Sorrow Poems - Poems For Sorrow
Poems about sorrow. You can read the best sorrow poems. Browse through all sorrow poems.
The Stream Of Time - Poem by Jean Hansel Bryan
I go back along the stream of time
darkened by human blood and tears.
The air heavy with the sorrow of departed souls
whose presence still seems near.
Waves break the silence as they lap on the shore
lapping, lapping down through histories time
that reached into humanities core.
Along the stream of time are many graves
full of worms, who cared not if they ate king or slave. In the stream of time there has been much pain and sorrow,
many lived their lives in vain, hoping for a better tomorrow
that never came.
As I go farther back by the stream of time
it seems the dead in the stream resound even more
their cries being carried in on the waves,
lapping, lapping at the shore. I turn and come back to this day
to walk on in today's time stream.
All around me the meek, sick, dying and the mean.
The stream is still being fed blood and tears
people all around crying in pain and living in hunger and fear.
Once in awhile laughter pierces the sky
but overshadowed by haunting cries
as the world in sorrow continues to pass by.
The voices of sorrow, the voices of moan
God hears from Heaven's throne. In the stream are blind men who cling to other men
and worship them as gods, as watchers of their keep
followers of these false gods in sorrow weep
many falling into unawakened sleep.
Into the stream is a mounting throng,
"Population explosion" some call it
and all together go along
side by side, rarely is heard God glorified.
Since the Garden of Eden the snake is still in the stream of time
slithering on his belly on the soil,
unnoticed he gets ready to strike in silent coil,
then he strikes and causes many to slip and fall in his slimy oil. I continue to walk along with the throng.
We will all soon be out of this time stream
and no longer be seen
to be replaced by others already approaching the scene.
Times stream is always full
never scant, never quiet, never a lull.
Down through histories time stream
a continuum of cries, moans, and the meek and the mean
and too many still in hunger and in sickness and pain.
Sorrow fills my heart for this hurting world,
ever changing but still the same.
I bow my head and whisper the saviors name - "Jesus."
Comments about The Stream Of Time by Jean Hansel Bryan
Poems About Sorrow
- 1. The Stream Of Time , Jean Hansel Bryan
- 2. Anger(Biline Poem) , venkatesh ram
- 3. Sorrow No More , bridgitte kwaak
- 4. Tears , Jackie Goforth
- 5. The Sweet Sound Of Sorrow , Mark Stone
- 6. A Tale Of Two Woes , Azriel Dreams
- 7. Angle Of Sorrow... , tou yang
- 8. Lost Soul , Timothy Robledo
- 9. I Write These Lines Upon A Sheet Of Paper , David Mitchell
- 10. One Tiny Sorrow , Abhiraj Rajadhyaksha
- 11. Sorrow , Hakima Smaali
- 12. Contemplation Of Sorrow , Faustina Marie
- 13. 'Sorrow' , Latedra Ellis
- 14. She Is My , cullen bear
- 15. I Sowed For Sorrow , Jessel Jane Tevar
- 16. A Girl Like Me , Ryann Holland
- 17. Free , Miley Gilmore
- 18. Dreams.... Possible , Matthew Boisjolie
- 19. Ha , Matthew Boisjolie
- 20. The Brightness Within , Matthew Boisjolie
- 21. If I Could Open My Window , Sammy Sparrow
- 22. Gaze , David Novianto
- 23. The Paradise Of Martyrs - Book The Second , Thomas Cooper
- 24. Mom My Rock , amos nyakundi
- 25. Self Inauguration , figglestein babbler
- 26. The Life Of A Lover , David Blake
- 27. Unbearable Sorrow , Rani Turton
- 28. Coping , Sam Campbell
- 29. Sweet Love , Alex Clark
- 30. Little Emment , lavion bell
- 31. Mask , chanda wade
- 32. Life , Craig Perkins
- 33. The Annoying Lock! , Tabbie Guthrie
- 34. Catch Me , Julietta Isla
- 35. I Can Tell , Aphet Mbutao
- 36. A Loving Sorrow , mason columbia
- 37. It Aint My Fault , albert lopez
- 38. Sorrow , Kyle Froehlich.
- 39. The Sorrow Of A Friend , håvard hardeland saua
- 40. Love To Hide , Marquita Lawson
- 41. I Live , Luis Rosas
- 42. The Woods , James Comerford
- 43. Love Fever , Christina Simpson
- 44. A Shame Full Mask , Gabriel Quezada
- 45. Gone And Alone , michelle reyna
- 46. Who Do I Love , David Mendez
- 47. Saturday Sickness , B3k Baylon
- 48. Tears Of Sorrow By Bo-Edward Lawrence , Bo Edward Lawrence
- 49. A Toast To A Better Morrow , Javier Falcon
- 50. In My Moments Of Madness. , Sonia Lunden
New Sorrow Poems
- Edge Of Tomorrow, Thomas Becker
- The Joy Of Chasing My Sorrow...., DEEP DARK SOUL POET
- Little Bird, Adam M. Snow
- Sorrow Everywhere, KHAYA CLARENCE
- Lost Consolation, Sadiqullah Khan
- Suicide, Bunny Boo Vana
- My Very Own Private Summer, Dónall Dempsey
- Castle In The Sand, Jim Yerman
- Fate, Shameca Biggs
- The Senses Of Sorrow, Maureen Carey
- carpe diem