Weather Poems - Poems For Weather
Poems about weather. You can read the best weather poems. Browse through all weather poems.
When People Ask Me Where I Come From - Poem by Francis Duggan
I am just a peasant fellow without pretension to renown
But in some ways I feel lucky I was raised near Millstreet Town
And if anybody ask me where are you from anyway?
I tell them I come from Millstreet from a place called Claraghatlea.
Claraghatlea that sounds a strange name and where the hecks might Millstreet be?
I tell them a Town in North Cork inland distant from the sea
In green and fertile Duhallow with high mountains all around
Where you can view the finest scenery when you climb the higher ground.
Of Millstreet you paint a good picture but how do it compare to here?
We only read of wet Ireland where the skies are seldom clear
Not much point in pretty scenery if the weather's seldom fine
Give me Queensland and warm weather, golden beaches and sunshine.
With them I don't try to argue each to their own point of view
And what they read of Irish weather in some ways is partly true
But I have often been to Queensland and thought the climate hot and dry
And even in cooler Victoria risk of skin cancer is high.
When people ask me where I come from my heritage I don't deny
I tell them I come from Millstreet twelve thousand miles north as plane fly
Winter months were wet and frosty and in Spring some heavy showers
But from May onwards so much beauty, fields and gardens full of flowers.
It is Spring now in Victoria and today is such a pleasant day
And the grey shrike thrush is whistling in the wood across the way
it is almost perfect weather a high of twenty degrees
And the nestling birds are chirping in their nests high on the trees.
Wish today could last forever but wishing cannot make it be
In the Summer temperatures soar to a high of forty three
And this a cool part of Australia further north it's hot all year
And to some parts rain is a stranger and the drought can hit severe.
When people ask me where I come from west of Millstreet Town I say
In green and fertile Duhallow in a place called Claraghatlea
This Claraghatlea sounds such a strange name and where the hecks might Millstreet be?
I tell them by Clara mountain inland distant from the sea.
Comments about When People Ask Me Where I Come From by Francis Duggan
Poems About Weather
- 1. When People Ask Me Where I Come From , Francis Duggan
- 2. I Am God , Naveed Akram
- 3. Dreamworks , Jonathan ROBIN
- 4. Laundry Money , Aldo Kraas
- 5. Like The Weather , Dónall Dempsey
- 6. Comes The Snow Storm , vincent armone
- 7. Rhineland Memories , C Richard Miles
- 8. The Weather Wight , Ambrose Bierce
- 9. Corncob Jones , Madison Julius Cawein
- 10. Deception , Aldo Kraas
- 11. Golden Crown , Joyce Hemsley
- 12. So Sick , Aldo Kraas
- 13. Death But Alive , Nyein Way
- 14. Evergreen , Robert Rorabeck
- 15. Come Cry With Us , Aldo Kraas
- 16. Feet Of The Forest , Naveed Akram
- 17. It's Cold For May , Francis Duggan
- 18. On Talking To Christine Gillespie , Francis Duggan
- 19. To Come On , Robert Rorabeck
- 20. Night Wind , Is It Poetry
- 21. Broadcasting Weather , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 22. Cape Stiff , Cicely Fox Smith
- 23. Moaning About The Weather , C Richard Miles
- 24. Donnie And The Zombie Ii , Morgan Michaels
- 25. Programmed , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 26. A Song For Labor , Madison Julius Cawein
- 27. All Weather Friends! , Ramesh T A
- 28. Nature Has No Mother , Bob Gotti
- 29. Enemy And Weather , Naveed Akram
- 30. - Miracle - , Aparna Chatterjee
- 31. In The South Western Grampians , Francis Duggan
- 32. South Gippsland In April , Francis Duggan
- 33. A Very Warm Day In Early February , Francis Duggan
- 34. On The Fourth Day Of March , Francis Duggan
- 35. No Let Up In Sight , Audrey Heller
- 36. Snowfalls , Robert Rorabeck
- 37. Threatening Rain , David Lewis Paget
- 38. I Am On My Way Back Home , Aldo Kraas
- 39. Can'T Change The Weather , Marilyn Lott
- 40. An April Day Near Mushera , Francis Duggan
- 41. Four Seasons In One Day , Francis Duggan
- 42. I Must Be Getting Older , Francis Duggan
- 43. Victoria's Weather , Francis Duggan
- 44. He Protected Us , Emmanuel George Cefai
- 45. The Four Seasons , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 46. When Will Summer Arrive... Mar 5th,2014 , James Bredin
- 47. This Life And Its Teeth. , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 48. Drizzles , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 49. Don'T Say Oops Or Stay Mute , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 50. A Marvel Against Odds! , Ramesh T A
New Weather Poems
- Once More, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fair-Weather Friends, Melvina Germain
- Fairweather Friends, Melvina Germain
- Hum, Ann Lauterbach
- Whether The Weather Be Fine, Anonymous British
- Violets And Sunflower Seeds..............., Eva Tortora
- The Hunter, jonathan sexton
- Season Greetings, Amanda Shelton
- The Weather Mood, Rakhia Rahman
- Severe Weather (Free Verse), Dorian Petersen Potter
- carpe diem