Television Poems - Poems For Television
Poems about television. You can read the best television poems. Browse through all television poems.
Political Assassination Publically Justified - Poem by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
“Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears”
such emotionally charged rhetoric written in iambic
pentameter; reminds of times without hearing aids
when microphone television did not aid cause politic.
Yes Antony here plays mocking Brutus, saying that
maybe his speech was too 'cerebral' for the crowd.
Let us not beat around the bush in politics agendaed
politic proclaim “So are they all, all honourable men”.
A portion of the speech 'But Brutus was an honourable
man' is referenced in an opening scene of the West Wing;
which reminds of honourable times without hearing aids
when microphone television did not edit amplify a plot.
“O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me; ”
recall words 'Enemies Foreign and Domestic'
remind in war on terror of threatening all abodes.
Brutus too had previously delivered politic speech,
in which Brutus proud claimed that the murder had;
been done in name of public freedom clever speech,
evil lives while good is oft interred with slain bones.
The opening quotation of this poem is the famous first line of the often-quoted speech by Mark Antony, in the play Julius Caesar, by William Shakespeare. The first three words fit into the rule of three technique.
The second quotation also alludes to the theme of a speaker and the power of a good speech to convince an audience of a specific political point of view. Note the turn of the word honourable to mean dishonourable in Mark Anthony’s speech and beware those who speak of us as Honourable Friends.
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Comments about Political Assassination Publically Justified by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
Poems About Television
- 1. Political Assassination Publically Justi.. , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 2. Mindless Matter , gershon hepner
- 3. Coming Back To Home Earlier , Palas Kumar Ray
- 4. Two Points On The Line Of A Commercial P.. , Bill Grace
- 5. Bliving Life With Barry Iii , Barry A. Lanier
- 6. The Daily Act Of Presence , Jonathan ROBIN
- 7. Sopranos , gershon hepner
- 8. Rooftop , Robert Rorabeck
- 9. Wear , otteri selvakumar
- 10. Be Homely, Though Not Comely , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 11. Special Gift , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 12. Old Fashioned Fun , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 13. Popular Psychosis , gershon hepner
- 14. Loosen Up And Relax , Aldo Kraas
- 15. Shortcuts , gershon hepner
- 16. Realizing Luck , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 17. Sedina , Edward Kofi Louis
- 18. Hardcorpes , Charles Hice
- 19. Mystic Chord , gershon hepner
- 20. 1one100six6seven7 , Charles Hice
- 21. April Three Poetry Npm Charlax , Charles Hice
- 22. This Damn Television , Randy Johnson
- 23. Charlie Rose Has A Chuckle , Bill Grace
- 24. Television Takes Control , Paula Glynn
- 25. The Anger Behind The Swing Of This Axe , Ace Of Black Hearts
- 26. Imagining , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 27. In The Light Of Any Coming War , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 28. Freeness Kills The Spirit , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 29. Mamama , Edward Kofi Louis
- 30. Woman Only Lures By Image , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 31. My Soul Untouched , Margaret Alice Second
- 32. Uncaring Attitudes , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 33. Airing On Interior Screens , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 34. Watch Me Sleep, Will You? , Windsor Guadalupe Jr
- 35. Alternating Time-Scales , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 36. True Beauty , Robert Rorabeck
- 37. Metronomes And Moore's Law , gershon hepner
- 38. Bon Mots , gershon hepner
- 39. God Save Us From The Queen , gershon hepner
- 40. Morse , Randy Johnson
- 41. Friday Night Lights (A Tribute To David .. , Luke Easter
- 42. Housewife Reality Shows , Luke Easter
- 43. Sink Hole , Laurence Overmire
- 44. Yesterday You Read Book , Gert Strydom
- 45. Soul Is A Current , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 46. Living In Fallacy , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 47. I Would Go Up To Jerusalem , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 48. The Calls Of A Sunny Winter , Robert Rorabeck
- 49. Zoe Reno Is Not A Car? , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 50. Enfants De Étoile , Aldo Kraas
New Television Poems
- Indian Ghost Song, Joseph DeMarco
- Will John Key Resign: A Snowflakes Chanc.., Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- April Three Poetry Npm Charlax, Charles Hice
- Turning The Other Cheek, Donal Mahoney
- Bachelorette For Life, Donal Mahoney
- Sedina, Edward Kofi Louis
- Home Alone, Kela LewisMorin
- The Hillwalker, bryan wallace
- Leave The T.V. Off, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Black Hat White Head Band, Charles Hice
- carpe diem