Soldier Poems - Poems For Soldier
Poems about soldier. You can read the best soldier poems. Browse through all soldier poems.
Judgement For A Soldier - Poem by Summer Sandercox
The soldier stood and faced God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining,
Just as brightly as his brass.
'Step forward now, you soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My Church have you been true? '
The soldier squared his shoulders,
and said, 'No, Lord, I guess I ain't.
Because those of us who carry guns,
Can't always be a saint.
I've had to work most Sundays,
And at times my talk was tough.
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.
But, I never took a penny
That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime
When the bills got just too steep.
And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.
I know I don't deserve a place
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around,
Except to calm their fears.
If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand.'
There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints had often trod.
As the soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.
'Step forward now, you soldier,
You've borne your burdens well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell.'
Comments about Judgement For A Soldier by Summer Sandercox
Poems About Soldier
- 1. Judgement For A Soldier , Summer Sandercox
- 2. Dear Soldier... , shweta advani
- 3. House , Carl Sandburg
- 4. Beheading. , Hardik Vaidya
- 5. John Ericsson Day Memorial, 1918 , Carl Sandburg
- 6. Society , Madrason writer
- 7. Baby Saves The Day , Christina Sunrise
- 8. Not Born In Sin , Christina Sunrise
- 9. Soldier And Poet , gajanan mishra
- 10. The Dead Soldier , Dora Sigerson Shorter
- 11. Soldier , Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- 12. Kittie’s Toys , Dora Sigerson Shorter
- 13. For The Silent Soldiers Left Behind , mary catherine
- 14. A Soldier , sania harris
- 15. Victorious Soldier , Megan Streett
- 16. The Boy Patriot , James Whitcomb Riley
- 17. Soldier , Edward Kofi Louis
- 18. The Messenger , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 19. The Vietnam War: The Pacification Of My .. , sheena blackhall
- 20. Salute To An American Soldier , Yen Cress
- 21. Every Soldier Has A Dream , Paul McCann
- 22. A Soldier I , d matthew cahill
- 23. Unknown Soldier , Devin Weseen
- 24. I Was A Soldier Once , Rik Bertrand
- 25. I Don'T Know Why You Think , Nicolás Guillén
- 26. Loving A Soldier , kriston mchugh
- 27. Old Soldier. , Tony Adah
- 28. Soldier Me , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 29. Lenexa Baptist Church Poet Tom Zart’s = .. , Tom Zart
- 30. Tom Zart's 52 Best Of The Rest America .. , Tom Zart
- 31. The Soldier's Wife , Windsor Guadalupe Jr
- 32. Soldier Stands Tall , Randy McClave
- 33. Prayer To St Sebastian , Justin Reamer
- 34. Astonishing Travels , Naveed Akram
- 35. Silence Is Golden , Denis Martindale
- 36. Working Class Soldier , oskar hansen
- 37. Love A Mortal Who Writes , Windsor Guadalupe Jr
- 38. My Soldier! ! ! , Becky Ginn
- 39. Deserter , Naveed Akram
- 40. The Soldier’s Wife , Sadiqullah Khan
- 41. Soldier Boy , John Carter Brown
- 42. The Lt , Michael Pruchnicki
- 43. A Story Of Two Soldiers , Patti Masterman
- 44. Shameful Soldier , Windsor Guadalupe Jr
- 45. Kingly , Nassy Fesharaki
- 46. A Soldier's Sense Of Love! , Ramesh T A
- 47. Soldiering On , Ima Ryma
- 48. Defunct Soldier , oskar hansen
- 49. The P.O.W. Must , Ima Ryma
- 50. Soldierly , Edgar Albert Guest
New Soldier Poems
- Yes I Am A Soldier, spandan dash
- Killer On The Road, John Castellenas
- Christ And The Soldier, Siegfried Sassoon
- Fight, Soldier, Fight, Lisbon Tawanda Chigwenjere
- The Blue Light, Cheyenn Bartlett
- The Soldier Gives The Right, Jon M. Nelson
- The Soldier And The Common Man, rohan bendre
- Heart Of A Soldier, Crystal Garcia
- Live Like A Soldier, Aishal madaan
- Run Soldier Run, KHAYA CLARENCE
- carpe diem