Wedding Poems - Poems For Wedding
Poems about wedding. You can read the best wedding poems. Browse through all wedding poems.
Gift From A Daughter Who Disappeared - Poem by Donal Mahoney
Your package arrived last night.
When my wife brought it in, I said,
'Make certain it's not ticking.'
It wasn't, so she opened it.
I grabbed the wedding pictures
without reading your letter
and saw you and your groom
graciously attired except for
the flannel pajama bottoms.
'My God, ' I yelled, 'they had
a Hare Krishna wedding! '
Not that there's anything
wrong with that.
My wife said your letter explains
why you wore pajama bottoms
over your wedding outfits-
to stay warm on a wintry day.
I should have guessed.
The package arrived late
so I felt it unfair to read your letter
when I wasn't at my best.
After all these years,
one more day in absentia
shouldn't be held against me.
Your letter looks long, ominous.
I would expect nothing less.
I asked my wife to read it
to see if any land mines lurk.
She said she saw none
but she wasn't at our Nagasaki
so she might have missed
some deft allusions.
I'm more careful these days
guarding the remnants.
On dark Tuesday mornings,
when I wheel the garbage cans out,
I make certain your brother isn't
on horseback at the curb,
primed for another debate.
You were both so young.
He was a tyke who suffered
the fallout, not the conflagration.
You look good in the photos;
your new husband as well.
The priest looks the way
priests used to look.
He'd be good in old movies
standing in for Spencer or Bing.
You're a beautiful lady
as the pictures make clear.
Always were, always will be.
Please know it's difficult
after all these years to dodge
bombs of memory dropped
by what happened
and what never will be.
I promise to get back to you
about all that you've sent
and all that I haven't.
Some day we must
in case a genealogist
is born into the family
and wants to know
what we know.
Till then, much love.
Give my best to the groom.
Tell him pajamas at his wedding
are only the beginning.
A monocle or pince-nez is next.
Comments about Gift From A Daughter Who Disappeared by Donal Mahoney
Poems About Wedding
- 201. Gift From A Daughter Who Disappeared , Donal Mahoney
- 202. The End Of The Grange , David Lewis Paget
- 203. The Woman Who Went To Hell [an Irish Leg.. , Dora Sigerson Shorter
- 204. YOUR WEDDING PARTY حفلة زفافك , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 205. /// Humor ***** Wedding Period , Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- 206. I Wouldn'T Want You To Miss It , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 207. The Wedding Gown Of The Spring Is More F.. , Gert Strydom
- 208. Alankar(Decor) -211 , Indira Renganathan
- 209. A Deaf In A Wedding , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 210. Wife's Wedding Dress , Randy McClave
- 211. Happiest Event The Wedding. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 212. Lyndsay's Wedding Dream , Randy McClave
- 213. All Minds Must Moulder , gershon hepner
- 214. The Bride Of Never Again , David Lewis Paget
- 215. Of Love And Time , Edward Kofi Louis
- 216. 0009 Rococo Time , Michael Shepherd
- 217. The French , oskar hansen
- 218. My Friend's Wedding , Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- 219. The Wedding Of Prince William & Kate Mid.. , sheena blackhall
- 220. Norm And Ethel , Saiom Shriver
- 221. If We Want To Know What's Going In Italy.. , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 222. Cold Pud And Pantaloons Falling (Fun Poe.. , David Harris
- 223. Wedding Gown , Randy Johnson
- 224. Earl Roderick’s Bride , Dora Sigerson Shorter
- 225. Utilitarians , RIC S. BASTASA
- 226. Albeit Of Salt , Donal Mahoney
- 227. Judith And A Wedding Day , Terry Collett
- 228. The Mock Wedding , David Lewis Paget
- 229. In Blue Hawaii , Joyce Hemsley
- 230. The Poet's Bride , Aldo Kraas
- 231. Until We Parted , Joyce Hemsley
- 232. A Most Unusual Wedding , Orlando Belo
- 233. Into Illusive Reality [rev] & Amuse Scor.. , Margaret Alice Second
- 234. Jezebel-The Sleeping Beauty (Part 8) , Marieta Maglas
- 235. The Wedding Night（Two Pairs Of Couplets） , Luo Zhihai
- 236. Marriage , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 237. Name, Fame! , Edward Kofi Louis
- 238. Wedding Day Shoes , Kristen Brown
- 239. Dream Woman , oskar hansen
- 240. Only Little Brother , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 241. A Sister's Wedding , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 242. It's Really A Grand Wedding! , nimal dunuhinga
- 243. Wedding Dress , Ruth Walters
- 244. The Saxon Bride , David Lewis Paget
- 245. Love Made In Heaven , louis rams
- 246. Pride Had A Role To Play , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 247. Falconridge , David Lewis Paget
- 248. The Fair Weather Man , David Lewis Paget
- 249. Snow-White (Part 6) , Marieta Maglas
- 250. A Father's Day Like No Other , Donal Mahoney
New Wedding Poems
- Wife's Wedding Dress, Randy McClave
- Polly And Paul, Joy Thacker
- Lyndsay's Wedding Dream, Randy McClave
- The End Of The Grange, David Lewis Paget
- Happiest Event The Wedding., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The French, oskar hansen
- The Wedding By Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- Wedding Day, Kat Hanlon
- A Muse Ess Music Box, Charles Hice
- Wedding Day, ademola oluwabusayo
- carpe diem