Tree Poems - Poems For Tree
Poems about tree. You can read the best tree poems. Browse through all tree poems.
Selfie - Poem by Diane Hine
One morning, Meopa awoke with a want; a want
to go tree-climbing. Unable to decide what to wear
she left the house wearing nothing at all.
Of course, she took her cell phone.
Not far away, a huge Moreton Bay Fig overflowed
the garden of a derelict house. She scaled the tree
in a gung-ho manner and perched in the crown
as if she were a small bird or, more plausibly
a plucked emu. Then she straddled a broad limb
as if she were a long-legged, plucked primate.
One of those ‘time has no meaning' moods which
tend to reside in leafy canopies percolated through
Meopa's interior and pooled pleasantly in her toes.
Far below her dangling feet, the buttress roots arched
like dinosaur toes. If the tree really were a dinosaur
this was the view a victim might have from its jaws,
she thought and took a picture with her cell phone
for perspective. What might her feet have looked
like an epoch ago? .... splay-toed and calloused?
Or a period ago? .. hairy with a big toe like a thumb?
Or an era ago? ..... tiny and shrew-clawed? Or an eon
ago? ... but feet had yet to be invented an eon ago.
A tree top is a chipper spot to sit and whittle cosmic
truths; which she did, possibly for seconds or maybe
for an age (nine minutes according to the cell phone) .
She felt cocooned yet unconfined, but then her thigh
cramped. Time to fly? Certainly not, but time to go.
First though, a selfie to show how high she'd climbed.
Her descent was painstakingly cautious and required
the utilization of many expletives.
When she got home, Meopa decided to get dressed.
So, she sewed her tree-top cosmic truths into a
serviceable haiku and slipped it over her head:
Tree climbing is fun
Tree descending is scary
Cell phones need pockets
It would do.
Comments about Selfie by Diane Hine
Poems About Tree
- 151. Selfie , Diane Hine
- 152. Hanging Tree , jackson idk
- 153. 7/11 Mumbai , samyak jain
- 154. The Snake & The Apple , Paula Glynn
- 155. Innocent Tree , gajanan mishra
- 156. The Twelve Days Of Christmas , Anonymous
- 157. Original Tree , gajanan mishra
- 158. The Tree (A Repost) , RIC S. BASTASA
- 159. Wisdom , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 160. Acorn , David Taylor
- 161. Everyone Is Vital , DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- 162. 10 Mother Earth , Saiom Shriver
- 163. The New Maji , Sidi J. Mahtrow
- 164. Primal Primate , gershon hepner
- 165. The Aswatha Tree , Savita Tyagi
- 166. Tree's Frog - Parody Joyce Kilmer , Jonathan ROBIN
- 167. Perceptions , Md. Asadullah
- 168. A Tree , Laura Green
- 169. Bird Nesting. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 170. The Question Of The Metaphysical Squirrel , Eugene Levich
- 171. Under The Shade Of The Big Old Oak Tree , Daleen Enslinstrydom
- 172. A Tree In The Desert , Leo Valencia
- 173. The Old Man And The Tree , Richard Allen Beevor
- 174. Sonnet: The Drumstick Tree , Dr John Celes
- 175. First Christmas Tree , Micron
- 176. Touch By A Living Tree , Rinchen Dhendup
- 177. 'The Giddy Tree' By David Hart , David Hart
- 178. The Unknown Poet And The Lover With An I.. , The Lilt of Orpheus
- 179. A Journey Under The Spiritual Shades , Freni Karaluthara
- 180. Evergreen Tree , Joseph T. Renaldi
- 181. Pluck A Plum Where There Is No Tree , Saiom Shriver
- 182. Rondeau Reclimbing Childhood Tree , Jonathan ROBIN
- 183. Tree Saplings. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 184. The Computer Tree- Algorithm (Sextuple C.. , Marieta Maglas
- 185. The Child-World , James Whitcomb Riley
- 186. Pappepee , Estrellita Dedel
- 187. The Wish Giving Tree , Ajit Chaliha
- 188. Learn From A Tree! , Muthu manickam
- 189. A Wayward Rose , Dora Sigerson Shorter
- 190. Tree Makes , gajanan mishra
- 191. Yes, Money Grows On Trees , gajanan mishra
- 192. Nightstalker On A Mission , Herbert Nehrlich
- 193. The Tree's And Me (For B.H.) , Ray Hansell
- 194. A Rain Song-5 , Indira Renganathan
- 195. Treeaddicted , Charles Hice
- 196. A Poison Tree , john tiong chunghoo
- 197. What Do We Plant? , Henry Abbey
- 198. A Tree , Emmanuel Mohanlall
- 199. I'M Just An Ordinary Tree , tree Ryd
- 200. Grass Is Easier? , Cody Lee Jones
New Tree Poems
- Weeping By The Willow Tree, Adam M. Snow
- The Sun And The Tree, DEAN WILLIAM JOHNSTON
- Just Look At Me, Curtisj Johnson
- Salsaabil 64 Poem@sakisabre, SAKISABRE Saki
- Salsaabil 55 On Trees In Religion Poem@s.., SAKISABRE Saki
- I Wanted To Be Like That Old Tree, Thandolwethu Ntshintshi
- The Planting Of The Apple-Tree, William Cullen Bryant
- Y/.. Roots For Everyone's Heart, Aufie Zophy
- Septemijo, Heidi Lynn Staples
- Essay 1, gordon nosworthy
- carpe diem