Son Poems - Poems For Son
Poems about son. You can read the best son poems. Browse through all son poems.
Parable Of The Prodigal Son - Poem by Rajaram Ramachandran
'Let me have my share,
Oh, my dear father,
I'll seek my fortune
Abroad, ' said his second son.
In the form of gold his property
He gathered and took his journey
Into a far away country
Hoping for a life of bounty.
All his wealth he spent,
And he was left in want,
With his riotous living
And no help coming.
His hunt for a job in vain
Made him a servant to feed swine.
The swine-food-husks he ate,
And in regret, he cursed his fate.
He recalled the days bygone,
When the servants one by one,
Stood before him with folded hands
And obeyed all his commands.
A sinner, he felt, against Heaven
And wished to go back again
For seeking his father's pardon,
To forgive and forget his sin.
He lost his rights moral,
As he went out in quarrel,
And wished to join the farmhouse
As servant, not as son of the house.
His father saw his homecoming,
And went towards him fast running.
He hugged him and kissed him,
Showing all his compassion to him.
'Father, I've sinned against Heaven,
And I'm not worthy of thy son.
Forgive my sin, ' said the son,
'As a servant, please take me in'
The father brushed aside his words,
And to the servants gave orders
To give him best of the robes,
A golden ring, and polished shoes.
He ordered for a grand feast,
And to cook a calf, the one fattest,
To give his son the finest treat,
Welcoming his homeward retreat.
'My son was dead and alive again,
And was lost and now found again, '
So saying his father patted his son,
To the merriment of everyone.
The elder son in the field returned.
One of the servants mentioned
What, in his absence, happened
Which made him disheartened.
He stood, in anger, outside,
And refused to come inside,
As his father never gave him
Such a grand party to him.
'My son, with me your stay is long,
And all that I've, to you they belong.
He was dead and is alive somehow
He was lost and is found now.'
'You join us in this grand meet
To give him this welcome-treat
And let us forgive and forget
What he did as he knew not.'
Comments about Parable Of The Prodigal Son by Rajaram Ramachandran
Poems About Son
- 1. Parable Of The Prodigal Son , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 2. I Am Africa , Makabongwe Nkambule
- 3. My Son , Carrie Robbins
- 4. The White Ship Henry I. Of England.—.. , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 5. Son-In-Law You'Ll Never Be , Bernice Shipman
- 6. The Tale Of William Tell , Hm. Nes
- 7. One Day I'Ll Make You Proud, Dad......! .. , shinej K.P
- 8. Not A Father’s Son , Theresa Ann Moore
- 9. The Odyssey: Book 16 , Homer
- 10. A New Human Father , veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- 11. The Two Sons! , anju addanki
- 12. An Unnecessary Death , Cassandra Jasmine
- 13. Surreal Swallows , daubmir nadir
- 14. The Old Woman And Her Loyal Maid , RIC S. BASTASA
- 15. Lost Poems Found , David McLansky
- 16. Fathers And Sons , Patricia Denise Newman
- 17. My Son , Caleb Tukahiirwa
- 18. The Tale Of The Trucker's Life , Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson
- 19. Bible In Poetry: Gospel Of St. John (Cha.. , Dr John Celes
- 20. Bad Son , gajanan mishra
- 21. Lucky Santa! ! (A Funny Story) , Edwin Drood
- 22. Bmama Said Also-Good Uns' , Barry A. Lanier
- 23. O Policeman, Beat You Not The The Other .. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 24. Congratulations Tony Abbott , Francis Duggan
- 25. Nancy Gray , Francis Duggan
- 26. No Greater Loyalty , Francis Duggan
- 27. Ramayan Part 20 - Kaikeyi's Fruitless Ef.. , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 28. Bible In Poetry: 1 John 5 , Dr John Celes
- 29. What Can I Do His My Son , salma. torrez
- 30. Innocent Dreams , Shaina Lloyd
- 31. To A Mother The Son Does Not Grow Adult , Subrata Ray
- 32. A Riddle , why should i live
- 33. To Daughters For Your Sons , Celeste Butler Mendez
- 34. Mother's Love... , Anshul Gupta
- 35. Happy Second Birthday To My Son On 26th .. , Shaila Touchton
- 36. God’s Full Blessing , Bob Gotti
- 37. The Answer , Denis Martindale
- 38. The Prettiest For The Strongest , Raj Arumugam
- 39. The Mystery Of Israel , Bob Gotti
- 40. /// Laughter ***** Run Errand Accident , Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- 41. There Are People Who Are Not Ashamed Of .. , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 42. Intrigue , Valmiki
- 43. The Mother Mary , George MacDonald
- 44. Bible In Poetry: Gospel Of St. John (Cha.. , Dr John Celes
- 45. Essence Of Azhaki (A Tamil Movie) , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 46. From A To Z. , Mark Heathcote
- 47. Two Types , gajanan mishra
- 48. Bill's Son Joe , Francis Duggan
- 49. The World A World Of Maya And Moha/ The .. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 50. Lelek To Me Forvever / Lelek Meni Zauvijek , Miroslava Odalovic
New Son Poems
- Jesus In The Quran, zaheer uddin
- Pricelessly Impregnable Humanity, Nikhil Parekh
- Essays On Literature, alexander opicho
- What Can I Do His My Son, salma. torrez
- Everest, Mark Heathcote
- Will Always Love You My Son, fred sweetguy
- The Temptor And The Tempted, alexander opicho
- The Disavowal, Muzaffar al-Nawwab
- Like Father Like Son, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Pair Of Eyes, Heather Burns
- carpe diem