Tiger Poems - Poems For Tiger
Poems about tiger. You can read the best tiger poems. Browse through all tiger poems.
From A Happening At The Bayswater - Poem by Francis Duggan
Were I a bard or storyteller some great stories I could tell
Of the happenings at Bayswater in the Bayswater Hotel
You don't have to buy a ticket if you want to watch a fight
Just call to Hotel Bayswater there's one there most every night.
If you hate the sight of brawling Basy pub is not for you
Fellows disagree and fight there beat each other black and blue
They don't fight in there for purses not one half penny at stake
They just fight for love of fighting just for fight and fighting sake.
Last week's big fight was a ripper it turned out a super show
Hugh Murdoch and Jim 'Tiger' Ellis slugged it out hard toe to toe
Hughie Murdoch came out winning he laid Jimmy's colours low
But he failed to knockout Tiger the decision t.k.o.
Jimmy had a painful evening he was often on the floor
But he did not let his fans down he rose up and fought some more
He was cut his nose was bleeding 'next day he must have felt sore'
You can whip and cage a Tiger but you can't stop that tiger roar.
Jimmy took his beating sporting and that's not hard to understand
He's a man he doesn't hold grudges he shook Hughie Murdoch's hand
And that's why we like Jimmy Ellis we admire the man a lot
When he's finished with his fighting all forgiven and forgot.
Hughie is bigger than Jimmy and outweighed him pound for pound
But small Jimmy kept on battling did not yield an inch of ground
And though this time he lost the battle Jim did not let his fans down
Little Tiger Jimmy Ellis he has carved his own renown.
He's some character Jim Ellis he's been there and he's done that
And he is known throughout Australia from Queensland to Ballarat
When he's sober he's a top bloke good as one could wish to meet
But when he's drunk he turns to Tiger booze it changes him complete.
This one story from Bayswater from the Bayswater Hotel
And were I a bard or story writer I'd have many more to tell
But I am just a common drainer just an old fart my workmates say
And I push shovel for a living just to earn a living pay.
Comments about From A Happening At The Bayswater by Francis Duggan
Poems About Tiger
- 151. From A Happening At The Bayswater , Francis Duggan
- 152. Tiger, My Brother… , Hebert Logerie
- 153. Favor Done To The Mean Minded Persons! , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 154. A Tiger , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 155. Close Encounter Of The Tiger Kind , Ima Ryma
- 156. In Search Of Kedarnath Singh's Tiger , gajanan mishra
- 157. Mahabharata, Book Vi - Arms And Weapons , Veda Vyasa
- 158. Tiger Dragon Masters Of Disguise , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 159. Splash! , Denis Martindale
- 160. Indian Sanctuary , Denis Martindale
- 161. Improve In What You Are , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 162. Wading Tiger , Denis Martindale
- 163. Billy Of One Hand , Francis Duggan
- 164. Early Spring , Denis Martindale
- 165. Tiger , Paula Glynn
- 166. Of Eurotrash, Unicorns, Valentines (13 P.. , sheena blackhall
- 167. Virtue And Love , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 168. Hate Is Not The Reason , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 169. Visit Malaysia Year Haiku - Gua Taat (Ta.. , john tiong chunghoo
- 170. Tiger! , Denis Martindale
- 171. Begging For Change , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 172. Study For Tiger Fury , Denis Martindale
- 173. River Crossing, Too , Denis Martindale
- 174. Best Wishes! , Denis Martindale
- 175. Cool Waters... , Denis Martindale
- 176. Deep Water! , Denis Martindale
- 177. Follow In The Swings Of A Poplar Tree , Mark Heathcote
- 178. First Born , Denis Martindale
- 179. Winter Walk... , Denis Martindale
- 180. The Tiger- Past Predator: Present Prey! , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 181. Burning Bright , Denis Martindale
- 182. One For The Road , Denis Martindale
- 183. The Stare , Denis Martindale
- 184. Layabout , Denis Martindale
- 185. Of Tigers And Rivers , RIC S. BASTASA
- 186. Cool Refuge , Denis Martindale
- 187. Adorable , Denis Martindale
- 188. Lying In Wait , Denis Martindale
- 189. Afternoon Dip , Denis Martindale
- 190. King Of The Castle , Denis Martindale
- 191. Dhammananda’s Tiger , Margaret Alice
- 192. The Prowler , Denis Martindale
- 193. Sudden Death , gershon hepner
- 194. 040810i First Day In Augusta , Manonton Dalan
- 195. That Warm Island Submerged -那 .. , starseven0 starseven0
- 196. A Cat’s Dream , Gert Strydom
- 197. Mad Cat , David Harris
- 198. I Don't Just Break A Jing Vase , Mark Heathcote
- 199. Tiger Tiger , Colin Ian Jeffery
- 200. Siberian Snow Tiger White Black Stripped , Terence George Craddock (aft ..
New Tiger Poems
- The Tale Of The Tiger. Prose Poem., subhadip bhattacharya
- Australia - The Australian Twelve Days O.., Paul Warren.
- How I Miss, Anthony Cavuoti
- A Tiger Is, gajanan mishra
- Villanelle: The Dilemma Of The Non-Viole.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Tiger, Bijay Kant Dubey
- People's Soul, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Tiger, Tiger, Blocking My Way, Phil Soar
- Tame Tiger, Ali Rahimi
- Tiger and Elephant, James McIntyre