Son Poems - Poems For Son
Poems about son. You can read the best son poems. Browse through all son poems.
13.A Christmas Carol
THREE DAMSELS in the queen’s chamber,
The queen’s mouth was most fair;
She spake a word of God’s mother
As the combs went in her hair.
Mary that is of might,
Bring us to thy Son’s sight.
They held the gold combs out from her,
A span’s length off her head;
She sang this song of God’s mother
And of her bearing-bed.
Mary most full of grace,
Bring us to thy Son’s face.
When she sat at Joseph’s hand,
She looked against her side;
And either way from the short silk band
Her girdle was all wried.
Mary that all good may,
Bring us to thy Son’s way.
Mary had three women for her bed,
The twain were maidens clean;
The first of them had white and red,
The third had riven green.
Mary that is so sweet,
Bring us to thy Son’s feet.
She had three women for her hair,
Two were gloved soft and shod;
The third had feet and fingers bare,
She was the likest God.
Mary that wieldeth land,
Bring us to thy Son’s hand.
She had three women for her ease,
The twain were good women:
The first two were the two Maries,
The third was Magdalen.
Mary that perfect is,
Bring us to thy Son’s kiss.
Joseph had three workmen in his stall,
To serve him well upon;
The first of them were Peter and Paul,
The third of them was John.
Mary, God’s handmaiden,
Bring us to thy Son’s ken.
“If your child be none other man’s,
But if it be very mine,
The bedstead shall be gold two spans,
The bedfoot silver fine.”
Mary that made God mirth,
Bring us to thy Son’s birth.
“If the child be some other man’s,
And if it be none of mine,
The manger shall be straw two spans,
Betwixen kine and kine.”
Mary that made sin cease,
Bring us to thy Son’s peace.
Christ was born upon this wise,
It fell on such a night,
Neither with sounds of psalteries,
Nor with fire for light.
Mary that is God’s spouse,
Bring us to thy Son’s house.
The star came out upon the east
With a great sound and sweet:
Kings gave gold to make him feast
And myrrh for him to eat.
Mary, of thy sweet mood,
Bring us to thy Son’s good.
He had two handmaids at his head,
One handmaid at his feet;
The twain of them were fair and red,
The third one was right sweet.
Mary that is most wise,
Bring us to thy Son’s eyes. Amen. read more »
14.Father & Son
There is the family photograph
That is your father’s face,
There is your father’s father
Grey-gathering years apace; read more »
15.Son Davie! Son Davie!
'What bluid's that on thy coat lap?
Son Davie! Son Davie!
What bluid's that on thy coat lap?
And the truth come tell to me, O.' read more »
16.Choses du soir
Le brouillard est froid, la bruyère est grise ;
Les troupeaux de boeufs vont aux abreuvoirs ;
La lune, sortant des nuages noirs, read more »
My Husband's Grandmother,
who had reached the grand old age of 98 years,
died one 23rd of December,
and as her funeral couldn't be organised read more »
18.The Faces Of Our Women
Mary didn't give birth to God.
Mary isn't the mother of God.
Mary is one mother among many mothers.
Mary gave birth to a son, read more »
19.WIthout my son
When I am alone, without my son,
I cry, I change, I am alone again, without anyone to love,
Love is the most valued posession,
Without my son I am nothing, but I am relieved, read more »
Kai, my sensitive son.
An old soul.
So much to teach.
My son read more »
21.Dad and Son
A dad, a son,
One life, one love,
A road, all alone,
One last strife, from above. read more »
22.Father, son, spirit
The father conceives his son
the son grows with his father
the spirit allows the heritage
Father, son, spirit. The father says sweet things to his son read more »
If Thou, Lord God, willest to judge
This, Thy very piteous clay
Which to save Christ did not grudge
His last dying, I shall say: read more »
As up and down I fare by road and street
The mothers of our men-at-arms I meet
Who die for mine and me,
That we go safe and free, read more »
New Son Poems
- Heavens Gossip, Adeosun Olamide
- Stolen Vehicles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Old Papa Goes To Town., Tony Adah
- IT IS NATURE OF ALL MOTHERS, alexander opicho
- From Happenings in My Dream, Adeosun Olamide
- O Policeman, Beat You Not The The Other .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Haiku inspired by Teoh Beng Hock, john tiong chunghoo
- What can i do his my Son, salma. torrez
- The Lord my God is One, Royston Allen
- The War Game, Jaya Jaspal
- Will Always Love You My Son, fred sweetguy
- I Love Thee Three, shery vincent nazrath
- Two Types, gajanan mishra
- Tut, Sezai Karakoç
- Have Mercy On Me Son Of David, Gideon Arthur
- The Disavowal, Muzaffar al-Nawwab
- Bad son, gajanan mishra
- LIKE FATHER LIKE SON, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Son/Sun, nicholas sardinha
- A Pair Of Eyes, Heather Burns
- Once Upon A Dad, Brijaal Dana
- Two Sons, gajanan mishra
- 'Proud Father', Marvin Brato Sr
- God World, Alexander Coppedge
- I Am Africa, Makabongwe Nkambule
- Know Tour Place, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Hey Shabab, Where Is My Son?, sallam yassin
- All because I never believed, Sharifa Palmer
- The Shadow of Ra, Jevon Wray
- Praise me not., Charles Jagongo
- mothers love, raju raj
- An African Mother Advice, Charles Bernard
- Y..... Zebra, Aufie Zophy
- Ô qu'heureux est celui qui peut passer s.., Joachim du Bellay
- Mom said, fate mcfate
- I SAW A LOVELY ENCOUNTER, Dicky Cantrell
- Lelek To Me Forvever / Lelek Meni Zauvijek, Miroslava Odalovic
- YOUNG SONS, Bill Mitton
- My Son, Aufie Zophy
- We Cry, Brad Phillips
- My clan, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Hope Has A Son (II), Abdullah Musa
- It takes three to make a family, Qeeony Luv
- Love is a river flowing down., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To A Mother The Son Does Not Grow Adult, Subrata Ray
- Lies (haiku five), Conor Young
- Goat Hill, E.Marie AldrichCreasy
- My Son, Caleb Tukahiirwa
- The Sons of Men, CHRISTOPHER EBENEZER
- Son Davie! Son Davie!, Andrew Lang
- To The Others, Katharine Tynan
- Mediation, Katharine Tynan
- A Christmas Carol, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Ainsi, Lorsque Souvent, Andre Marie de Chenier
- A Son Of A Gun, Anonymous Americas
- ' The Son-Flower... ', MoonBee Canady
- Lullaby of my native mother, SAKTHI RAVICHANDRAN
- Hole, Doris Dzameshie
- Acknowledge me, Doris Dzameshie
- Journey Discovered, Priscilla Brown
- Boys, Adriaan Noel
- The Two Sons!, anju addanki
- Pride for pyre, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- bMama Said Also-Good Uns', Barry A. Lanier
- kawabata, RIC S. BASTASA
- Paddington Ear, Andrew Fincham
- The Fortunate Son, maggie signaigo
- mothers always want theirs sons to be ha.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Son of God, Ilan Cohen
- FATHER MIA, Aldo Kraas
- My Son, Carrie Robbins
- A STORY OF FATHER AND SON, Manish Kumar Majumdar
- Your son, jennifer marcelino
- WIthout my son, Nakia Crespin
- carpe diem