Son Poems - Poems For Son
Poems about son. You can read the best son poems. Browse through all son poems.
97.An Unnecessary Death
On November 11th,1918, at 11 in the morning,
Two men were arguing.
One was a father, one was his son.
'My dear father! '
Cried the son through gritted teeth,
'Do you think that I,
Your son, am brainless? ! '
'My dear son, ' replied the father,
As calm as ever,
'Democracy is mighty,
As well as Communism,
Yet I believe that Democracy
Is far more powerful.'
Was his son's reply.
His throat was dry,
As he battled between two thoughts in his mind.
'The reason our government is so strong,
Is the result of Democracy. Everybody has a voice,
And there is no right or wrong.'
The father continued,
'Communism will fall...
Sooner, or later.'
Bellowed the son,
'I respect you,
Yet why can't you respect the fact that
I support Communism?
This way, the whole country shall benefit! '
'My son, ' answered the father,
'I am a supporter of democracy,
And you a supporter of Communism.
I accept that.'
Infuriated that his father wouldn't side with him,
Muttered several words under his breath,
And slowly reached into his coat.
'I love you, father.
Yet I believe that the world may be better,
I gave you the chance to accept Communism,
Yet you refused.'
The son brought his rifle up,
And shot his father. read more »
Grip my hand, son
And kill all your obsessions
Take my arm, son read more »
In theory we should engage
with four sons, whom I list below,
including, at the top the sage,
at bottom he who doesn’t know read more »
100.The War Game
Marching into town they came,
Bringing fear, dread
Snatching fathers, brothers, sons,
Never to be seen again read more »
101.The Tale Of The Trucker's Life
The young bride sits alone in her house,
waiting for her farm hand husband to return to her lonely bosom.
Enters the husband, tired, and cranky.
He goes to the stereo, hooks up his headphones, read more »
Today is the day, we all await
Today is the day, what a sigh
Rain is pouring as I see in the window pane
My son your coming from your mother's womb. read more »
103.Feel My Presence
O my dear son, within
I am in your heart. read more »
Bad son creates
And you have to
Suffer unbearable read more »
105.mothers always want theirs sons to be happy
mothers always want their sons to be happy
and so even if they marry someone
whom their fathers dislike
it is always them who settle for a compromise read more »
106.! Holy questions not wholly answered
When I asked them, why did You
need to send Him, they said
I was too young to ask such questions;
I should just be glad.. read more »
Safety of the dear ones
A concern to the parent all times
Safety measures as they teaches
when the children grows with. read more »
108.Lucky santa! ! (A funny story)
Santa goes into his son`s room to wish him goodnight. His son is having a nightmare - Santa wakes him and asks his son if he is OK? The son replies he is scared because he dreamt that his aunt had died. Santa assures the son that Auntie is fine and sends him to bed.
The next day, Auntie dies. One week later, Santa again goes into his son`s room to wish him goodnight. His son is having another nightmare - Santa again wakes his son. The son this time says that he had dreamt that his grandmother had died. The father assures the son that she is fine and sends him to bed.
The next day, grandmother dies. One week later, Santa again goes into his son`s room to wish him goodnight. His son is having another nightmare, he again wakes his son. The son this time says that he had dreamt that his daddy had died. The father assures the son that he is OK and sends the boy to bed.
Santa goes to bed but cannot sleep because he is so terrified. The next day, Santa is scared for his life- he is sure is going to die. After dressing he drives very cautiously to work fearful of a collision. He doesn`t eat lunch because he is scared of food poisoning. He avoids everyone for he is sure he will somehow be killed. He jumps at every noise, starts at every movement and hides under his desk. read more »
New Son Poems
- Heavens Gossip, Adeosun Olamide
- Stolen Vehicles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Old Papa Goes To Town., Tony Adah
- IT IS NATURE OF ALL MOTHERS, alexander opicho
- From Happenings in My Dream, Adeosun Olamide
- O Policeman, Beat You Not The The Other .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Haiku inspired by Teoh Beng Hock, john tiong chunghoo
- What can i do his my Son, salma. torrez
- The Lord my God is One, Royston Allen
- The War Game, Jaya Jaspal
- Will Always Love You My Son, fred sweetguy
- I Love Thee Three, shery vincent nazrath
- Two Types, gajanan mishra
- Tut, Sezai Karakoç
- Have Mercy On Me Son Of David, Gideon Arthur
- The Disavowal, Muzaffar al-Nawwab
- Bad son, gajanan mishra
- LIKE FATHER LIKE SON, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Son/Sun, nicholas sardinha
- A Pair Of Eyes, Heather Burns
- Once Upon A Dad, Brijaal Dana
- Two Sons, gajanan mishra
- 'Proud Father', Marvin Brato Sr
- God World, Alexander Coppedge
- I Am Africa, Makabongwe Nkambule
- Know Tour Place, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Hey Shabab, Where Is My Son?, sallam yassin
- All because I never believed, Sharifa Palmer
- The Shadow of Ra, Jevon Wray
- Praise me not., Charles Jagongo
- mothers love, raju raj
- An African Mother Advice, Charles Bernard
- Y..... Zebra, Aufie Zophy
- Ô qu'heureux est celui qui peut passer s.., Joachim du Bellay
- Mom said, fate mcfate
- I SAW A LOVELY ENCOUNTER, Dicky Cantrell
- Lelek To Me Forvever / Lelek Meni Zauvijek, Miroslava Odalovic
- YOUNG SONS, Bill Mitton
- My Son, Aufie Zophy
- We Cry, Brad Phillips
- My clan, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Hope Has A Son (II), Abdullah Musa
- It takes three to make a family, Qeeony Luv
- Love is a river flowing down., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To A Mother The Son Does Not Grow Adult, Subrata Ray
- Lies (haiku five), Conor Young
- Goat Hill, E.Marie AldrichCreasy
- My Son, Caleb Tukahiirwa
- The Sons of Men, CHRISTOPHER EBENEZER
- Son Davie! Son Davie!, Andrew Lang
- To The Others, Katharine Tynan
- Mediation, Katharine Tynan
- A Christmas Carol, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Ainsi, Lorsque Souvent, Andre Marie de Chenier
- A Son Of A Gun, Anonymous Americas
- ' The Son-Flower... ', MoonBee Canady
- Lullaby of my native mother, SAKTHI RAVICHANDRAN
- Hole, Doris Dzameshie
- Acknowledge me, Doris Dzameshie
- Journey Discovered, Priscilla Brown
- Boys, Adriaan Noel
- The Two Sons!, anju addanki
- Pride for pyre, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- bMama Said Also-Good Uns', Barry A. Lanier
- kawabata, RIC S. BASTASA
- Paddington Ear, Andrew Fincham
- The Fortunate Son, maggie signaigo
- mothers always want theirs sons to be ha.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Son of God, Ilan Cohen
- FATHER MIA, Aldo Kraas
- My Son, Carrie Robbins
- A STORY OF FATHER AND SON, Manish Kumar Majumdar
- Your son, jennifer marcelino
- WIthout my son, Nakia Crespin
- carpe diem