Thanks Poems - Poems For Thanks
Poems about thanks. You can read the best thanks poems. Browse through all thanks poems.
Thanks Given - Poem by Stephen Sherbin II
I give thanks and good tidings to you,
And pray your safety, and health, and finance.
I give thanks to you, mother and father,
For your care, and help, and guidance
in how to conduct myself with those around me.
I give thanks to you, my family,
For your support and happy reunions,
and for your help when times were tough.
I give thanks to you, my friends,
For watching my back in my youthfulness
and listening when I was uncomfortable and frustrated.
I give thanks to you, farmers and architects and engineers,
For providing bountiful harvests, strong shelter,
and new technology through much hard labor
showing what will and hard work can do.
I give thanks to you, cooks and artists and service workers and writers,
For being our smiling face and challenging us
through creativity and bold words
and kindness and good hearts.
I give thanks to you, teachers and business people and government men and women,
For pushing us to be better and showing us how to be more organized.
I give thanks to you, ancestors,
For building our foundations that we may expand upon
and fuse cultures and heritages, and have chance to accept each other equally
regardless of the amount of pigment in our skin.
I give thanks to you, dear soldier,
For standing at the front of the line to protect us, our loved ones
and our freedoms from foes that plan our demise,
your sacrifice is worth more than all the wealth in the world in my eye.
I give thanks to you, my pastors,
For showing me where the light comes from,
and love, mercy, forgiveness, and grace.
I give thanks to you, God and Jesus,
For being my breath of life, my light in darkness,
my hope, my rock, my safe place
And for you who reads this, whether mentioned or not,
I thank you, for being like me,
In which I do not feel alone.
Whether you realize it or not,
I Love You, and God Bless You.
© November 25,2009 Stephen Sherbin II
Comments about Thanks Given by Stephen Sherbin II
Poems About Thanks
- 401. Thanks Given , Stephen Sherbin II
- 402. Making Thanksgiving Day Meaningful! , Shaila Touchton
- 403. The Law According To The Disciples Of Ea.. , AaI Harvey
- 404. Psalm 118 , Justin Reamer
- 405. Transformed... , Ola Joseph Kolawole
- 406. Give Thanks Year Round , Rita Hawkins
- 407. Unrest Soul: Prayers For A Day And night , Vinz Poetry
- 408. A Wonder , noel maddock
- 409. This Christmas Day , Craig Mize
- 410. Thanks To Everybody That I Will Die , Saniya Galeyeva
- 411. I See You Pass Me By , new heart
- 412. For One Who Cannot Read This , Adonis Loner
- 413. Thanks Dear , Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- 414. To Be Near You , Karen Montegrande
- 415. Thanks , Liv Mealone
- 416. The Art Of Not Wearing A Hood , Jim French
- 417. Our Healthy First Year , Mustafa Marconi
- 418. This Is For You , Heart of Ice Die Die Die
- 419. Rebound? , zheung kyuhkoh
- 420. Trio. Thanks, Master Sancho, I'M Your Se.. , James Bland Burges
- 421. Time , Eric Maffettone
- 422. The Harbour , A. P. Herbert
- 423. Because I'M Alive , Lynn Anne Brown
- 424. The Happiness Of Thanksgiving , Dorsey Baker
- 425. A Home In Thee , Crystal Tutson
- 426. My Foundation , Francesca Marie
- 427. Veterans Day , Terry Mar
- 428. Thanks , gideon zerah ogbonna
- 429. Failure And Longing , Rouge Groer
- 430. True Friends , Keelan Francis
- 431. Thanks For What? , Liliana EL.
- 432. Prison Bird , Neptune Barman
- 433. Holiday Poem-Give Thanks , Maria Herron
- 434. Bootleg Booze , edward kermode
- 435. She Live In My Breath , Love Lotey
- 436. All You Did For; 'Thank You' (I) , Buyunde Acura Sylivester
- 437. Rainbow Tale (A Novel) Chapter Eight , Z.I. Mahmud
- 438. Harvest Moon , Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- 439. George Washington , Timothy Long
- 440. Two Poems Accepted By The International .. , Jim Creston
- 441. Free Falling , Dalyn GRAHAM
- 442. Lucky Breaks , Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- 443. Teacher , Shachi Kaul
- 444. Thanks Mum , Sentamu Aziz
- 445. Fabolus Ride In Every Normal Day(Friend) , Rudy Rico Castillo
- 446. Thank You God , Eunice B. Gardner
- 447. A Thanksgiving Fable , Oliver Herford
- 448. Teamwork , david barnett
- 449. Thanks , ENOCH JOHN
- 450. Rainbow Tale (A Novel) Chapter Four , Z.I. Mahmud
New Thanks Poems
- Allah, Sahra Hussein
- When I Think Of November, Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- Thanks, DEAN WILLIAM JOHNSTON
- Thanks To My Wife, Shalom Freedman
- Thanks For The Love, Peter Lungile Chidothe
- Making Thanksgiving Day Meaningful!, Shaila Touchton
- Thanks A Lot, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Thanks Paula, Rod Morris
- Thanks, Umasree Raghunath
- A Day Of Thanksgiving, Savita Tyagi
- carpe diem