Warning Poems - Poems For Warning
Poems about warning. You can read the best warning poems. Browse through all warning poems.
Warning - Poem by Jenny Joseph
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
Comments about Warning by Jenny Joseph
Poems About Warning
- 1. Warning , Jenny Joseph
- 2. Warning , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 3. Lochiel's Warning , Thomas Campbell
- 4. But Listen, I Am Warning You , Anna Akhmatova
- 5. The Warning , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 6. Warning , George William Russell
- 7. Sublime Was The Warning , Thomas Moore
- 8. Warning , Sydney Thompson Dobell
- 9. Warning , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 10. The Surgeon's Warning , Robert Southey
- 11. Autumn’s Warnings , Augusta Davies Webster
- 12. Warning , Shel Silverstein
- 13. The Warning , George Meredith
- 14. Warning And Reply , Emily Jane Brontë
- 15. Fore-Warning , Robert William Service
- 16. Warning To Children , Robert Graves
- 17. Little Ballads Of Timely Warning; Ii: , Ellis Parker Butler
- 18. Little Ballads Of Timely Warning; Iii: , Ellis Parker Butler
- 19. More And More , Margaret Atwood
- 20. A Warning To My Readers , Wendell Berry
- 21. A Warning: To Aurelius , Gaius Valerius Catullus
- 22. The Warning , Robert Creeley
- 23. Warnings , John Henry Newman
- 24. Latter-Day Warnings , Oliver Wendell Holmes
- 25. Without Warning , Sappho
- 26. There comes a warning like a spy , Emily Dickinson
- 27. A Warning on Spontaneous Combustion , Stuart McLean
- 28. Mama's Promise , Marilyn Nelson
- 29. Without Warning , Sarah Lindsay
- 30. A Warning , Raymond A Foss
- 31. Warnings He Gave Us , Raymond A Foss
- 32. Faces In The Street , Henry Lawson
- 33. Inchcape Rock , Robert Southey
- 34. The Statue , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 35. Remembering Tiananmen , hasmukh amathalal
- 36. World, Take Good Notice , Walt Whitman
- 37. Harvest Time , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 38. Geraint And Enid , Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 39. An Excursion Steamer Sunk In The Tay , William Topaz McGonagall
- 40. Philadelphia , Rudyard Kipling
- 41. ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' .. , Dónall Dempsey
- 42. A Ballad Of The Heather , Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
- 43. Mighty Eagle , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 44. (151) Conscience , Melvina Germain
- 45. Is It Well? , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 46. A Translation Of The Nightingale Out Of .. , William Strode
- 47. Ad Amicos , Oliver Wendell Holmes
- 48. The Believer's Danger, Safety, And Duty , John Newton
- 49. Since The Cities Are The Cities , Henry Lawson
- 50. The Wild Huntsman , Sir Walter Scott
New Warning Poems
- Fair Warning To All (Bussokusekika), Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- A Warning From History, David Clinch
- Torn Away, Afrilisha LoweVidal
- Different Laughs Around Us, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Vampir, Suzaku Vaneko
- Goodbye To Suicide, sekharan pookkat
- Medicine In Poetry: How To Know Your Dep.., Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- The Statue, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- These Tears Of Mother Nature, Anthony Edmond John
- Violence Fills The Earth, Bob Gotti
- carpe diem