride;
And I hailed the dusky stranger,
As we travelled side by side.
But no token of communion
Gave he by word or look,
And the fear-chill fell upon me
At the crossing of the brook.
For I saw by the sickly moonlight,
As I followed, bending low,
That the walking of the stranger
Left no footmarks on the snow.
Then the fear-chill gathered o’er me,
Like a shroud around me cast,
As I sank upon the snow-drift
Where the Shadow-hunter passed.
And the otter-trappers found me,
Before the break of day,
With my dark hair blanched and whitened
As the snow in which I lay.
But they spoke not as they raised me;
For they knew that in the night
I had seen the Shadow-hunter,
And had withered in his blight.
Sancta Maria speed us!
The sun is falling low,—
Before us lies the valley
Of the Walker of the Snow!
Comments about The Walker Of The Snow by Charles Dawson Shanly
Poems About Snow
- 101. The Walker Of The Snow , Charles Dawson Shanly
- 102. Fifty Words For Snow , John F. McCullagh
- 103. Snow , gajanan mishra
- 104. Snow A Sonnet , Kumarmani Mahakul
- 105. A Winter Of Discontent , sylvia spencer
- 106. Heavily Snowing , Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- 107. A Snowy Sunset , Miranda Will
- 108. Winter , Rebecca Richardson
- 109. (short Story) In The End , Elisia Cardona
- 110. Written In Snow , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 111. X..... Snow , Aufie Zophy
- 112. Blizzard Of 2006 , jim foulk
- 113. Story Of Snow. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 114. Snow White Transparent , Elizabeth Rebel
- 115. The Song Of Hiawatha Ii: The Four Winds , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 116. Lament , robert dickerson
- 117. White Christmas , Kim Barney
- 118. ~where The Polar Winds Blow , Adeline Foster
- 119. Although The Snow Is Beautiful , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 120. S-N-O-W , Ashley Jensen
- 121. *****winter***** , Pali Girl S...
- 122. My American Flag , Maria Robbins
- 123. The Burial In The Snow , Julia Ann Moore
- 124. Snow In The Mountains , N N
- 125. The Demon Snow-Shoes (A Legend Of Kiandra) , Barcroft Henry Thomas Boake
- 126. Capture The Moment , Sadiqullah Khan
- 127. Scenes From A New England Winter , Jim Milks
- 128. Layer Upon Layer Snow Everywhere! , Ramesh T A
- 129. Winter's History , Emily Liang
- 130. Snow , Carl Sandburg
- 131. Glistening Snow , norman hale
- 132. Change , Purushottam Dhakal
- 133. To Snow , Imtiyaz Muhammad
- 134. Snow , Afrooz Jafarinoor
- 135. Snow Covered Mountains. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 136. No Snow At All , Frank Avon
- 137. Snow , Claire Page
- 138. Snow On Snow , James Hart
- 139. A Walk On The Snow , Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- 140. The Heart Of Snow , Miroslava Odalovic
- 141. When Mr. Snow Plays With Humans , Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- 142. ~a Love~ , Sinnaminsun Sinnaminsun
- 143. Those Magical Snow Days , Marilyn Lott
- 144. Snow Drifts , Margaret O Driscoll
- 145. And The Snow Fell , Michael Pruchnicki
- 146. Christmas Is Coming! , Dónall Dempsey
- 147. The Song Of Hiawatha Xx: The Famine , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 148. First Snow (Haibun) , Connie Marcum Wong
- 149. A Snowy Scene , Gita Ashok
- 150. A Gorgeous Ice Palace [rev.] , Margaret Alice Second
New Snow Poems
- Annville Paradise April Snow Wonderland, NHIEN NGUYEN MD
- I Looked At The Snow In Nanning, Hone Wong
- The Snow Queen, Anahit Arustamyan
- Longing For My Homeland, My Sadness Mel.., NHIEN NGUYEN MD
- Snow Fairy, Rainbow Blessings
- Ice Or Snow, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Layer Upon Layer Snow Everywhere!, Ramesh T A
- Story Of Snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- When Snow Falls Anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- White Nocturne, Conrad Potter Aiken